Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers 17:16 - Nov 4 with 1261 viewsstevec

Probably on a hiding to nothing here, but I am not impressed. I don't care how hard a volley comes in from close range, if it whistles that close to your ear instinct alone should make you at least get a firm hand to it. The deflection was minor and should not have had much impact much like the one against West Ham though a little harder to save. His reactions where equally slow for the Russians back heel in the cup game against Reading.

Admittedly the defending was rank for all those goals but I just think a top class keeper should deal better with them.

He excels when he has time to get in position but struggles when fast reactions are needed. What happened to the Phil Parkes style of keeping, namely cutting out the cross before bedlam breaks out in the six yard box?
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 1239 viewsBazWoT

You're right, hiding to nothing, you're wrong, class keeper!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:21 - Nov 4 with 1222 viewsPacal_Votan

5 yards out half volley with deflection...= easy save.

"Try the whine!!!"

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:23 - Nov 4 with 1206 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clearly you weren't at the Emirates if you think his reflexes are bad. Laughable.

Bare bones.

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:27 - Nov 4 with 1191 viewskingo

I thought he was very relaxed about the initial header and once it hit the bar we were struggling. But in saying that we had enough chances up the other end to win the game.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:32 - Nov 4 with 1174 viewsbeeeater

think you are wrong there. As soon as we get Dawson to play alongside Mbia i think we will be very hard to beat
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:36 - Nov 4 with 1152 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Kept us in several games. Bit harsh I reckon steve

It's got to be Yarg

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:37 - Nov 4 with 1144 viewsstevec

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:23 - Nov 4 by Antti_Heinola

Clearly you weren't at the Emirates if you think his reflexes are bad. Laughable.

Can't help thinking if Green was the keeper we wouldn't be so forgiving. If you stay rooted to your line you restrict any ability to reach back and that split second can be the difference to parrying or ball in the back of the net. Cesar ends up so upright your less balanced to make the save.

All his best saves are when he is clear of his line.
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:41 - Nov 4 with 1124 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:32 - Nov 4 by beeeater

think you are wrong there. As soon as we get Dawson to play alongside Mbia i think we will be very hard to beat

Thought Nelsen had a good one...again

It's got to be Yarg

Login to get fewer ads

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:41 - Nov 4 with 1124 viewsBazWoT

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:37 - Nov 4 by stevec

Can't help thinking if Green was the keeper we wouldn't be so forgiving. If you stay rooted to your line you restrict any ability to reach back and that split second can be the difference to parrying or ball in the back of the net. Cesar ends up so upright your less balanced to make the save.

All his best saves are when he is clear of his line.

He wasn't rooted he was moving, the deflection caused him to not save it.

Still carry on.

Here's your next moan.

Mackie should have got a proper block in, what was that poxy effort that not only blocked the keeper's view but put in the net.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:50 - Nov 4 with 1100 viewsstevec

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:41 - Nov 4 by BazWoT

He wasn't rooted he was moving, the deflection caused him to not save it.

Still carry on.

Here's your next moan.

Mackie should have got a proper block in, what was that poxy effort that not only blocked the keeper's view but put in the net.

Not a moan Baz, merely an observation :)

Must own up I base good goalkeeping on an era of Parkes, Corrigan, Shilton, Southall - keepers who took control of the box and didn't stay superglued to the goal line waving their arms at 5 foot 9 midfielders for not beating a 6 foot 4 centre half to a header.
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 18:05 - Nov 4 with 1062 viewsdubaistu

You might want to question why Ferdinand backed off the initial header. I'm not one for slagging off our players, but he's gash and has an arse that's so big it's both sides of the family.

Aren't footballers supposed to be able to run nowadays - he's tripe and should pi$$ off in January
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:01 - Nov 4 with 979 viewsBeauRanger

He does seem to make a lot of mistakes for a top 'keeper, but still better than Green IMO.
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:16 - Nov 4 with 952 viewsClubber

He is carrying an injury. Has been since a car crash . Hughes wont sign a player or put him in the squad (Hello Keiron dyer) unless he has had a bad injury or is injury prone. I think he likes' the challenge !
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:18 - Nov 4 with 944 viewsCambsHoop

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:01 - Nov 4 by BeauRanger

He does seem to make a lot of mistakes for a top 'keeper, but still better than Green IMO.

"lot of mistakes"? Care to expand? Biggest mistake that I remember was him thinking he'd win the league with us! Maybe he didn't specifically mention what particular league?

As to the original question: Do spec-savers sell glasses that allow you to slow down the space-time-continuum so that you have time to react to a ball kicked from three yards away?
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:22 - Nov 4 with 934 viewsClubber

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:18 - Nov 4 by CambsHoop

"lot of mistakes"? Care to expand? Biggest mistake that I remember was him thinking he'd win the league with us! Maybe he didn't specifically mention what particular league?

As to the original question: Do spec-savers sell glasses that allow you to slow down the space-time-continuum so that you have time to react to a ball kicked from three yards away?

Whats the excuse for west ham then ? He has at best been average

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:34 - Nov 4 with 901 viewsBasingstokeR

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 17:32 - Nov 4 by beeeater

Dawson was unsure about a move to us before, he'll be even more now. Won't come to Rangers.
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:36 - Nov 4 with 894 viewsTGRRRSSS

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 18:05 - Nov 4 by dubaistu

You might want to question why Ferdinand backed off the initial header. I'm not one for slagging off our players, but he's gash and has an arse that's so big it's both sides of the family.

Aren't footballers supposed to be able to run nowadays - he's tripe and should pi$$ off in January

He was poor, he hardly ever attacked a ball in the air, not sure if he really is this poor, or other thing are and have been affecting him, either way until hos head is sorted he shoujld not be picked.
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:38 - Nov 4 with 883 viewsCHUBBS

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:22 - Nov 4 by Clubber

Whats the excuse for west ham then ? He has at best been average

He may like a cheeseburger or 2 like yourself mate but he's a quality keeper who was not at fault for their goal.
I have known Mr Martin for many a year and he spent all his money on whiskey and gear...........
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:40 - Nov 4 with 877 viewsBasingstokeR

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:36 - Nov 4 by TGRRRSSS

He was poor, he hardly ever attacked a ball in the air, not sure if he really is this poor, or other thing are and have been affecting him, either way until hos head is sorted he shoujld not be picked.

I spent a lot of the game shouting at the players to stop letting Anton pass the ball forward. His defensive form is bad enough without being forced to watch him lump the ball back to the oppositions centre backs repeatedly. When Faurlin plays at least he comes and takes the ball off him a bit more.
Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:41 - Nov 4 with 875 viewsClubber

Cesar: should have gone to specsavers on 19:38 - Nov 4 by CHUBBS

He may like a cheeseburger or 2 like yourself mate but he's a quality keeper who was not at fault for their goal.
I have known Mr Martin for many a year and he spent all his money on whiskey and gear...........

Very dry fat's. Not against him as you know, but world class?...... hmmmmm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024