Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice article on Joey acknowledging the fans 11:56 - Jan 25 with 858 viewsbosh67

http://talksport.com/football/barton-qpr-fans-saved-my-career-14012477074?

Interesting to see behind the mask here and realise that a lot of so called strong characters actually have a lot of self doubts about themselves. Joey is obviously no different. For all the red cards we hugely missed him last season. He is, when his mind is set, a truly excellent football player. He also is a player who responds to encouragement, probably like most of us. In Joey's case it appears to be essential that fans believe in him.

I was talking to my dad and we were looking back at most of his run ins on the pitch. We couldn't particularly think of occasions where he has received a straight red where he has actually really instigated something. Flown into a tackle, punched someone, etc. His weakness is his short fuse when provoked. He's usually kicked all over the park before he reacts, and players and refs are wise to this. It is his weakness and deep down he knows that.

I am personally quite proud of the way in which the fans here have embraced him this season. It obviously means a great deal to him and he has shown that by putting in some really commanding displays. Our encouragement and relationship with this type of player to get the best out of them is essential to our success. I don't think Joey plays for the money when he's happy. He plays because he loves playing and he enjoys the fact that we acknowledge that.

I think and I hope that Joey realises that he isn't getting any younger and that he is at a club where the staff and fans care. Not about being the absolute best, but in putting on the hoops and being proud to do so. To be honest, Joey appears to finally be a happy football player. Long may it continue.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 12:01]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nice article on Joey acknowledging the fans on 12:22 - Jan 25 with 785 viewsBrightonhoop

Agreed. He's done alot of growing up. The pivotal moment I think was when he accepted he had to play for us in the Championship.Something he had said he would refuse to do. That and supporters embracing his work ethic and self respect. So far he has largely kept the short fuse in check and credit where it's due, long may it continue.
Nice article on Joey acknowledging the fans on 12:32 - Jan 25 with 761 viewsisawqpratwcity

jeez, Bosh, I have been one of Joey's strongest supporters, but part of that necessarily included disregarding his public comments, and I see no reason for changing that now.

His performance this season has even his most vehement critics grinding their teeth, and that is delightful, but I'm not buying into any Joey narrative.

Colour me cynical.

How he talks is how he plays.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Nice article on Joey acknowledging the fans on 13:31 - Jan 25 with 674 viewspaulparker

Nice article on Joey acknowledging the fans on 12:32 - Jan 25 by isawqpratwcity

jeez, Bosh, I have been one of Joey's strongest supporters, but part of that necessarily included disregarding his public comments, and I see no reason for changing that now.

His performance this season has even his most vehement critics grinding their teeth, and that is delightful, but I'm not buying into any Joey narrative.

Colour me cynical.

How he talks is how he plays.

he is only crawling up our a&ses as nobody wanted him
if he had gone to marseille or Everton then he still would have been sending silly tweets about us
the bloke is on about 60-80k a week so the least we deserve from him is a decent season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Nice article on Joey acknowledging the fans on 13:52 - Jan 25 with 627 viewsisawqpratwcity

Nice article on Joey acknowledging the fans on 13:31 - Jan 25 by paulparker

he is only crawling up our a&ses as nobody wanted him
if he had gone to marseille or Everton then he still would have been sending silly tweets about us
the bloke is on about 60-80k a week so the least we deserve from him is a decent season

And you're getting it.

He is still close to MOTY.

Hands over ears and eyes on pitch.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024