Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thai military coup 11:22 - Jun 29 with 1014 viewstimcocking

Interesting, but in no way surprising, to see the negative British press coverage of the coup in Thailand.

Thus far, in Phuket they've been awesome! They've waded straight in and demolished all the taxi/uk tuk mafia illegal stands who've been kicking sh!t out of everybody for years, arrested all the mafia bosses in one fell swoop, arrested the mayors of the local connurbations (obviously been working with the mafia for years), they've ripped up all the illegal beach encroachment businesses, now they're hunting the officials who sell off the national parks. Brilliant. All the expats here are well pleased.

Might turn sour, but at the moment it's a joy to behold.

Thai military coup on 12:36 - Jun 29 with 961 viewsThaiHoop

Couldn't agree more! So far they've done pretty much all good things and it does seem that , unlike the police, when the army say jump people here jump!

Only concerning thing is the ban on anything being said negatively about them, people should be allowed to state their opinion as long as it's not in the form of whipping up riots (like the bunch of morons that run both the "reds" and the "yellows"!)

But all in all the western governments condemning this have no idea of how Thailand works and should concentrate on sorting out their own messes before trying to police the rest of the world.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 12:39]
Thai military coup on 14:08 - Jun 29 with 884 viewstimcocking

'Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner'

Benjamin Franklin
Thai military coup on 02:01 - Jun 30 with 739 viewskysersosaqpr

My daughter is going on organised trip across Vietnam and Cambodia with last three days in Bangkok. It Seems safe enough?? She leaving in a week - tad worried as press coverage patchy. What's you first hand view ??

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Thai military coup on 11:26 - Jun 30 with 615 viewstimcocking

Thai military coup on 02:01 - Jun 30 by kysersosaqpr

My daughter is going on organised trip across Vietnam and Cambodia with last three days in Bangkok. It Seems safe enough?? She leaving in a week - tad worried as press coverage patchy. What's you first hand view ??

Completely safe. No protests, that's tv lies.
Thai military coup on 11:28 - Jun 30 with 611 viewsBluce_Ree

Pretty interesting. I'm terrified of Thailand though. I read a couple of books about guys doing time there and one of them was totally innocent (the other was a drug dealer though) and it sounded like hell. If they decide to railroad you, you'd better pay them a grand and get the f**k out before you're eating cockroaches for 12 years.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Thai military coup on 11:37 - Jun 30 with 600 viewsPommyhoop

Thai military coup on 11:28 - Jun 30 by Bluce_Ree

Pretty interesting. I'm terrified of Thailand though. I read a couple of books about guys doing time there and one of them was totally innocent (the other was a drug dealer though) and it sounded like hell. If they decide to railroad you, you'd better pay them a grand and get the f**k out before you're eating cockroaches for 12 years.

Didnt an Aussie photo jouno get killed in a coup in Thailand and the camera kept running filming his own death.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Thai military coup on 15:46 - Jun 30 with 488 viewsThaiHoop

Thai military coup on 11:26 - Jun 30 by timcocking

Completely safe. No protests, that's tv lies.

Yeah, no worries whatsoever, the place was more dangerous before the coup (and even then it was minimal danger)
Thai military coup on 00:02 - Jul 1 with 422 viewskysersosaqpr

Cheers Tim/Thai

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024