Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation 17:23 - Sep 8 with 1150 viewsichbinnaughty

Watched the brief football focus interview with Rio where he speaks about a crop of 'young and hungry' players coming through and it got me thinking what our line up could look like if you forwarded 5 years (based on what we all know right now of course).
Perhaps something like:
Alex McCarthy
Eric Dier
Callum Chambers
Gary Cahill
Like Shaw
Adam Llalana
Ross Barkley
Jordan Henderson
Raheem Sterling
Danny Welbeck
Daniel Sturridge

In a 4-3-1-2 with Sterling terrorising behind a front two.

An utterly pointless thread of course...but then I'm on a train and am killing time.
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 17:30 - Sep 8 with 1136 viewspaulparker

also add
Butland
Zaha
Caulker
Shelvey
Delph,
Wilson (man utd )
Kane
Westwood
Ward-Prowse
berrinho
ox
Gibbs
Roberts (Fulham)
there is also a lad at Newcastle, Orlando something who is very highly rated
don't forget there will be other players coming through we haven't heard of yet ,
we have the players but not the manager or tactics

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 17:41 - Sep 8 with 1106 viewsichbinnaughty

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 17:30 - Sep 8 by paulparker

also add
Butland
Zaha
Caulker
Shelvey
Delph,
Wilson (man utd )
Kane
Westwood
Ward-Prowse
berrinho
ox
Gibbs
Roberts (Fulham)
there is also a lad at Newcastle, Orlando something who is very highly rated
don't forget there will be other players coming through we haven't heard of yet ,
we have the players but not the manager or tactics

Oh yeah, you'll find more holes in this dumb post than in a colander. Cahill out, Caulker in immediately obviously.
And Henderson can do one immediately. I don't rate him at all. I was however nodding to the maddening English attitude to change - "oooo not too much change, not too radical please; euurgh".
Welbeck too. Probably not good enough.
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 17:46 - Sep 8 with 1102 viewsbob566

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 17:41 - Sep 8 by ichbinnaughty

Oh yeah, you'll find more holes in this dumb post than in a colander. Cahill out, Caulker in immediately obviously.
And Henderson can do one immediately. I don't rate him at all. I was however nodding to the maddening English attitude to change - "oooo not too much change, not too radical please; euurgh".
Welbeck too. Probably not good enough.

liverpools demise last season or tailoff if you want to call it that was when henderson got injured and lucas came into the side.
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:06 - Sep 8 with 1072 viewsElHoop

Ryan Ledson is one to watch out for.
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:12 - Sep 8 with 1060 viewsTW_R

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 17:46 - Sep 8 by bob566

liverpools demise last season or tailoff if you want to call it that was when henderson got injured and lucas came into the side.

Did having Lucas in the team have any detrimental impact though? I had it down to a mistake by Gerrard against Chelsea and the Liverpool defence throwing away a 3 goal lead in the last 11 minutes against Palace.
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:13 - Sep 8 with 1059 viewssimmo

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:06 - Sep 8 by ElHoop

Ryan Ledson is one to watch out for.

Agreed, he looks a real prospect and can play in that holding midfield position we are really lacking in... Patrick Roberts is another, every time I see him he impresses me.

There will be at least a couple of first team starters that are nowhere near prominence at the moment, happens every time. Look at Barkley, only Everton fans and the QPR fans that saw him play against us a few years back could see he was a player.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:26 - Sep 8 with 1033 viewsElHoop

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:13 - Sep 8 by simmo

Agreed, he looks a real prospect and can play in that holding midfield position we are really lacking in... Patrick Roberts is another, every time I see him he impresses me.

There will be at least a couple of first team starters that are nowhere near prominence at the moment, happens every time. Look at Barkley, only Everton fans and the QPR fans that saw him play against us a few years back could see he was a player.

Yeah captain of the England under 17's who won the European Championships. Was willing to take the first penalty in the penalty shoot out and then scored it.
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:31 - Sep 8 with 1025 viewsMarc

Walcott? Wilshere?
Login to get fewer ads

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 20:12 - Sep 8 with 923 viewsQPR_ARG

2018?

Would that be for a number of friendly matches?

Or you actually think England will qualify for the World Cup?
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 20:24 - Sep 8 with 903 viewsdaveB

England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 18:12 - Sep 8 by TW_R

Did having Lucas in the team have any detrimental impact though? I had it down to a mistake by Gerrard against Chelsea and the Liverpool defence throwing away a 3 goal lead in the last 11 minutes against Palace.

I'm not a big Henderson fan but he has been excellent for Liverpool the last few months and they really miised him when he got suspended
England Line Up 2018 - idle speculation on 23:45 - Sep 8 with 786 viewsEalingHoop81

Stones?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024