Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
too many cooks 09:19 - Jan 11 with 1124 viewsozexile

After watching Boyd yesterday run all over the place and express himself it made me wonder if our players are receiving too much info from too many people. redknapp saying one thing, bond another, then jordan, Hoddle, les. They just seem weighed down with instructions and too rigid. Our players are constantly playing within themselves. Just a thought.
too many cooks on 09:31 - Jan 11 with 1089 viewschid

It's a good point. Football is quite simple actually build team strong from back ( great foundTions) we have nt got
too many cooks on 10:06 - Jan 11 with 1023 viewsCHUBBS

It is a good point but not the real reason we are so poor,that is down to the infrastructure and leadership at the top.
The only way we know is to throw money at it which just doesn't work.
If you look at Southampton and Swansea,they actually make a profit selling on players they develop whilst we have to pay OUR players off to leave.
The clubs a mess and it all might need ripping up and starting again,won't happen with TF in charge.
too many cooks on 10:09 - Jan 11 with 1017 viewsdaveB

I don't think Les has much of an influence on the the first team and you'd hope the coaching staff were all giving the same message. Burnley do keep it simple though and it works well for them, hard work can take you a long way in football and they've done brilliantly.
too many cooks on 11:57 - Jan 11 with 906 viewsJuzzie

Its a good point, too many cooks. This last year at work ive felt the same. 3or4 people above me all wanting the same outcome but each saying slightly different things/just merely each wanting things things to be done a diffrerent way meaning i sit at my desk sometimes a bit bemused as to what im meant to be doing. This is someone who has buckets of experience (28 years now) and in fact could do the job without the need for input from any of them.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 11:58]
too many cooks on 13:51 - Jan 11 with 819 viewssmegma

You want to try watching the reserves then. As i mentioned back in April we had 19 backroom staff on the sidelines with 6 substitutes at Brentfords training ground. Harry couldnt answer as to what each person did but one bloke was in charge of 'video technology' but Harry didnt even know his name.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024