Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive post from me. 03:55 - Feb 3 with 1122 viewsQPR_ARG

I know. Even I can't believe it.

But the end of this transfer window has left me thinking about the positives that might come from now and until the end of the season.

The fixture list is tough, our league position is bad. But...

1. We don't have any new prima donnas joining and needing time to adapt to our club.

2. Harry can't play no more mind games. Can't be trying to force Tony's arm into buying new players anytime soon (he'll be gone -I HOPE- before he's legally allowed to buy players for QPR again).

And I may be very naive here, but it's about freaking time for the manager to do his job and actually pick the best players available. To do his job and get them fit (isn't that supposed to be HIS and his staff's responsibility?). That is...if they are not fit in the first place.

3. We can't possibly play any worse than how we're currently playing.

4. Some teams around us are not exactly world-beaters.

5. We still have to play a lot of the teams around us in the table. Although on a negative side...WE PLAY THEM ALL AWAY FROM HOME!
Sunderland
Hull
Palace
WBA
Villa
Leicester
All away from Loftus Road.

Anyway...cut the non-sense negative approaches, play the right players, get them motivated (SOMEBODY KEEP OUR PLAYERS AWAY FROM HARRY AS HE DOES THE OPPOSITE) and we might just be fine.

Positive post from me. on 05:01 - Feb 3 with 1062 viewsitsbiga

Problem is that Harry always throws his toys out the pram when he doesn't get his own way.
I figure now he'll just sabotage the entire rest of the season to prove the point that he needed money to buy players (in his mind).
He gets paid until the end of his contract then retires. Jobs a good un and it's TF's fault for not letting him spend when we go down.
I see us being bottom from now on. No away wins.
Harry doesn't care.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Positive post from me. on 06:19 - Feb 3 with 995 viewsLoft1979

Positive post from me. on 05:01 - Feb 3 by itsbiga

Problem is that Harry always throws his toys out the pram when he doesn't get his own way.
I figure now he'll just sabotage the entire rest of the season to prove the point that he needed money to buy players (in his mind).
He gets paid until the end of his contract then retires. Jobs a good un and it's TF's fault for not letting him spend when we go down.
Harry doesn't care.

No new players, plus the one we did get HR won't play....

Sounds like no more Harry.
Positive post from me. on 07:09 - Feb 3 with 908 viewssmegma

Picking a settled side would be a good starting point. He changes his mind on team selection more than a woman choosing from a selection of twenty pairs of identical black tights.
Positive post from me. on 07:44 - Feb 3 with 823 viewsWesty75

Harry doesn't care.

He might be f*cked off at not being able to sign anyone but I'm sure he'd like to end his management career on the relative high of keeping us up. So I think although he looks/talks like he couldn't give a f*ck there is still motivation there. He just needs to realise that this may be his last chance to cement his "legacy/reputation" (whatever we may think he is still regarded as one of the better English managers).

A win on Saturday and things will look a bit more encouraging.
Positive post from me. on 07:46 - Feb 3 with 806 viewsdaveB

We're more than capable of staying up and am quite pleased we didn't sign anyone but the farce of zarate/jarvis leaves a bad taste and kind of sums up what a circus we've been become
Positive post from me. on 07:52 - Feb 3 with 780 viewsSimonJames

Positive post from me. on 07:44 - Feb 3 by Westy75

He might be f*cked off at not being able to sign anyone but I'm sure he'd like to end his management career on the relative high of keeping us up. So I think although he looks/talks like he couldn't give a f*ck there is still motivation there. He just needs to realise that this may be his last chance to cement his "legacy/reputation" (whatever we may think he is still regarded as one of the better English managers).

A win on Saturday and things will look a bit more encouraging.

No I don't think he is. (With apologies to my dear old mum) I think a bit of senile dementia is setting in with Harry and he genuinely believes that everything is someone else's fault. I think he will simply collect his paycheck until the end of the season and do feck all.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Positive post from me. on 07:52 - Feb 3 with 779 viewsjohncharles

Harry doesn't care.

It's hard to believe a grown man could do that. Watch us get relegated to prove his point.
Hard to believe but it's Harry. It's his style.

Strong and stable my arse.

Positive post from me. on 07:53 - Feb 3 with 776 viewsCiderwithRsie

Harry doesn't care.

I'm no Redknapp fan but I doubt he's unprofessional enough to deliberately sabotage what would almost certainly be his last season as a manager.

You have to search the old memory banks a bit, but HR has achieved the odd thing as a manager. And we have sort of been here before last season when we dropped like a stone from top of the table, out of the automatic places and even out of the play-off places, before clawing our way back in to the play-offs and winning at Wembley. As someone else has pointed out, we only need to outperform our nearest rivals by a point or two to stay up - it's perfectly possible. In fact there's no excuse for Redknapp if we go down - not that it'll stop him.
Login to get fewer ads

Positive post from me. on 14:12 - Feb 3 with 640 viewsLoft1979

Positive post from me. on 07:53 - Feb 3 by CiderwithRsie

I'm no Redknapp fan but I doubt he's unprofessional enough to deliberately sabotage what would almost certainly be his last season as a manager.

You have to search the old memory banks a bit, but HR has achieved the odd thing as a manager. And we have sort of been here before last season when we dropped like a stone from top of the table, out of the automatic places and even out of the play-off places, before clawing our way back in to the play-offs and winning at Wembley. As someone else has pointed out, we only need to outperform our nearest rivals by a point or two to stay up - it's perfectly possible. In fact there's no excuse for Redknapp if we go down - not that it'll stop him.

So presenting a contradiction of sorts:
- If you DID hire a manger now, that person at least has an oppurtunity to keep us up and then potentially improve in the Summer. The owners say they are happy with the squad, and did not placate the manager. If indeeed Sherwood is lurking, wouldn't he want the job now, when he can be perceived as a miracle worker?
Positive post from me. on 14:27 - Feb 3 with 618 viewsQPR_ARG

I wrote this on the basis of Harry staying (he has incredibly kept his job for so long...).

If he goes?

I'll be more positive than I ever was.

I'd still go for Alejandro Sabella, though QPR have made it very difficult to make the situation tempting for someone like Sabella to arrive now (so late into the season and without a window to work on potential new hirings of his liking).
Positive post from me. on 14:39 - Feb 3 with 603 viewsQPR_ARG

I felt positive last night!

Now I'm naked!

So long, Harry! You won't be missed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024