Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 19:37 - Feb 3 with 2746 viewsRuislipHoop

I wonder if the thought of 18,000 people all giving him plenty on Saturday had anything to do with his dodgy knee needing immediate surgery.
Southampton on 19:40 - Feb 3 with 2714 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I doubt it would have been 18,000.
Most of us who go are usually trying to support the team rather than turn it into Blackburns Keane era.
Southampton on 19:44 - Feb 3 with 2680 viewsRuislipHoop

Southampton on 19:40 - Feb 3 by CroydonCaptJack

I doubt it would have been 18,000.
Most of us who go are usually trying to support the team rather than turn it into Blackburns Keane era.

I think you know what I was getting at !!!
Southampton on 19:47 - Feb 3 with 2668 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Southampton on 19:44 - Feb 3 by RuislipHoop

I think you know what I was getting at !!!

Not sure I do mate.
There seems to be a lot of unnecessary vitriol being served up on here tonight.
HR didn't work out for us and has been shown to be past his sell by date. However, I am sure he didn't set out to lose every away game this season.
Southampton on 19:58 - Feb 3 with 2613 views08olesen

Southampton on 19:47 - Feb 3 by CroydonCaptJack

Not sure I do mate.
HR didn't work out for us and has been shown to be past his sell by date. However, I am sure he didn't set out to lose every away game this season.

Spot on. The bloke did well after Hughes, got rid of all those mercenaries and brought us back up instead of languishing in the championship like wigan are now. He brought good young players this year, and clearly doesnt have any bad feelings for the club unlike Hughes.

He did a job. Its now time for someone else to take on the challenge, but i think its very easy to say Les and Sherwood will sort it all out... when actually they have very little experience at the top level and we should be prepared for a turbulent ride. We will not become southampton or swansea over night just because Les and Tim are coming in.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Southampton on 20:25 - Feb 3 with 2536 viewsstowmarketrange

Southampton on 19:47 - Feb 3 by CroydonCaptJack

Not sure I do mate.

It was the team that he set up to lose every away game though.
Southampton on 20:30 - Feb 3 with 2510 viewsjohncharles

Spot on Ruislip. He snuck out in the night.

Strong and stable my arse.

Southampton on 20:33 - Feb 3 with 2495 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Southampton on 20:25 - Feb 3 by stowmarketrange

It was the team that he set up to lose every away game though.

Ok, he didn't intend for us to lose then. I think you know the point I was making.
Southampton on 20:51 - Feb 3 with 2418 viewsdaveB

Redknapp did some good which shouldn't be ignored. One of only two managers to win at Wembley with us and one of very few to have won at Chelsea. He's also left a squad far better than the one he took over imo with younger players who can improve and be the nucleus of an exciting team. The likes of Austin, Fer, Yun, Phillips, Vargas, Isla, Caulker and Mccarthy all good players, at decent ages with sell on potential. The new man will also takeover a squad with a real fighting spirit and desire to do well for the club, again not something he inherited,

Of course with the money spent he should have left an even stronger squad and there are still a lot of problems he didn't fix and some new ones he created plus i could go on about the style of play, lack of organisation, no interest in youth etc but we're in a better state than I expected him to leave us in.

Trick is now what happens next and thats always been my worry about sacking him. Will the club understand where they are going wrong and change it or will it be someone new doing the same things and making the same mistakes?

My hope is Ferdinand at least understands who we are as a club and will look around and get this appointment right, it all feels similar to when Francis went in 2001, the money had run out we were going down and needed someone with real enthusiasm to come in and get everyone onside, Holloway did that brilliantly and anyone who says they thought he would when he was announced is lying I'm afraid, he was far from a popular appointment but did a brilliant job. If it's Sherwood I hope he does the same but I'd certainly be interviewing candidates and putting feelers out to see which managers in work would fancy it before appointing someone.

You also have to wonder what happens if we win under Ferdinand on Saturday and he gets the taste for it much like Warburton did at Brentford. Will be an interesting few weeks anyay
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024