Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview 07:33 - Mar 13 with 987 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/38121/pardiola-and-
Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 10:35 - Mar 13 with 929 viewssimmo

Spits at the name of Pulis but in full support of 'Pards' Pardew, who is a fckin awful human.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 10:50 - Mar 13 with 901 viewsJeff

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 10:35 - Mar 13 by simmo

Spits at the name of Pulis but in full support of 'Pards' Pardew, who is a fckin awful human.

"Honestly think most Palace fans are over Pulis.."

*mentions him half a dozen times in interview*

Course you are sweetheart

Can we not knock it?

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 879 viewsSpiritofGregory

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 10:35 - Mar 13 by simmo

The main difference with us and Palace is that their chairman acted early and parted company even though Pulis pulled off a miracle in keeping that ramshackle club in the Premier League. They agreed to disagree on certain issues and Pulis left the club, our chairman wasn't able to do that with Harry. The Palace chairman didn't feel that he owed Pulis anything, Fernandes felt in awe of Harry even though Harry took us down and scraped promotion with the biggest budget in the Championship.

Warnock only lasted 5 minutes, getting Pardew was shrewd business, the chairman saw an opening and exploited it. I once read an article on the Swansea chairman and he said that he is always keeping track on managers here and abroad because you never know when you'll need a new one.
Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 11:34 - Mar 13 with 857 viewsaston_hoop

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 11:10 - Mar 13 by SpiritofGregory

The main difference with us and Palace is that their chairman acted early and parted company even though Pulis pulled off a miracle in keeping that ramshackle club in the Premier League. They agreed to disagree on certain issues and Pulis left the club, our chairman wasn't able to do that with Harry. The Palace chairman didn't feel that he owed Pulis anything, Fernandes felt in awe of Harry even though Harry took us down and scraped promotion with the biggest budget in the Championship.

Warnock only lasted 5 minutes, getting Pardew was shrewd business, the chairman saw an opening and exploited it. I once read an article on the Swansea chairman and he said that he is always keeping track on managers here and abroad because you never know when you'll need a new one.

I must have missed the bit where Palace's chairman acted early because I remember Pulis leaving 48 hours before the first game of the season having led them all of preseason and then them making a poor appointment. That could and should have made relegation candidates out of a perfectly competent Premiership team. They got lucky that there just happens to be a lot of other bloody awful teams. If you're going to say that the chairman saw an opening and exploited it with Pardew, then you could argue that maybe we are doing exactly the same in waiting for Clement/Warburton/whoever else to become available at the end of the season. Yes I'd like us to be better run and I'd have loved to see Harry go earlier but I'm not sure Palace and their chairman are the example I'd be looking up to!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 13:04 - Mar 13 with 817 viewsWesty75

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 11:34 - Mar 13 by aston_hoop

I must have missed the bit where Palace's chairman acted early because I remember Pulis leaving 48 hours before the first game of the season having led them all of preseason and then them making a poor appointment. That could and should have made relegation candidates out of a perfectly competent Premiership team. They got lucky that there just happens to be a lot of other bloody awful teams. If you're going to say that the chairman saw an opening and exploited it with Pardew, then you could argue that maybe we are doing exactly the same in waiting for Clement/Warburton/whoever else to become available at the end of the season. Yes I'd like us to be better run and I'd have loved to see Harry go earlier but I'm not sure Palace and their chairman are the example I'd be looking up to!

Spot on
Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 14:30 - Mar 13 with 772 viewsSpiritofGregory

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 11:34 - Mar 13 by aston_hoop

What I mean is that the Palace chairman did not give into Pulis' demands. The chairman was sticking to a very tight budget which resulted in losing Pulis even though Pulis kept them up under very difficult circumstances. Pulis didn't just walk out for no reason. Fernandes on the other hand wasn't able to do the same with Harry. Harry went on to waste money eg Ferdinand, Mutch etc and then Harry left us in big trouble after the January transfer window had shut.

The Palace chairman acted when Warnock wasn't delivering, everyone knew they were going down with Warnock in charge. Even though Newcastle are a much bigger club than Palace, the Palace chairman noticed how uncomfortable things had become for Pardew at Newcastle and offered him a way out at the beginning of the January transfer window.

As for waiting for Clement/Warbuton to become available, that's all talk. Do you really believe that Clement or Warbuton will look at us if we get relegated and face a fine/transfer embargo. Other clubs in better positions no doubt will be interested in them.

Don't be a snob about the way Palace is run. They do not have a huge debt, they have a decent academy and are in takeover talks with a billionaire. They will have a new stadium.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2015 14:38]
Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 15:00 - Mar 13 with 745 viewsMatch82

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 11:10 - Mar 13 by SpiritofGregory

Give it a rest will you? We all know your opinions, we wont forget them (or you) if you manage to let one thread go past without saying exactly the same thing you've said on all the others.
Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 15:35 - Mar 13 with 716 viewsaston_hoop

Pardiola and the Pulis legacy - interview on 14:30 - Mar 13 by SpiritofGregory

What I mean is that the Palace chairman did not give into Pulis' demands. The chairman was sticking to a very tight budget which resulted in losing Pulis even though Pulis kept them up under very difficult circumstances. Pulis didn't just walk out for no reason. Fernandes on the other hand wasn't able to do the same with Harry. Harry went on to waste money eg Ferdinand, Mutch etc and then Harry left us in big trouble after the January transfer window had shut.

The Palace chairman acted when Warnock wasn't delivering, everyone knew they were going down with Warnock in charge. Even though Newcastle are a much bigger club than Palace, the Palace chairman noticed how uncomfortable things had become for Pardew at Newcastle and offered him a way out at the beginning of the January transfer window.

As for waiting for Clement/Warbuton to become available, that's all talk. Do you really believe that Clement or Warbuton will look at us if we get relegated and face a fine/transfer embargo. Other clubs in better positions no doubt will be interested in them.

Don't be a snob about the way Palace is run. They do not have a huge debt, they have a decent academy and are in takeover talks with a billionaire. They will have a new stadium.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2015 14:38]

But we did stick to a budget, sacking Redknapp at that point wouldn't have been free and I'm not quite convinced that telling him he couldn't have Ferdinand would have been the deal breaker that made him agree to leave like Pulis did. He would have spent the first half of the season using it as an excuse but I doubt he'd have quit. And to say he wasted money on Mutch just isn't true,the majority of us agreed he would be a good signing. Then a large chunk were up in arms when he left. We made the money back more or less too.

You say everyone knew that Palace were going down with Warnock in charge...I guess everyone apart from the guy interviewed in the link at the top of this thread!! He does say they'd probably have stayed up under Warnock. 3 worse teams and all that.

And yes I really do believe that Warburton and Clement would be interested in taking over. Regardless of fines/relegations/cost cutting, we'd still a well supported Championship club with a solid squad who has flirted with the league above and that someone competent could do a good job with. These guys aint Mourinho or Guardiola, they're not going to be picking and choosing clubs. Thats just my opinion though, if they weren't interested for that reason then they sure as hell aint the right men for the job anyway. Not that I'm overly fussed, I'm happy to support Chris Ramsey.

Well good luck to Palace if they're being run well. If they're being taken over by a billionaire then it'll make absolutely no difference anyway if he wants to run things his way. Could be a complete nutter, could be a new Vincent Tan, could be a new Tony Fernandes. Who knows.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024