Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton Post Match 16:01 - Apr 12 with 1900 viewsFredManRave

Worthy of it's own thread as I think it's a good brief, almost Twitteresque summary of the game and our situation.

QPR midfielder Joey Barton said: "We're devastated. We definitely deserved at least a point. We are massive underdogs and you have to be switched on for 90 minutes. Greeny (goalkeeper Robert Green) is gutted but he has probably saved us 10 or 12 points this season. If we play like that for the rest of the games we should be safe. We're gutted. The lads have put in everything in there. You could see what it meant to Chelsea to win that game.

"Nobody expected us to get anything. We kept the belief in the camp. After four points on the road people started believing in us. Leicester were dead and buried if you listen to the media but now it looks as it will be two teams from five. We are game for the fight and we will have to scrape until May, but we knew that in August."

Me: It was so important to maintain the performance level and to basically not get beat easily and to show pride and passion. We did that and while the manner and timing of the defeat is hard to take it's not game over...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Barton Post Match on 16:08 - Apr 12 with 1833 viewsWesty75

The man played like a bloody Trojan, they all did. Massively proud of the team and our fans today, including the support for Rob Green at the end. We need us all driving together for the run in.
Barton Post Match on 16:13 - Apr 12 with 1773 viewsNov77

Fair play to barton, I felt sure he would get booked today and pick up a two game ban.
Ref did well too I thought, could have booked him a couple of times in the first half but just had a word.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Barton Post Match on 16:16 - Apr 12 with 1744 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can't have another go at Green, Barton blasted him after that 3rd Villa goal.
Barton Post Match on 16:28 - Apr 12 with 1663 viewsDylanP

Joey did very well today in the middle. He worked, fought and scrapped for every ball. His distribution could have been better, but you could say that for most of them. The work rate was impressive throughout the team. Gutted at the result. Just gutted.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Barton Post Match on 16:31 - Apr 12 with 1621 viewsHollowayRanger

motm for me easily

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Barton Post Match on 16:35 - Apr 12 with 1589 viewsGetMeRangers

Barton Post Match on 16:13 - Apr 12 by Nov77

Fair play to barton, I felt sure he would get booked today and pick up a two game ban.
Ref did well too I thought, could have booked him a couple of times in the first half but just had a word.

Refs performance was very measured and kept a game that could have got out of control subdued. Football flowed and very entertaining. Just bugger unlucky that their one strike at goal counted
Barton Post Match on 16:36 - Apr 12 with 1574 viewsQPRMUSO

Easily man of the match, he seemed to be everywhere, what an athlete and at his age, must also mention Hill, he had a great game as well.
Barton Post Match on 19:19 - Apr 12 with 1295 viewsdaveB

He was superb but my word how often does he give the ball away, so frustrating
Login to get fewer ads

Barton Post Match on 20:47 - Apr 12 with 1068 viewswombat

Barton Post Match on 19:19 - Apr 12 by daveB

He was superb but my word how often does he give the ball away, so frustrating

Thought he had a superb game again and yes dos give the ball away a fair bit but might have something to do with the amount of time he's got the ball

This will pi$$ a few off but he would be the first player I'd sign at the end of the season what
Ever division we are in.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Barton Post Match on 21:06 - Apr 12 with 1023 viewscarlh5266

Barton Post Match on 16:16 - Apr 12 by SpiritofGregory

Can't have another go at Green, Barton blasted him after that 3rd Villa goal.

Your wrong, Green blasted Joey for being the weak link in the wall, have another look at it the tough guy didn't put his head where it hurts. Was probably thinking about some poetry of philosophy or his next lecture.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024