Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defense -- 21 games 00:16 - Jan 27 with 1532 viewsDylanP

It is 21 games since we lost by more than one goal. And in those 21 games, the opposition only scored more than 2 goals on one occasion (a game we ended up winning).

To be honest, that is such a random fact that I am not sure what to make of it. I suppose that means we are not getting blown away, which must be a good thing. I suppose it means we are not giving up on games and crumbling to dust. Maybe it doesn't mean much of anything. But an away clean sheet is an achievement in itself, right?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Defense -- 21 games on 11:35 - Jan 27 with 1366 viewspeejaybee

Right.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Defense -- 21 games on 11:51 - Jan 27 with 1318 viewstoboboly

It's defence. We're not American.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Defense -- 21 games on 11:57 - Jan 27 with 1292 viewseghamranger

Didn't score any touchdowns last night either 😞
Defense -- 21 games on 12:03 - Jan 27 with 1271 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defense -- 21 games on 11:51 - Jan 27 by toboboly

He didn't mean any off-ense.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Defense -- 21 games on 12:09 - Jan 27 with 1252 viewsisawqpratwcity

Defense -- 21 games on 11:51 - Jan 27 by toboboly

In that case, what about an avatar of Her Madge instead of The King?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Defense -- 21 games on 12:25 - Jan 27 with 1210 viewsHunterhoop

The other interesting stat on the defence is that, statistically we perform overwhelmingly better with Onouha at centre half than not.

When we had Hall and Angela at centre half we conceded 3 against Bolton and 4 against Fulham very close together.

Hall and Onouha then went on a run of conceding 5 in 10 games together.

When Perch was suspended, he went RB and Angela came back in. We conceded 5 in 3 games.

I'm not actually sure exactly when Onouha most recently came back into centre half again, but he's been there the last three games and we've kept 2 clean sheets, conceding just 1 (a double deflection).

Hall is having a great season and has been the most consistent defender, IMO view (and most, I'd assume).

But the stats bear out it is Ned's presence (and Angela's absence) that really makes the difference in terms of how few goals we concede.
Defense -- 21 games on 12:26 - Jan 27 with 1207 viewsbillericaydicky

Defense -- 21 games on 12:09 - Jan 27 by isawqpratwcity

In that case, what about an avatar of Her Madge instead of The King?

Very good - as was the original mention of us not being Americans.
Defense -- 21 games on 12:29 - Jan 27 with 1192 viewswhittocksRs

Defense -- 21 games on 12:25 - Jan 27 by Hunterhoop

The other interesting stat on the defence is that, statistically we perform overwhelmingly better with Onouha at centre half than not.

When we had Hall and Angela at centre half we conceded 3 against Bolton and 4 against Fulham very close together.

When Perch was suspended, he went RB and Angela came back in. We conceded 5 in 3 games.

I'm not actually sure exactly when Onouha most recently came back into centre half again, but he's been there the last three games and we've kept 2 clean sheets, conceding just 1 (a double deflection).

Hall is having a great season and has been the most consistent defender, IMO view (and most, I'd assume).

But the stats bear out it is Ned's presence (and Angela's absence) that really makes the difference in terms of how few goals we concede.

This possibly shows why three managers have kept him as captain — while he doesn't often seem like he's leading from the front, he's obviously very knowledgeable and a calming influence for the younger players.
Login to get fewer ads

Defense -- 21 games on 15:21 - Jan 27 with 1020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defense -- 21 games on 12:25 - Jan 27 by Hunterhoop

"But the stats bear out it is Ned's presence (and Angela's absence) that really makes the difference in terms of how few goals we concede. "

Agree 90%. The caveat is that it may be Ned's presence at RB rather than his absence from CB that contributed to some of those goals. In which case, Angells is off the hook to a degree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024