Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable 20:40 - May 9 with 2523 viewsRoller

On 22nd September 2011 Clint Hill’s unexpected venture into the Premier League came to a juddering halt. Although very brief, it had been an immensely chastening experience. A few weeks earlier his top flight debut had been a disaster; Hill had been sent off for a head butt borne out of frustration towards the end of a 4 — 0 home drubbing at the hands of Bolton Wanderers. While he served his suspension a consortium fronted by Malaysian entrepreneur Tony Fernandes bought QPR and, with the new transfer funds made available to him, manager Neil Warnock signed Armand Traoré from Arsenal to replace Hill. Excluded from first team football, and written off as a top flight player after barely 90 minutes, Hill accepted an offer to go on loan to Nottingham Forest in the Championship and reluctantly conceded that the Premier League was going to be an unfulfilled ambition.

Read on ....

https://rollercoasterranger.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/clint-hill-irreplaceable/

Many thanks to QPRDave for that excellent picture of Clint leaving the field for the last time.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 20:43]
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 20:48 - May 9 with 2489 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'd forgotten about that...
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 20:54 - May 9 with 2457 viewsessextaxiboy

That picture has choked me up ........

What a pro .
[Post edited 9 May 2016 20:55]
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 20:54 - May 9 with 2452 viewsTGRRRSSS

Incidentally didn't Hill (along with Onesize) play in that Oldham Semi Final - for Oldham?
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 21:16 - May 9 with 2382 viewsconnell10

i knew he was going because on the lap of honor he was in tears, i waved at him and shouted thanks.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 21:20 - May 9 with 2361 viewsQPRDave

Very rare breed is Clint. God I remember reading the uproar on all the boards when Warnock signed him & Derry, deemed not good enough.
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 21:22 - May 9 with 2346 viewsQPRDave

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 20:54 - May 9 by TGRRRSSS

Incidentally didn't Hill (along with Onesize) play in that Oldham Semi Final - for Oldham?

spot on, think he played at Wembley for Tranmere too
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 21:37 - May 9 with 2301 viewsdaveB

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 21:22 - May 9 by QPRDave

spot on, think he played at Wembley for Tranmere too

he was sent off at Wembley for Tranmere in the final so never got to walk up the steps and get a medal which he put right with us
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 22:07 - May 9 with 2244 viewsQPRDave

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 21:37 - May 9 by daveB

he was sent off at Wembley for Tranmere in the final so never got to walk up the steps and get a medal which he put right with us

I remember him saying our PO win was very special to him
Login to get fewer ads

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 22:25 - May 9 with 2188 viewsBoston

Excellent article, it is rare for me to be moved by a football journalism.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 23:18 - May 9 with 2094 viewsconnell10

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 22:25 - May 9 by Boston

Excellent article, it is rare for me to be moved by a football journalism.

Oh no once he reads this he will insufferable next season........................only joking si brilliant bit of writing ...... i hope you are still putting together the article i suggested for AKTR,S

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 09:39 - May 10 with 1926 viewsSomersetHoops

Clint Hill has been a superb player for QPR and I hoped that somewhere could be found for him within the club. If he just worked on players' attitude it would be worth it and we need more like he has been. His approach has been so different to some of the supposedly more exotic types and when staying later than usual at the ground I have seen him training alone on the pitch after a game. I appreciate the OP's article and Clint deserves at least that record of his time at QPR and even in difficult times has been a player QPR can rightly be proud of.

Who's Next?

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 09:59 - May 10 with 1894 viewsterryb

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 23:18 - May 9 by connell10

Oh no once he reads this he will insufferable next season........................only joking si brilliant bit of writing ...... i hope you are still putting together the article i suggested for AKTR,S

Wait for him to publish his tribute to Ale!

Clint's article brought tears to my eye, I doubt that I will be able to get through Ale's!
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 10:18 - May 10 with 1853 viewsTheBlob

Clint is the embodiment of the saying "when they made him they threw away the mould".A further bit of the soul gets chipped away from an increasingly soul-less and hard nosed juggernaut.
[Post edited 10 May 2016 10:26]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 10:20 - May 10 with 1851 viewswestberksr

Clint has been excellent for us; have to admit i'd never really paid any attention to him or Derry before they joined.

Describing Clint's attributes is like making a list of all the things wrong with most modern defenders and players in general. He is all heart, effort and team ethic. Does the simple stuff (which is usually the right stuff) exceptionally well, knows his limitations and by playing with that knowledge rarely let himself or us down.

whether it be a last ditch tackle, blocking a shot by throwing himself in the way or just his organisational skills and leadership he just summed up all of the things a CB should do.

Bollox to John Stone and the 'new' breed of defenders.............

we just like watching Clint Hill!
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 15:36 - May 10 with 1670 viewsQPRDave

Just found this on twitter, posted by QPRFC, from instagram

Clint Hill has asked us to post this on his behalf: "What an incredible 6 yrs it's been full of highs and lows. I'm gutted to be leaving but I'd like to thank everyone at QPR for making my time there so enjoyable and rewarding. A big thank you to you the fans for all your support all these years,it's been an honour and a privilege to wear your shirt and represent your club. I wish you and the club every success In the future. Thank you again." #QPR #COYRS
Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 19:59 - May 10 with 1560 viewsRoller

Clint Hill -Irreplaceable on 09:59 - May 10 by terryb

Wait for him to publish his tribute to Ale!

Clint's article brought tears to my eye, I doubt that I will be able to get through Ale's!

The English wasn't that bad, was it Tel?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024