Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B A S T A RD S 17:00 - Nov 26 with 1605 viewsichbinnaughty

Getting my hopes up, and then dashing them.

It's the qpr way
B A S T A RD S on 17:11 - Nov 26 with 1552 viewsJAPRANGERS

yep, the QPR way. Lift ya up and then drop ya without ceremony. Disgraceful result.
B A S T A RD S on 17:19 - Nov 26 with 1497 viewsbosh67

B A S T A RD S on 17:11 - Nov 26 by JAPRANGERS

yep, the QPR way. Lift ya up and then drop ya without ceremony. Disgraceful result.

Slightly unfortunate by some accounts. Smithies had a poor game, he can't be superman every game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

B A S T A RD S on 17:22 - Nov 26 with 1477 viewsBrightonhoop

Explain this 'getting yer hopes up' concept please?
B A S T A RD S on 17:33 - Nov 26 with 1413 viewsted_hendrix

B A S T A RD S on 17:19 - Nov 26 by bosh67

Slightly unfortunate by some accounts. Smithies had a poor game, he can't be superman every game.

How were we slightly unfortunate? we've just been turned over 3-0 and by all accounts were getting a bit of a battering towards the end.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

B A S T A RD S on 17:44 - Nov 26 with 1340 viewscaliforniahoop

The title says it all 😂😂😂😂😂
B A S T A RD S on 17:46 - Nov 26 with 1328 viewsbosh67

B A S T A RD S on 17:33 - Nov 26 by ted_hendrix

How were we slightly unfortunate? we've just been turned over 3-0 and by all accounts were getting a bit of a battering towards the end.

Towards the end, yes, at 3 nil down, but not outplayed until the later stages when the game was lost. I just can't get too worked up about it Ted. We're not going up and we are probably not going down. I suspect that we will spank and get spanked on a fairly regular basis. I suspect we will tonk Wolves and then goof up against Rotherham. It is our way!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

B A S T A RD S on 17:56 - Nov 26 with 1277 viewsichbinnaughty

B A S T A RD S on 17:22 - Nov 26 by Brightonhoop

Explain this 'getting yer hopes up' concept please?

2010/2011 Champions.
2011/2012 stayed up.
2013/2014 Play Off Winners.
B A S T A RD S on 17:57 - Nov 26 with 1264 viewsichbinnaughty

B A S T A RD S on 17:56 - Nov 26 by ichbinnaughty

2010/2011 Champions.
2011/2012 stayed up.
2013/2014 Play Off Winners.

There is some tremendous boundless joy amongst those statements by the way. As good as football joy gets.
Login to get fewer ads

B A S T A RD S on 17:58 - Nov 26 with 1254 viewsBrightonhoop

B A S T A RD S on 17:33 - Nov 26 by ted_hendrix

Could have been 4 or 5 from some of the just backs. Unfortunate that we didn't turn up. Again. Unfortunate we bought SWP, Boswinga, Caulker, Fer, Barton, Green, the b4stard Brazilian keeper, Sandro, and will still be paying for them in 2023. Unfortunate is what we do, spectacularly well.
B A S T A RD S on 18:46 - Nov 26 with 1091 viewsted_hendrix

B A S T A RD S on 17:46 - Nov 26 by bosh67

Towards the end, yes, at 3 nil down, but not outplayed until the later stages when the game was lost. I just can't get too worked up about it Ted. We're not going up and we are probably not going down. I suspect that we will spank and get spanked on a fairly regular basis. I suspect we will tonk Wolves and then goof up against Rotherham. It is our way!

Don't mind your optimism Bosh nothing wrong with that I don't see it the same way though.

We've brought in a fair few players whom I thought would have performed better maybe that will happen soon I don't know.

I absolutely cant see us tonking Wolves though.

The way things stand I see us a bottom half of the table team, nothing more nothing less, If we only had a little shit up front scoring one in two or one in three then of course things would be different.

Ian Holloway has got his work cut out, today's result wont kill anybody things have to be put into perspective.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

B A S T A RD S on 19:51 - Nov 26 with 954 viewsbosh67

B A S T A RD S on 18:46 - Nov 26 by ted_hendrix

Don't mind your optimism Bosh nothing wrong with that I don't see it the same way though.

We've brought in a fair few players whom I thought would have performed better maybe that will happen soon I don't know.

I absolutely cant see us tonking Wolves though.

The way things stand I see us a bottom half of the table team, nothing more nothing less, If we only had a little shit up front scoring one in two or one in three then of course things would be different.

Ian Holloway has got his work cut out, today's result wont kill anybody things have to be put into perspective.

I think we have to be realistic. We have an honest bunch of players that are Championship level, whereas before we had a group of lads that were under performing Premiership players. That's the difference these days. Our squad is harder working but less talented. Chery is perhaps our one very fleet of foot player but he has limited ability around him.

But, if you look at Polter, he was messed around by Ramsey, given a chance under JFH but marooned and now he has at least got Washington around him, but neither has enough wide service yet. So that is 3+ managers if we count Warnock as well in just over a year. So, I think we need to see what Ollie and co can do to work on getting us in some kind of style of play, because with the exception of Warnock we have had absolutely none. Ollie wants to play an attacking style and we'll see if he can pull it off, but it will be limited if we don't get a midfielder who can link up (we can't just rely on Luongo) and we need a genuine left footed left winger as well.

So, we have an average bunch of players but if they can find a way to play as a team that wins more than it loses, some of the players that have struggled may eventually find their way. It's a big job for Ollie this time but if he can get the culture within the club right then we should be okay. Mid table and no more, but okay.

Never knowingly right.

B A S T A RD S on 19:56 - Nov 26 with 941 viewsShotKneesHoop

We are what we are - A mid table Championship team - no more no less - apart from the stonking debt that most other clubs don't have.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024