Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pete Overend Watts 15:09 - Jan 23 with 1665 viewsenfieldargh

Guitarist with Mott The Hoople passed away

Loved MTH in the 70s

Singing All The Young Dudes with my mates down Wealdstone high street at 3am after getting turfed out of Tudors

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pete Overend Watts on 15:12 - Jan 23 with 1658 viewsfrancisbowles

Sad news. I think he was the bass player as Mick Ralphs followed by Ariel Bender (Luther Grosvenor) and in their last days Mick Ronson, were the lead guitarists. Ian Hunter played rhythm guitar.

RIP
Pete Overend Watts on 15:20 - Jan 23 with 1642 viewsLongsufferingR

Sad news. One of my favourite tunes growing up:

Pete Overend Watts on 23:58 - Jan 23 with 1520 viewsisawqpratwcity

Pete Overend Watts on 15:20 - Jan 23 by LongsufferingR

Sad news. One of my favourite tunes growing up:

Sad news, indeed. One of my fave bands, too.

On hearing the news I listened to the eponymous first album (haven't heard it in years; it doesn't hold up that well) and Mott, which fares better. Here's another beauty from that; the vid has a lot of pix from back in the day, as well as from their '09 reunion.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Pete Overend Watts on 00:04 - Jan 24 with 1516 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fck it, some-one's got to post this!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Pete Overend Watts on 00:26 - Jan 24 with 1507 viewsCiderwithRsie

Pete Overend Watts on 23:58 - Jan 23 by isawqpratwcity

Sad news, indeed. One of my fave bands, too.

On hearing the news I listened to the eponymous first album (haven't heard it in years; it doesn't hold up that well) and Mott, which fares better. Here's another beauty from that; the vid has a lot of pix from back in the day, as well as from their '09 reunion.

I love that song.

Do you remember the Saturday gigs?

I'm feeling old.
Pete Overend Watts on 01:07 - Jan 24 with 1485 viewsBoston

Ah, Mott the Hoople, their sound so familiar to those on the terrace. Every time I hear Roll Away the Stone it reminds me of a tremendous off with Arsenal in the Loft.

'ere Enfield, you're not... or did you know Chris Hennekey(not sure if that's the correct spelling)?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pete Overend Watts on 08:38 - Jan 24 with 1401 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Pete Overend Watts on 01:07 - Jan 24 by Boston

Ah, Mott the Hoople, their sound so familiar to those on the terrace. Every time I hear Roll Away the Stone it reminds me of a tremendous off with Arsenal in the Loft.

'ere Enfield, you're not... or did you know Chris Hennekey(not sure if that's the correct spelling)?

It's funny how certain songs conjure up an image like that - Mott's "Crash Street Kids" reminds me of a similar off in the School End with Stoke..

Nostalgia - it ain't what it used to be..
Pete Overend Watts on 08:46 - Jan 24 with 1394 viewsElHoop

Mick Jones was a big fan of Mott The Hoople - particularly in the pre-Dudes era when they were an underground band. He was particularly taken with how they treated their fans, which he took over with him to the Clash. These clips are a bit annoying as they're so short and split up, but they're good:

The link doesn't work so here's the first clip anyway.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 9:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Pete Overend Watts on 10:28 - Jan 24 with 1337 viewsenfieldargh

Pete Overend Watts on 01:07 - Jan 24 by Boston

I'm not and no I never had the pleasure.

Come to think of it I rarely got any pleasure from Tudors, apat from Jane from Watford

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024