Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14 years ago today U R's 20:16 - May 8 with 2461 viewsNoDiddley

14 years ago today U R's on 21:25 - May 8 with 2353 viewsPeterHucker

Simply the greatest away day I've ever experienced.
That was a team to be proud of.
After they scored the own goal and we realised that yes, the promotion we'd been hoping for, that we wanted more than just about anything, was actually going to happen. I remember saying something along those lines to my 2 mates and my wife and every one of us looked a bit moist around the eyes.
14 years ago today U R's on 22:29 - May 8 with 2253 viewsWilloW4

14 years ago today U R's on 21:25 - May 8 by PeterHucker

Simply the greatest away day I've ever experienced.
That was a team to be proud of.
After they scored the own goal and we realised that yes, the promotion we'd been hoping for, that we wanted more than just about anything, was actually going to happen. I remember saying something along those lines to my 2 mates and my wife and every one of us looked a bit moist around the eyes.

I agree with you mate, but there's a you tube link after that when we got the 2-2 at anfield.. ( 2 own goals.).. QPR fans were outstanding that night... We sang all game, got dogs abuse before the match from everyone..watching the last ten minutes of that on the you tube clip is one of the most emotional moments of my life as a Rangers fan...( forget the final, it didn't really happen.)... Even mickey fillery was great..I spoke to Steve wickes about that night quite recently and he said..it was a brilliant night'..got home at about 4am, and partied til closing time that day...my favourite away day/night...( probably on the wrong thread but..)..you R's.
14 years ago today U R's on 22:33 - May 8 with 2252 viewsHamptonR

A bizarre memory I have of that day is of the two blokes standing two and three seats away from me, my dad was between them and me, and their constant abuse of Gallen and Bircham.
My dad was incensed but I said to him that they must be winding us and the people around them up, and to ignore them.
It was very strange, every time they hurled abuse they appeared to look around for a reaction from the supporters around them.
As the goals went in they seemed to be forgotten but to this day.... it was odd.
14 years ago today U R's on 23:47 - May 8 with 2204 viewsRD2112

Wow, was it that long ago? What a day for me, listened to a live feed commentary and also did the match thread on here, later that evening my local team {Valencia, 180 km away} won la liga. Yeah, that was some weekend dude.
14 years ago today U R's on 01:05 - May 9 with 2168 viewstimcocking

What a brilliant start to my day that was.

What a fantastic team! I'd back that lot at their peak to do very well in the championship today. Almost all of them are amongst my most beloved players. Happy days.

The season before and that year was the first time i was actually living in London and actually able to attend most of the games. I don't think i actually saw us lose at home for more than a year. Didn't matter how far behind we were.
14 years ago today U R's on 06:05 - May 9 with 2121 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The last ditch tackle from Gino when it was 2-1; Matt Rose a colossus that day; Furs blinder; them putting up the BCFC score and obliging with an oggie; 8,000 Rfosi singing ‘Are you eatching Loftus Road?’ A real gutsy performance from the players and all the back room staff as well, in a week that Bristolians confidently predicted we would choke.

A fantastic day for those of us lucky to be there and the vibes from HQ. One of the best drives back to London as well. Albeit that our hired minibus was a turkey of a thing and got us to the Bushranger well late.

That said, some mates of mine were among the first on a train out of Sheffield. By the time they got on the tube at Kings Cross, there were about 20 other Rfosi hammering it to the Bush. The atmos as they neared Goldhawk Rd tube was buildin and when the train pulled in, the hundreds outside the Bushranger realising they were the first troops back, formed a guard of honour cheering them all in straight to the bar past the queues. I don’t know why, but I just love that story from the day.

Anyone know what happened after we got promoted?
[Post edited 9 May 2018 6:11]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

14 years ago today U R's on 08:54 - May 9 with 2033 viewssmegma

I got back to the White Horse at 7.45pm. People in there didn't believe we had been to the game until we showed our programmes and match tickets. My mate did 105mph literally the whole way on the M1. A friend was in the Horse waiting with ice cold pints lined up on the bar. To say it got messy is an understatement.We finished up on Goldhawk Rd and a mate drove from Wales to the Bush Ranger to join in the party as we danced in the street outside the bus depot stopping the traffic.
That performance was superb from start to finish. 12 months previously at Cardiff Ollie had said 'I will get us up next season, please join me'. I went out and bought an away season ticket there and then. It was one hell of a journey. Smashing Blackpool in a heatwave on the opening day. The first away win at Wrexham, Eric Sabins last second goal from two inches at Grimsby, celebrating the Rowlands winner at Blackpool in corporate hospitality. Being joined after by Gallen, Bircham , Rowlands and Nicky Culker after in the players bar. The daylight robbery of the draw on Boxing Day at Notts County, but we took the point thank you very much. The Lee Camp debut at Hartlepool. The save by Camp when one on one. My mate teaching the linesman the new offside law before the game using salt and vinegar bottles and ketchup on the pool table in the players bar at Hartlepool. As you do.

During the season, I had read an article in a football betting paper about betting on 3-3 draws. The article reckoned if you did it every game there was a chance of coming out on top over a whole season. So I had a fiver on every game and the draws at Rushden, the aforementioned Notts County game and Barnsley away near the end of the season meant I finished about £300 up by the end of the season.Which paid for my season ticket in the lower loft more or less.

Another thing I remember come the end of the season was Ollie getting stick on the Internet for 'just about crawling over the line'........
14 years ago today U R's on 10:45 - May 9 with 1974 viewsPlanetHonneywood

14 years ago today U R's on 08:54 - May 9 by smegma

I got back to the White Horse at 7.45pm. People in there didn't believe we had been to the game until we showed our programmes and match tickets. My mate did 105mph literally the whole way on the M1. A friend was in the Horse waiting with ice cold pints lined up on the bar. To say it got messy is an understatement.We finished up on Goldhawk Rd and a mate drove from Wales to the Bush Ranger to join in the party as we danced in the street outside the bus depot stopping the traffic.
That performance was superb from start to finish. 12 months previously at Cardiff Ollie had said 'I will get us up next season, please join me'. I went out and bought an away season ticket there and then. It was one hell of a journey. Smashing Blackpool in a heatwave on the opening day. The first away win at Wrexham, Eric Sabins last second goal from two inches at Grimsby, celebrating the Rowlands winner at Blackpool in corporate hospitality. Being joined after by Gallen, Bircham , Rowlands and Nicky Culker after in the players bar. The daylight robbery of the draw on Boxing Day at Notts County, but we took the point thank you very much. The Lee Camp debut at Hartlepool. The save by Camp when one on one. My mate teaching the linesman the new offside law before the game using salt and vinegar bottles and ketchup on the pool table in the players bar at Hartlepool. As you do.

During the season, I had read an article in a football betting paper about betting on 3-3 draws. The article reckoned if you did it every game there was a chance of coming out on top over a whole season. So I had a fiver on every game and the draws at Rushden, the aforementioned Notts County game and Barnsley away near the end of the season meant I finished about £300 up by the end of the season.Which paid for my season ticket in the lower loft more or less.

Another thing I remember come the end of the season was Ollie getting stick on the Internet for 'just about crawling over the line'........

The thing about Sabin’s winner was how close he came to ballsing it up! That and the kicking off outside.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

14 years ago today U R's on 10:52 - May 9 with 1960 viewsFDC

I was sat with the Wednesday supporters down towards the away end. As the game went on it became apparent there were quite a few of us sat there.

I actually missed Furlong's goal as I was still downstairs in the loo. I can remember desperately trying to work out which end the cheering was coming from.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 11:15]
14 years ago today U R's on 11:38 - May 9 with 1905 viewskingsburyR

That was a great day out.

Can still remember the Sheff Wed P.A. updating the stadium on how Bristol were getting on.

I'm sure it as only to wind up the away fans!

Oh, and one of ours being knocked clean out between the goal posts by some tosser who threw a sucker punch!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

14 years ago today U R's on 11:40 - May 9 with 1895 viewsFDC

14 years ago today U R's on 11:38 - May 9 by kingsburyR

Can still remember the Sheff Wed P.A. updating the stadium on how Bristol were getting on.

Oh, and one of ours being knocked clean out between the goal posts by some tosser who threw a sucker punch!

When everyone went on the pitch it got a bit feisty where I was sat amongst the Wednesday supporters. Me and my mate ended up making a swift exit.
14 years ago today U R's on 11:47 - May 9 with 1883 viewssmegma

They showed a lack of class that day. Wendy's PA announcer was a sad c@nt and Ollie said as much in the press conference after. And the way Dave Thomas was treated means I will always hate them.
14 years ago today U R's on 11:57 - May 9 with 1872 viewshubble

I think that was one of the Parker lads who got punched (Lyndsey Parker's brother if anyone on here knows Lynds). Just revisiting the feeling of what it was like to be a QPR fan at that time. It was so utterly different to now it's incredible. We really did feel like a small band of brothers (and sisters), a tribe as Ollie said. I was at Hillsborough that day courtesy of Bill Power who was incredibly kind to me and other fans. So, so different to now - then, as Ollie says in the video, we were Queen's Park Rangers United. Now we seem to be QPR Divided.

The whole premiership debacle seems to have spoiled us. We certainly seem to have a lot of spoilt brat fans these days, reading some of the comments over the last few seasons (more on other boards than here, but here too on occasion). I don't like the way I've fallen out of love with Ollie. He was heroic back then. One of us. So much has changed. It does still feel like we could regain that feeling, of all being bonded. If Ollie stays (I hope he does, I think he's deserved it), if we can keep our fantastic young players for another season or two...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024