Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Dudley Sutton 08:49 - Sep 16 with 1109 viewscolinallcars

Made me think of the Best British Films thread when I read of his passing. Perhaps known to most as Tinker in the Lovejoy TV series but I'm sure he must have appeared in a few of the films we listed on the thread.
RIP Dudley Sutton on 11:39 - Sep 16 with 993 viewsenfieldargh

Was often in Sweeney Minder type programmes as a lovable rogue and an actor who I could never remember his name even though he had an unforgettable face

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

RIP Dudley Sutton on 12:22 - Sep 16 with 965 viewsthemodfather

RIP tinker ...
RIP Dudley Sutton on 12:31 - Sep 16 with 958 views18StoneOfHoop

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

RIP Dudley Sutton on 13:25 - Sep 16 with 915 viewsDannyPaddox

Some friends threw a party in a village hall in a remote part of a remote part of the West Country many years ago. Everyone was encouraged to do a turn. I may have done a few numbers with a shambling Cajun band. Later in the evening Dudley Sutton got up on stage. He was sort of half in drag with a load of greasepaint and slap on. The rest of the hall was dark and he held a single light to illuminate his face. He had a demonic mischievous twinkle in his eye and he sang a song or did a monologue or both. It was magical, harking back to the old musical hall days. It reminded me of the scene in Blue Velvet when Dean Stockwell sings Candy Coloured Clown. He may have even sang that song or Blue Velvet. My memory fails me and I was most likely trolleyed anyway but whatever he sang he captivated the whole room. A proper old school boho-thesp. A great actor. He had the magic. RIP Dudley.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 13:33]
RIP Dudley Sutton on 15:22 - Sep 16 with 833 viewscolinallcars

RIP Dudley Sutton on 13:25 - Sep 16 by DannyPaddox

Some friends threw a party in a village hall in a remote part of a remote part of the West Country many years ago. Everyone was encouraged to do a turn. I may have done a few numbers with a shambling Cajun band. Later in the evening Dudley Sutton got up on stage. He was sort of half in drag with a load of greasepaint and slap on. The rest of the hall was dark and he held a single light to illuminate his face. He had a demonic mischievous twinkle in his eye and he sang a song or did a monologue or both. It was magical, harking back to the old musical hall days. It reminded me of the scene in Blue Velvet when Dean Stockwell sings Candy Coloured Clown. He may have even sang that song or Blue Velvet. My memory fails me and I was most likely trolleyed anyway but whatever he sang he captivated the whole room. A proper old school boho-thesp. A great actor. He had the magic. RIP Dudley.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 13:33]

That's a nice story, thanks for posting it. I imagine there will be an obituary in the Times soon, he's the sort of character that they feature.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024