Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC Help 10:55 - Aug 22 with 657 viewsenfieldargh

My Dell laptop recently updated, since then all my documents now carry the google chrome icon which is pretty annoying.

I do also use Firefox but use chrome as so much stuff is synced with it.

Chrome is a bit of a PITA as suddenly I can't log onto my bank via Chrome but Firefox is ok

My primary work email is with gmail so unsure if I stop using Chrome my emails may be affected....probably I'm not thinking this through so any help would be much appreciated

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

PC Help on 11:26 - Aug 22 with 608 viewsrsonist

Sounds like the document filetypes have been assigned to open with Chrome.

Right click on one of the files, go to Properties and change the "Opens with" to what you'd prefer. You'll have to do this once per filetype (so an xls, a docx, etc).

Alternatively you can go through

Start > Settings > Apps > Default Apps

and from there either "Choose default applications by file type" or "Reset to Microsoft Recommended Defaults" to do them all at once if you were using the stock programs before.
PC Help on 12:29 - Aug 22 with 536 viewsenfieldargh

PC Help on 11:26 - Aug 22 by rsonist

Right click on one of the files, go to Properties and change the "Opens with" to what you'd prefer. You'll have to do this once per filetype (so an xls, a docx, etc).

and from there either "Choose default applications by file type" or "Reset to Microsoft Recommended Defaults" to do them all at once if you were using the stock programs before.

thankyou will give it a whirl!!!

captains fantastic

PC Help on 13:21 - Aug 22 with 475 viewsenfieldargh

PC Help on 11:26 - Aug 22 by rsonist

brilliant thankyou!!!!

captains fantastic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024