Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ormiston Grove, flat rental? 21:06 - Aug 10 with 2864 viewssupahoopsa

My son has just agreed to rent a flat on Ormiston Grove, just a couple of roads away from HQ. Anyone know much about this area?

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 21:27 - Aug 10 with 2797 viewsParkRoyalR

Great location for your lad, launderette one end of the road that does your shirts and a cheap service wash, decent Cafe at the other, with The Crown and The Princess Victoria a short walk across the Uxbridge Road (not to mention the Colonel on the way back from the rubadub!)
Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 2733 viewssupahoopsa

Thanks, we know the road as I always park on Adelaide Grove and walk past it, but always good to hear some local knowledge

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 22:11 - Aug 10 with 2668 viewsParkRoyalR

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 21:48 - Aug 10 by supahoopsa

Thanks, we know the road as I always park on Adelaide Grove and walk past it, but always good to hear some local knowledge

Plus you've got Bush Hall for live music and Bush Theatre which has a decent bar now - only very minor watch out is Coningham Road - easily avoided - always been a bit of a mental stretch and has a few halfway house type hostels which are a draw for the few local junkies.
Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 22:40 - Aug 10 with 2594 viewsenfieldargh

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 22:11 - Aug 10 by ParkRoyalR

Plus you've got Bush Hall for live music and Bush Theatre which has a decent bar now - only very minor watch out is Coningham Road - easily avoided - always been a bit of a mental stretch and has a few halfway house type hostels which are a draw for the few local junkies.

Thought Bush Hall had shut down?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 23:41 - Aug 10 with 2499 viewsPeterHucker

I lived on Ormiston Grove for years.
Often walk past there on match days. I like that part of W12 a lot. It’s far enough away from the Green that the pubs aren’t too pricy. Such great versatility in the cafes / takeaways around there too.
Some of my favourite pubs from those days are no more (The Brackenbury, Swakeleys Arms, The Goldhawk, The Bush Ranger)
My most frequented pub in those days was the British Queen which is now the Pocket Watch but I I’ve not been there for 10+ years!
The Coningham Arms and The Crown & Sceptre still going well though.
Keith Allen lived on Ormiston Grove in the 90s you know and the film Some Voices starring Daniel Craig was filmed a few doors up from my flat around the same time.
Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 20:21 - Aug 13 with 2000 viewssupahoopsa

Thanks for the advice guys. My lad has just signed up for the flat for the year. Moving in with a couple he knows from university. Sign of getting old, but I can't get over the price, £2,400 a month plus bills, energy, water and council tax!!!

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 21:35 - Aug 13 with 1881 viewsParkRoyalR

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 20:21 - Aug 13 by supahoopsa

Thanks for the advice guys. My lad has just signed up for the flat for the year. Moving in with a couple he knows from university. Sign of getting old, but I can't get over the price, £2,400 a month plus bills, energy, water and council tax!!!

Looks like he'll be ironing his own shirts then!

Working class locals who were our core support have long since been priced out of SheBu and it's surrounding areas.
Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 10:02 - Aug 14 with 1656 viewsLythamR

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 20:21 - Aug 13 by supahoopsa

LOL £2400 for a flat of the uxbridge road, almost had me there! :)
Login to get fewer ads

Ormiston Grove, flat rental? on 13:59 - Aug 14 with 1552 viewssupahoopsa

I'm serious, ground floor flat, three bedrooms, small back yard and a small kitchen/lounge. He's had to pay 6 months rent in advance as there is such demand

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024