Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player values 11:33 - Jan 6 with 651 viewsG_Ottershaw

maybe it's just me, but i look at a lot of modern footballers as agency workers ie 'if it doesn't work out, i'll just phone up the agency (or agent) and get a gig somewhere else'.
In most professions, if you're not good enough or simply under performing you will either be sacked, made redundant or sent for more training, footballers don't seem to follow this model and it makes me question what it is doing to their values ?
looking at transfermarkt.co.uk for example, i see Dykes is allegedly valued at 2.2m, following a reduction of 300k.
has anyone on here found a better site that routinely shows what these performances are doing to their values? maybe a cold, hard dose of reality might wake them up a bit..
Player values on 12:08 - Jan 6 with 585 viewsNed_Kennedys

What a player sells for is down to loads of factors: a club can set a selling price but it’s irrelevant unless another club wants to pay that money. And transfer values only increase if more than one club is interested and a bidding war ensues which appears to be rare nowadays.

I’m sure QPR would be open to offers on any player but based on their ‘performances’ the last few seasons I can imagine few if any have attracted any genuine enquiries at all. Any site that states player values is just guessing.
Player values on 13:05 - Jan 6 with 499 viewsAntti_Heinola

There’s quite a lot of views of ‘if that happened in any other job…’ on here, and while there’s some truth in that, I’ve worked in a range of industries, as has my partner, and there are shirkers, incompetents, idiots, bullies, a$$holes, layabouts and people who are just sub standard at their job EVERYWHERE. And it’s often v difficult to get rid of them for anything other than gross misconduct. I’ve said it before, but for most of us, if we go in and perform at 80% it’s fine, you can get by, the work will get done. At the higher levels of football, 80% means you’ll get beat. I understand people making comparisons, but the comparison between elite sport and a ‘normal’ job isn’t a comparison that can be easily made, and I’m not sure it’s particularly illuminating either.
I heard first hand recently about a major Hollywood star with an extremely good image, holding up a production for days because he couldn’t be fked to come out of his trailer. It’s out of order, but saying ‘if I’d do that I’d be sacked’ might be true, but so what?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024