Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucho Gonzalez 11:20 - Jan 17 with 696 viewsTW_R

QPR are considering a move for Marseille midfielder Lucho Gonzalez.

The People says the Argentina ­international moved to the French side from FC Porto for £16m in 2009.

But Marseille are now ready to sell Gonzalez to reduce their wage bill and Rangers may be able to tempt him into the Premier League.

Arsenal and Roma were linked with the attacking middle man last year.

But if QPR ­pursue their ­interest, they could land him for as little as £7m.
Lucho Gonzalez on 11:34 - Jan 17 with 637 viewsadhoc_qpr

Probably no more realistic than the Rodwell story, but he could be a superb signing!

I wonder if we have more chance of signing foreign based players, who probably don't know much about QPR other than we are a London based premier league club. Throw some money at them too and it might be easier than persuading English based players.
Lucho Gonzalez on 11:41 - Jan 17 with 586 viewskingo

I have thought for a while that it is probably easier to get players from outside the Prem as the clubs will not be playing the waiting game, like the Prem clubs are. If Ali is anything to go by then Gonzalez should fit straight in and give us the bite in midfield that we need, plus all Argentinians are technically very good too.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Lucho Gonzalez on 11:45 - Jan 17 with 569 viewsTheBlob

So how many non-EU players are we allowed?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Lucho Gonzalez on 12:25 - Jan 17 with 456 viewsericgen34

He's a classy player, but a bit moody - half way between tarbs and Ali I'd say.
Lucho Gonzalez on 12:37 - Jan 17 with 388 viewseastside_r

Lucho Gonzalez on 11:45 - Jan 17 by TheBlob

So how many non-EU players are we allowed?

A lot or Argentinians have dual nationality with an EU country. I think both Ali and and Gino had Italian passports.

Otherwise they require work permits which are dependant on how much / often they have appeared for their country. This is not an official rule but used as a benchmark to assess 'are they better than any domestic player available'.

I don't think there are any other football restrictions on non-EU players just legislative.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Lucho Gonzalez on 12:38 - Jan 17 with 375 viewsRobbyQPR

apparently we are signing everyone at the moment. no real announcement or deals apart from henrique are near which is worrying.
Lucho Gonzalez on 12:48 - Jan 17 with 346 viewsTheBlob

Lucho Gonzalez on 12:37 - Jan 17 by eastside_r

A lot or Argentinians have dual nationality with an EU country. I think both Ali and and Gino had Italian passports.

Otherwise they require work permits which are dependant on how much / often they have appeared for their country. This is not an official rule but used as a benchmark to assess 'are they better than any domestic player available'.

I don't think there are any other football restrictions on non-EU players just legislative.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Ok.Cheers for that.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Lucho Gonzalez on 12:58 - Jan 17 with 325 viewsrsonist

Dunno what sort of shape he's in now, but a few years ago this bloke was the mutt's nuts. Real driving leader from midfield.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024