Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kick it out campaign 20:22 - Oct 20 with 1580 viewswaveydave

Jason Roberts decides not to wear the T-shirt an McDermott respects his decision yet Sir Alex to 'deal with' Ferdinand. Views?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20017021

surely Ferdinand cannot be fined ect?
Kick it out campaign on 20:32 - Oct 20 with 1030 viewsTGRRRSSS

Just about to post about this Ferguson says Ferdinand "Will be dealt with"

Beginning of the end for Ferdinand at OT, now 34 ageing, more injuries not as good as he was.
Gone by summer at latest, usual Ferguson ruthless when someone is of little use anymore - which allows for a lot of his success it must be said.
Kick it out campaign on 20:32 - Oct 20 with 1027 viewsBazWoT

Red nosed drunken jock pratt, he took the piss out of Roberts yesterday so he's taking Rio's choice personally.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Kick it out campaign on 20:32 - Oct 20 with 1024 viewsthame_hoops

A real shame it's got to this, it's the FA's fault for not dealing with terry until 11 months later
Kick it out campaign on 20:38 - Oct 20 with 1008 viewsTGRRRSSS

What Ferguson disagreed and told Roberts what he should be doing then one of his players goes against him, FA can be blamed for much but Roberts beef is with Kick it out as much as FA
Kick it out campaign on 20:45 - Oct 20 with 997 viewshamptonhillhoop

I don't think Ferguson's going to come out of this particularly well. As a supposedly left leaning individual he should respect his player's decisions and appreciate their point of view, not adopt the role of a dictator, as he seems to be doing. He was outspoken enough about the Suarez incident.
Kick it out campaign on 20:59 - Oct 20 with 960 viewsCHUBBS

As much as i dislike the drug cheat Ferdinand,Ferguson is an absolute disgrace to be dictating to him how to behave in this matter.Surely its none of his business if an individual has a differing belief to that of his.
Ignorant w@nker
Kick it out campaign on 21:04 - Oct 20 with 945 viewsJigsore

It's none of his business frankly, is it? Does bulbous, whiskey-nosed tw@t really think he can feel any empathy for Ferdinand in this case?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Kick it out campaign on 21:11 - Oct 20 with 927 viewsN12Hoop

Not sure on what grounds that Miserable Scottish Tw4t is going to "deal with it". If a player isn't allowed to act on a belief it's a very sad state of affairs.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Login to get fewer ads

Kick it out campaign on 21:16 - Oct 20 with 914 viewsPeterHucker

what does Fergie know about racism eh, he's just a fried Mars bar eating smackhead who listens to Lulu all day.
Kick it out campaign on 21:16 - Oct 20 with 913 viewsgigiisourgod

What authority does Ferguson have to be the fountain of knowledge on racism. He should keep his whiskey nose well and truly out of it.
Kick it out campaign on 21:33 - Oct 20 with 890 viewsBrightonhoop

Kick it out campaign on 20:45 - Oct 20 by hamptonhillhoop

I don't think Ferguson's going to come out of this particularly well. As a supposedly left leaning individual he should respect his player's decisions and appreciate their point of view, not adopt the role of a dictator, as he seems to be doing. He was outspoken enough about the Suarez incident.

Agreeing with Hampton....that's a first for me

I dont think Fergusson will come out well from this either. His language is particularly dodgy. A succesful proven Manager he is, font of all knowledge on Social Policy he is not. As for being unable to support his players choice it's a very very poor reflection on SAF.
Kick it out campaign on 21:43 - Oct 20 with 881 viewsTacticalR

There is nothing wrong with a white person person commenting on racism, being concerned by racism, or discussing the best way to tackle racism.

But I think Ferguson's attack on Jason Roberts is actually quite sinister:

Ferguson added: "I don't know what point he is trying to make. I don't know if he is trying to put himself on a different pedestal from everyone. But he really should be supporting all the rest of the players who are doing it.

"When you do something, and everyone believes in it, you should all do it together. There shouldn't be sheep wandering off. I think he is making the wrong message. All the players are wearing it. I have only heard that Jason Roberts is different — but he is very different. He plays a game and is in the studio 20 minutes after it. That is a great privilege."

He is saying that Roberts is a wild card and hinting that Roberts should be taken off television.

This seems to be much more about Ferguson's power than racism. I'm guessing that one of the ways that Ferguson dominates football is through various managerial associations and other back-door committees (not to mention the number of his ex-players who are managers). Anyone not following the Ferguson party line has to be fingered and isolated (troublesome ex-players are usually sold outside the country).

And as TGRRRSSS said, this episode could also be a useful excuse for getting rid of Ferdinand, which he probably wants to do anyway.

Air hostess clique

Kick it out campaign on 21:48 - Oct 20 with 866 viewsQPR1882

Kick it out campaign on 20:32 - Oct 20 by TGRRRSSS

Just about to post about this Ferguson says Ferdinand "Will be dealt with"

Beginning of the end for Ferdinand at OT, now 34 ageing, more injuries not as good as he was.
Gone by summer at latest, usual Ferguson ruthless when someone is of little use anymore - which allows for a lot of his success it must be said.

Another Utd loan player heading our way in January.
Kick it out campaign on 21:51 - Oct 20 with 856 viewsCHUBBS

Kick it out campaign on 21:48 - Oct 20 by QPR1882

Another Utd loan player heading our way in January.

He could replace his useless brother
Kick it out campaign on 22:09 - Oct 20 with 818 viewsTGRRRSSS

WEll he never critiscises a player unless it suits him, I agree alot with the sinister element of Ferguson's attack, but knowing Rio's direct situation regarding the Terry/Anton business makes it all the more remarkable.
As for Rio coming to LR, you just know will sign him then he'll be out with back problems again.
Kick it out campaign on 22:27 - Oct 20 with 775 viewsdaveB

i don't really get the point of not wearing the t shirt, the kick it out out campaign is a good one and done on very little money, why are they protesting against it? Personally i think the 220k Terry fine should have gone to kick it out which runs on just 300k a year at the moment
Kick it out campaign on 22:31 - Oct 20 with 765 viewsgigiisourgod

Kick it out campaign on 21:43 - Oct 20 by TacticalR

There is nothing wrong with a white person person commenting on racism, being concerned by racism, or discussing the best way to tackle racism.

But I think Ferguson's attack on Jason Roberts is actually quite sinister:

Ferguson added: "I don't know what point he is trying to make. I don't know if he is trying to put himself on a different pedestal from everyone. But he really should be supporting all the rest of the players who are doing it.

"When you do something, and everyone believes in it, you should all do it together. There shouldn't be sheep wandering off. I think he is making the wrong message. All the players are wearing it. I have only heard that Jason Roberts is different — but he is very different. He plays a game and is in the studio 20 minutes after it. That is a great privilege."

He is saying that Roberts is a wild card and hinting that Roberts should be taken off television.

This seems to be much more about Ferguson's power than racism. I'm guessing that one of the ways that Ferguson dominates football is through various managerial associations and other back-door committees (not to mention the number of his ex-players who are managers). Anyone not following the Ferguson party line has to be fingered and isolated (troublesome ex-players are usually sold outside the country).

And as TGRRRSSS said, this episode could also be a useful excuse for getting rid of Ferdinand, which he probably wants to do anyway.

Would have been very interesting to see what his stance on Rio's actions would have been 5 years ago when he was an integral part of the united machine. I pressume very different
Kick it out campaign on 22:45 - Oct 20 with 738 viewshamptonhillhoop

Kick it out campaign on 21:33 - Oct 20 by Brightonhoop

Agreeing with Hampton....that's a first for me

I dont think Fergusson will come out well from this either. His language is particularly dodgy. A succesful proven Manager he is, font of all knowledge on Social Policy he is not. As for being unable to support his players choice it's a very very poor reflection on SAF.

There's a first time for everything
Kick it out campaign on 22:48 - Oct 20 with 725 viewshamptonhillhoop

Kick it out campaign on 22:27 - Oct 20 by daveB

i don't really get the point of not wearing the t shirt, the kick it out out campaign is a good one and done on very little money, why are they protesting against it? Personally i think the 220k Terry fine should have gone to kick it out which runs on just 300k a year at the moment

I agree with that. I think the fines to Terry, Cole and Ferdinand all in are around the £900,000 mark now. That could fund it for a couple of years. That would please Terry!
Kick it out campaign on 22:53 - Oct 20 with 715 viewsTacticalR

Kick it out campaign on 22:27 - Oct 20 by daveB

Roberts' main argument is that it's ineffective (to put it politely). See his interview here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19994204

Reading between the lines the implication seems to be some kind of black players' association.

Air hostess clique

Kick it out campaign on 22:57 - Oct 20 with 703 viewsRoller

So Sir Alex Ferguson doesn’t understand why Rio Ferdinand didn’t wear a Kick it Out T-shirt today. May I suggest he attempts to find out rather than just carrying out his threat to deal with it. His main concern seems to be that he has been embarrassed by one of his own players as he had already attacked Jason Roberts for stating that he wasn’t going to parade around in the T-shirt. As both Roberts and Ferdinand have previously been very outspoken with regard to racism surely that should suggest to him that there is something wrong with Kick it Out, maybe he should engage his brain rather than his mouth. If he followed Reading manager Brian McDermott’s fine example and spoke to his player about his reasons he may learn why these strong advocates of equality regard Kick it Out as a toothless irrelevance.

Kick it Out, according to their web site, is football’s equality and inclusion campaign. It attempts to tackle discrimination and encourage inclusive practices and work for positive change. Worthy objectives but to understand the issues with the organisation it is important to first know its position in the game. Like any organisation it is beholden to its paymasters, in this case these include the Premier League and The Football Association. It takes a very special organisation to find fault with its paymaster and Kick it Our unfortunately does not fall into this category although it desperately needs to.

When The Football Association handed out such a derisory punishment to John Terry for racially abusing Rio Ferdinand’s brother an independent Kick it Out campaign would have stood up and screamed that it was not enough, the punishment did not even match the punishment meted out to Luis Suarez for his abuse of Patrice Evra, surely Ferguson would have recognised this. To compound the issue, Terry’s club, Chelsea, have not only fined Terry the least amount they thought they could get away with, but have allowed him to retain the club’s captaincy. What message does this sent out to the world?

Jason Roberts, Rio Ferdinand and any other footballer of any colour who refuses to parade in the Kick it Out t-shirt must be applauded. As Roberts said, unless Kick it Out are independent they will never be accountable for their actions. All those who do wear the Kick it Out T-shirt do so with good intentions but without fully understanding the issue. It doesn’t matter how many times Lord Ouseley says that this is not good enough, more is needed. Kick it Out is purely window dressing to appease the football authorities and make them feel better about themselves. Kick it Out.
Kick it out campaign on 23:24 - Oct 20 with 673 viewsTGRRRSSS

Interesting thing about calling Ferguson, left leaning, actually he's a UNion man, and everyone has heared of a "Scab" right?
Kick it out campaign on 23:42 - Oct 20 with 651 viewsTacticalR

Kick it out campaign on 23:24 - Oct 20 by TGRRRSSS

Interesting thing about calling Ferguson, left leaning, actually he's a UNion man, and everyone has heared of a "Scab" right?

He certainly uses *the language* of trade unionism to present his own interest as the general interest. In other words everyone should work together...to do what Ferguson wants.

Air hostess clique

Kick it out campaign on 23:59 - Oct 20 with 621 viewskensalriser

"There shouldn't be sheep wandering off."

Ferguson seems to be clear on what he thinks of players and their opinions.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kick it out campaign on 00:05 - Oct 21 with 611 viewsTacticalR

Black sheep?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024