Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 13:26 - Jun 24 with 956 viewskingo

Only a couple of months ago, their fans were all over this board going on about how we deserved to go down as we had spent all this money. Ironic when you see how much they spent last season and are now looking to spend £17m on one player and £12 m on another.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Southampton on 13:31 - Jun 24 with 912 viewsreal_loftus

And yet no-one wants to sign for them apparently, they keep getting snubbed

ATAF.

Southampton on 13:33 - Jun 24 with 893 viewsRANGERS4EVER

They are aiming too high in my opinion. Doing what we did and trying to become a big team too quickly. Going for players that are Champions League quality and so keep getting snubbed, they should take it one step at a time, slowly build up their squad instead of aiming for top 4 already

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Southampton on 13:36 - Jun 24 with 881 viewsrsonist

Yes, clearly Southampton have run their affairs in exactly the same way we have. Oh the hypocrisy.
Southampton on 13:47 - Jun 24 with 828 viewskingo

I can't remember exactly what the new managers stats were like but they were not brilliant. Adkins had got them working hard, it will be very pleasing if they bomb with a load of debt. Especially as Cortese has showed already that he is not against just walking away.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Southampton on 13:52 - Jun 24 with 801 viewsadhoc_qpr

I suspect the difference is that Pocchetino is trying to buy high quality players he has identified based on how they fit into his system and style of play though - not who their 'representative' is and with no thought to squad balance of team tactics...

Osvaldo is a bit of a trouble maker, but he's played for Pocchetino before.

Fair play to Soton - they played decent football and made a much better fist of the prem that we did, despite adopting several similar policies (sacking the Manager who got them promoted and chucking a lot of cash around).
Southampton on 14:01 - Jun 24 with 772 viewsQPR442

yeah its funny how when we spend a bit of cash we are the next pompey and then its ok for Saints to spend and they will be okay?
let them spend £20m as I still don't think it won't help them.
Southampton on 14:23 - Jun 24 with 694 viewsJuzzie

They're probably now on all the Stoke message boards telling them how bad Hughes is.

Southampton on 14:28 - Jun 24 with 667 viewsMedwayR

To be fair Lovren should be a good signing & Osvaldo scores goals. They're spending more money than we ever did until the signings of Samba & Remy but they'll probably get better value for money than we did from all our low fee-high wage signings. I think even if they struggle they'll stay up because there are plenty of poor teams in the bottom half of the prem.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024