Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Bale 08:14 - Jul 29 with 1445 viewsthame_hoops

£80m?! Is he worth it for Madrid? Good but not great IMHO
Gareth Bale on 08:47 - Jul 29 with 1414 viewswaveydave

Well gareth bale is only 24 now and still has much improvement to make before he peaks

Although i do believe it is expensive for his ability now it is hos potential to be up there as one of the top 5 best players in the world within a couple of years (i dont see him as top 5/10 just yet, people talk of ronaldo and messi but the likes of sweig steiger are also better than him)
Gareth Bale on 08:52 - Jul 29 with 1394 viewsfakekerby

He's an exceptional footballer, very similar to Ronaldo in his Manchester United days, a goal scoring athlete... Ronaldo went for around this figure, so I can't see why Bale shouldn't. He's been the premier league's player of the year for 2 out of last 3 seasons.
Gareth Bale on 08:58 - Jul 29 with 1371 viewsDANRANGER

no he is not but then if Madrid are willing to pay it then he is. Fantastic player who can win games on his own. Levy will hold out for more though.

Bale has the lot and if he signs for Real then I'd say he will become world player of the year as it gives him the platform to do so with better players around him. He scored 20+ goals last season so in Spain that's equates to around 30-40. Top top player and inevitably will leave Spuds.
Gareth Bale on 08:58 - Jul 29 with 1371 viewsN12Hoop

Personally I think he's overrated. Very good for sure, but 80m for a winger. Any loss of pace and it's game over for him. To be honest spending 80m on someone who get injured on day 1 seems bonkers but then football is bonkers nowadays.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Gareth Bale on 09:01 - Jul 29 with 1366 viewsJonDoeman

The two best players in the league last season looking to move to Spain?
shame.

It Is What It Is !!

Gareth Bale on 09:52 - Jul 29 with 1303 viewsTacticalR

A Spurs fan told me Madrid haven't paid for Modric yet.

Air hostess clique

Gareth Bale on 09:53 - Jul 29 with 1303 viewshoof_hearted

The need for the "Real" club to overtake the Catalonians means an obscene amount of public money going to Spurs and Gareth Bale when plenty of Spaniards are struggling to feed their families.

Football is an embarrassment sometimes.
Gareth Bale on 10:22 - Jul 29 with 1268 viewsMedwayR

Not worth £80m but who is...Real Madrid with the pace of Ronaldo on the right & Bale on the left would be devastating on the counter attack, I can see why they want him. They are also investing a lot in young players which Bale fits in with.

Illarramendi/Alonso - Modric
Ronaldo - Isco - Bale
Benzema

That's a pretty phenomenal midfield.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Bale on 11:34 - Jul 29 with 1230 viewsrsonist

Gareth Bale on 10:22 - Jul 29 by MedwayR

Not worth £80m but who is...Real Madrid with the pace of Ronaldo on the right & Bale on the left would be devastating on the counter attack, I can see why they want him. They are also investing a lot in young players which Bale fits in with.

Illarramendi/Alonso - Modric
Ronaldo - Isco - Bale
Benzema

That's a pretty phenomenal midfield.

Isco is a brilliant player but not ready to replace the world class Ozil just yet. (Khedira very underrated too.)

Presumably Levy thinks if Bale can guarantee Champions League qualification they can attract a better quality of replacement. If they could convince Di Maria to come now with £60m on top then I think they should take it though.
Gareth Bale on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 1218 viewsbosh67

Let's put it this way. If Torres was worth £50m then Bale must be worth the national debt of Greece.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gareth Bale on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 1203 viewsMedwayR

Gareth Bale on 11:34 - Jul 29 by rsonist

Isco is a brilliant player but not ready to replace the world class Ozil just yet. (Khedira very underrated too.)

Presumably Levy thinks if Bale can guarantee Champions League qualification they can attract a better quality of replacement. If they could convince Di Maria to come now with £60m on top then I think they should take it though.

I'd completely forgotten Ozil!!

I can't see much of a future for Khedira there, wouldn't be surprised if he joined Mourinho at the scum.

I think Levy will take the same stance as he did with Modric, drag it out for another season & hope Bale can get them into the champions league.

Poll: Who’s better?

Gareth Bale on 12:14 - Jul 29 with 1178 viewsEastR

Anything over £60m and Levy will cash in. Spurs are a selling club for all their talk of CL ambitions, and will take the money every time

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Gareth Bale on 12:18 - Jul 29 with 1172 viewsTacticalR

Gareth Bale on 09:53 - Jul 29 by hoof_hearted

The need for the "Real" club to overtake the Catalonians means an obscene amount of public money going to Spurs and Gareth Bale when plenty of Spaniards are struggling to feed their families.

Football is an embarrassment sometimes.

Let's just chop up Bale and feed him to the starving Spaniards.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024