Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolf of Wall St 08:21 - Jan 19 with 9183 viewsCharlie1

Scorcesse on top form. Di caprio on top form.

Vulgar but a lot of lol moments.
Some classic drug scenes. Highly recommend.

2:59 baby!

Wolf of Wall St on 16:09 - Feb 9 with 1700 viewsthame_hoops

Wolf of Wall St on 13:09 - Feb 9 by E17hoop

Texas Buyers Club - McConnaughey WILL win best actor. Brilliant performance - gripping.

Agree, MM was excellant so was Leto.

Has anyone been watching the new series 'true detective ' with Mm and woody harleson?

It's mesmirising. Best show in years
Wolf of Wall St on 16:41 - Feb 9 with 1682 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watched 12 Years a Slave last night. Best film I've seen all year. Great performances by Ejiofor, Nyong'o and, in particular, Fassbender.

WoWS was shallow and boring, apart from the one ludds scene. Leonardo Di Canio, Hill and Scorsese did well but the story's one-dimensional. Scorsese made one terrible mistake near the end as well which robbed the plot of any tension.

Had little time for Captain Phillips, I'm afraid. When you know the ending it's hard to sustain suspense.

Gravity was well made but a bit boring, and Bullock's and Clooney's characters were, by necessity perhaps, inadequately drawn. Still, a fine exercise in film-making.

From 2013 I also really liked The Way, Way Back and The Kings Of Summer, and enjoyed Rush and Lincoln. Film of the year was the sublime Before Midnight.

If anyone has a link to American Hustle, I'd appreciate it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wolf of Wall St on 17:42 - Feb 9 with 1649 viewsPigbag

Really enjoyed WOWS, it's shallow and can't be taken too seriously. But I thought it was highly entertaining.

I liked American Hustle, thought it was a bit slow at times but the ending was very good, Christian Bale was class. Wasn't sure about Bradley Cooper tbh.

I hated Gravity and for the life of me can't work out why everyone rates it so highly, hats off to the special effects team as it feels like you're in space but I hated the film.

I thought Prisoners with Jake Gyllenhaal & Hugh Jackman was amazing, fantastic plot the twists & turns and top acting from the whole cast, everyone left the cinema in silence which I think says a lot.

Captain Phillips is a solid film, as always Tom Hanks is fantastic as was the lead Somali pirate but as a previous poster said the plot is quite routine.

Seeing Dallas buyers club next week, looks very good by all accounts.
Wolf of Wall St on 22:25 - Feb 9 with 1580 viewsKiwi76

Wolf of Wall St on 16:09 - Feb 9 by thame_hoops

Agree, MM was excellant so was Leto.

Has anyone been watching the new series 'true detective ' with Mm and woody harleson?

It's mesmirising. Best show in years

Agree with you on True Detective.
Not sure what sequence things were filmed in but MM has lost a pile of weight and looks unrecognisable from all those horrible rom-coms of few years ago.
Good combo with Harrelson and really different from the formulaic 1hr shows.
Bleak outlook but got me hooked...
Wolf of Wall St on 00:54 - Feb 10 with 1550 viewsozranger

Sorry, just got into this post. Watched the film last night with the better half. Wow, what a powerful film. Loved it, but not overly into all the drugs. Bit of Wall St, but form the bottom up which expands on it a bit more. Recommended!
Wolf of Wall St on 06:08 - Feb 10 with 1529 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wolf of Wall St on 11:57 - Jan 19 by E17hoop

Wolf of Wall Street = Goodfellas with Stocks

So disappointing. Scorcese needs a new editor.

That might be an unlikely event, barring some unfortunate occurrence.

His editor is Thelma Schoonmaker, and she has worked with Scorcese for over forty years, including on his first film, and has edited all of his pictures since Raging Bull (1980). Working with him, she has been nominated for six Oscars (plus another nomination for "Woodstock"), and won three; "Raging Bull", "The Aviator" and "The Departed".

I saw him pay effusive tribute to her in a documentary on his films. He obviously feels that they share a vision.

She was, incidentally, married to Michael Powell, of the sublime 'Powell and Pressburger' collaboration, for the last six years of his life.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 6:55]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wolf of Wall St on 10:44 - Feb 10 with 1495 viewssimmo

WOWS was outstanding, it also clearly shows how the money was made, I spent 3 years selling small cap shares myself, some of the parallels were scary... But it showed the difference between Wall Street and that environment and also the difference between blue chip and small cap profit taking. Di Caprio was incredible but Jonah Hill was the surprise for me, I was unsure about him cast in this type of 'serious' role but he blew me away, great follow on from his last non comedy performance in Moneyball. It is also close to the source material if anybody has read the book?

12 years a slave was a bit too pandering for me, some outstanding perfromances, especially from Fassbender, but I felt really conscious that it was released with the oscars in mind. Not a bad film by any means, I just didn't really come away thinking it was brilliant or original in any way. Also Brad Pitt appointing himself as the fair and righteous 'hero', really took me out the movie.

Captain Phillips I thought was brilliant too, I didn't know the ending which obviously helped but thought the tension was well built and liked that they showed both sides of the story. the director is a documentary film maker typically and I think that was used to good effect for both sides. That one scene with Hanks near the end too, WOW.

Saw Dallas Buyers Club on Saturday, Leto was almost unrecognisable and McConaughey was terrific. For the last few years he has changed tack from the male rom com protaganist to play all sorts of strange and dark characters. Killer Joe, Mud, The Paperboy - all excellent and odd. He shoudl definitely get considered for this year.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wolf of Wall St on 11:08 - Feb 10 with 1484 viewsJonDoeman

Wolf of Wall St on 16:41 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Watched 12 Years a Slave last night. Best film I've seen all year. Great performances by Ejiofor, Nyong'o and, in particular, Fassbender.

WoWS was shallow and boring, apart from the one ludds scene. Leonardo Di Canio, Hill and Scorsese did well but the story's one-dimensional. Scorsese made one terrible mistake near the end as well which robbed the plot of any tension.

Had little time for Captain Phillips, I'm afraid. When you know the ending it's hard to sustain suspense.

Gravity was well made but a bit boring, and Bullock's and Clooney's characters were, by necessity perhaps, inadequately drawn. Still, a fine exercise in film-making.

From 2013 I also really liked The Way, Way Back and The Kings Of Summer, and enjoyed Rush and Lincoln. Film of the year was the sublime Before Midnight.

If anyone has a link to American Hustle, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.putlocker.ws/file/0B1FB405E07E07EE

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Wolf of Wall St on 11:09 - Feb 10 with 1481 viewsthame_hoops

Wolf of Wall St on 10:44 - Feb 10 by simmo

WOWS was outstanding, it also clearly shows how the money was made, I spent 3 years selling small cap shares myself, some of the parallels were scary... But it showed the difference between Wall Street and that environment and also the difference between blue chip and small cap profit taking. Di Caprio was incredible but Jonah Hill was the surprise for me, I was unsure about him cast in this type of 'serious' role but he blew me away, great follow on from his last non comedy performance in Moneyball. It is also close to the source material if anybody has read the book?

12 years a slave was a bit too pandering for me, some outstanding perfromances, especially from Fassbender, but I felt really conscious that it was released with the oscars in mind. Not a bad film by any means, I just didn't really come away thinking it was brilliant or original in any way. Also Brad Pitt appointing himself as the fair and righteous 'hero', really took me out the movie.

Captain Phillips I thought was brilliant too, I didn't know the ending which obviously helped but thought the tension was well built and liked that they showed both sides of the story. the director is a documentary film maker typically and I think that was used to good effect for both sides. That one scene with Hanks near the end too, WOW.

Saw Dallas Buyers Club on Saturday, Leto was almost unrecognisable and McConaughey was terrific. For the last few years he has changed tack from the male rom com protaganist to play all sorts of strange and dark characters. Killer Joe, Mud, The Paperboy - all excellent and odd. He shoudl definitely get considered for this year.

""Killer Joe, Mud, The Paperboy - all excellent and odd"

here here, Its a McConaissance!
Wolf of Wall St on 11:11 - Feb 10 with 1478 viewsPommyhoop

Wolf of Wall St on 11:08 - Feb 10 by JonDoeman

http://www.putlocker.ws/file/0B1FB405E07E07EE

Cheers for that Jon..Nice 1..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Wolf of Wall St on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 1473 viewssimmo

Wolf of Wall St on 11:11 - Feb 10 by Pommyhoop

Cheers for that Jon..Nice 1..

Didn't rate American Hustle. Disappointing as with a cast like that I didn't expect to be bored for most of the film. THe end picked up a bit, but for the most part I wasn't bothered at all.

Jennifer Lawrence though.... I would dangle my nuts in a hornets nest just to drink her dirty bath water.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024