Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel in the news 14:36 - Feb 5 with 4786 viewsLoft1979

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/adel-taarabt-ac-milan-are-more-professi
Adel in the news on 14:42 - Feb 5 with 3664 viewslondonscottish

Fixed that link for ya

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/Spurs-QPR-Fulham-and AC-Milan-are-more-professional-than-Adel-Taarabt- #where-can-I-buy-a-kebab-in-Milan?.dpuf

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Adel in the news on 14:50 - Feb 5 with 3616 viewsbob566

no sh** sherlock. They're probably one of the biggest clubs in the world..
Adel in the news on 15:10 - Feb 5 with 3533 viewsdaveB

bit of a non story really, Milan are obviously a bigger club and Italian clubs are a lot more professional in approach to training and diet than english ones, could be the making of Adel but you never know really.
Adel in the news on 15:20 - Feb 5 with 3491 viewsBklynRanger

I still can't get my head round the fact that this has come off for him
Adel in the news on 15:25 - Feb 5 with 3469 viewssimmo

One of the greatest midfielders I have ever seen in my life.

Standing with Clarence Seedorf

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Adel in the news on 15:33 - Feb 5 with 3440 viewsdermyqpr

I take it he didnt feature at the weekend??
Adel in the news on 15:35 - Feb 5 with 3429 viewsToast_R

How long before his selfish behaviour upsets a few characters over there?
Adel in the news on 15:40 - Feb 5 with 3405 viewsstowmarketrange

Adel in the news on 15:33 - Feb 5 by dermyqpr

I hope he does this weekend.My tickets for Napoli v Milan arrived today.
Login to get fewer ads

Adel in the news on 15:48 - Feb 5 with 3377 viewsMedwayR

Funny that he's happy to judge the professionalism of the clubs he's played for but not himself...

Poll: Who’s better?

Adel in the news on 16:19 - Feb 5 with 3294 viewslondonscottish

P*ss taking aside I genuinely would love it work out for him but fear he feels he's arrived already. Calling himself the "Moroccan Baloteli" comparing himself to Seedorf, etc, etc.

He has a tremendous chance to prove himself at AM Milan. Let's hope he grabs it with both hands like (and I never thought I'd find myself writing this) the way Joey has grabbed his second chance at QPR this season.

Adel in the news on 16:40 - Feb 5 with 3225 viewsHAYESBOY

Adel in the news on 15:25 - Feb 5 by simmo

One of the greatest midfielders I have ever seen in my life.

Standing with Clarence Seedorf

That is as about as near as he will get to the first team. Sadly.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Adel in the news on 16:45 - Feb 5 with 3207 viewsmakaveli1882

Adel in the news on 15:40 - Feb 5 by stowmarketrange

I hope he does this weekend.My tickets for Napoli v Milan arrived today.

I really hope you get to see him play.... very jealous
Adel in the news on 16:50 - Feb 5 with 3193 viewsdaveB

Adel in the news on 16:19 - Feb 5 by londonscottish

P*ss taking aside I genuinely would love it work out for him but fear he feels he's arrived already. Calling himself the "Moroccan Baloteli" comparing himself to Seedorf, etc, etc.

He has a tremendous chance to prove himself at AM Milan. Let's hope he grabs it with both hands like (and I never thought I'd find myself writing this) the way Joey has grabbed his second chance at QPR this season.

Has he said all that about comparing himself to seedorf, would be surprised if he has
Adel in the news on 16:58 - Feb 5 with 3169 views100percent

I hope he plays and makes a huge name for himself. his performances in our title winning season were nothing short of spectacular - I will remember that season until I die.......
Adel in the news on 16:58 - Feb 5 with 3168 viewsNov77

On a broader note it's a pity that players of his ilk can't get a game in england.
Fulham have just dumped their three most skilful players, in berbatov, Ruiz and adel, automatically apportioning blame for their predicament on them, but their model professionals didn't do a lot better last night.

Similarly england needed a scapegoat and dumped Pieterson, their best player. Why? Because he didn't toe the line and fit in with the team ethic?
As michael Vaughan said, I'd like to know what he did that was 'unmanageable'.

It seems like these gits that are running sports teams have a mould of what a model pro should like, and they will batter players into that mould, and if they won't 'fit' then just get rid of them.

They think it's better to fail conventionally than take a risk on succeeding unconventionally (as warnock did).
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 17:00]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Adel in the news on 17:09 - Feb 5 with 3144 viewsdaveB

English football is built around work rate and running, players like Taarabt get a far bigger cheer when they tackle someone on the half way line than when they nutmeg someone on the halfway line. Those kids of players usually find far more joy when they go to France or Spain as the game is played at a different pace and is more about skill and technique

Thats not meant to be a dig at English football which I personally find more entertaining than the skillful stuff abroad.
Adel in the news on 17:36 - Feb 5 with 3078 viewssmegma

Has anyone told him his oystercard wont work on Milan buses ?
Adel in the news on 17:44 - Feb 5 with 3052 viewsstansleftfoot

The scales and demands of English Football ask for levels of fitness and professionalism that Adel Taarabt has failed to match.
He doesn't turn up for training regularly, he is often late, he fails to turn up for pre-season training, he has needed specific training to bring him up to a standard before he could join the rest of the squad in normal training sessions.
He has a much reported problem of gambling addiction.
Training regimes and Club management are not of a higher standard in Europe but they are different, they will also be different at different Clubs in the UK depending on the Managers culture, background and experience.
Adel Taarabt is a very young 24 years old, and is clearly excited and encouraged to train with Balotelli, Kaka, Mexes, Van Bommel, Ibrahimovich, Boateng, Robinho, etc, etc.
Adel may have sensed that AC Milan treat players like those listed above differently than Fulham treat Paul Parker, Damian Duff,etc, it's a different culture certainly.
My feeling is that Adel will continue to struggle until he deals with problems he appears to be blaming others for himself....regardless of which or how "professional" the Club he plays for!
AC Milan are a Club in a kind of crisis comparative to their history, Adel has the skills, does he have the professionalism and the temperament to take this incredible chance, I'll be streaming the Napoli v AC Game and every other opportunity to watch this mesmeric Footballer. I wish him luck and some self discipline.
Adel in the news on 17:50 - Feb 5 with 3037 viewsRblockPrior

Adel in the news on 17:09 - Feb 5 by daveB

English football is built around work rate and running, players like Taarabt get a far bigger cheer when they tackle someone on the half way line than when they nutmeg someone on the halfway line. Those kids of players usually find far more joy when they go to France or Spain as the game is played at a different pace and is more about skill and technique

Thats not meant to be a dig at English football which I personally find more entertaining than the skillful stuff abroad.

totally agree and you make a good point

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Adel in the news on 17:57 - Feb 5 with 3010 viewsFredManRave

Adel in the news on 15:33 - Feb 5 by dermyqpr

Wasn't in the squad.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Adel in the news on 19:00 - Feb 5 with 2900 viewsdermyqpr

Adel in the news on 17:44 - Feb 5 by stansleftfoot

The scales and demands of English Football ask for levels of fitness and professionalism that Adel Taarabt has failed to match.
He doesn't turn up for training regularly, he is often late, he fails to turn up for pre-season training, he has needed specific training to bring him up to a standard before he could join the rest of the squad in normal training sessions.
Training regimes and Club management are not of a higher standard in Europe but they are different, they will also be different at different Clubs in the UK depending on the Managers culture, background and experience.
Adel Taarabt is a very young 24 years old, and is clearly excited and encouraged to train with Balotelli, Kaka, Mexes, Van Bommel, Ibrahimovich, Boateng, Robinho, etc, etc.
Adel may have sensed that AC Milan treat players like those listed above differently than Fulham treat Paul Parker, Damian Duff,etc, it's a different culture certainly.
My feeling is that Adel will continue to struggle until he deals with problems he appears to be blaming others for himself....regardless of which or how "professional" the Club he plays for!
AC Milan are a Club in a kind of crisis comparative to their history, Adel has the skills, does he have the professionalism and the temperament to take this incredible chance, I'll be streaming the Napoli v AC Game and every other opportunity to watch this mesmeric Footballer. I wish him luck and some self discipline.

This
Adel in the news on 19:33 - Feb 5 with 2847 viewsMrSheen

Adel in the news on 17:44 - Feb 5 by stansleftfoot

Good points, but he might have a problem training with Ibra at the moment, and arguably Robinho and Balotelli aren't the influences he needs. I'd always imagined he'd end up at one of the bigger,skinter Mediterranean clubs, such as Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Marseille or Valencia, where they wouldn't expect the best and most effective but demand flamboyance, but perhaps doing well at Milan might bump up any fee we get.
Adel in the news on 21:17 - Feb 5 with 2751 viewsFredManRave

Adel in the news on 16:50 - Feb 5 by daveB

Has he said all that about comparing himself to seedorf, would be surprised if he has

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26056170

Adel Taarabt compares himself to Mario Balotelli at AC Milan

Adel Taarabt has described himself as the "Balotelli of Morocco" after joining former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli at AC Milan.

The 24-year-old midfielder, who spent the first half of the campaign at Fulham, is on loan with the Rossoneri from QPR until the end of the season.

"I thought 'they've got the Italian Balotelli and now they're going to have the Balotelli of Morocco'," he said.

"I can't wait to get to know Balotelli better and to become his friend."

Mario Balotelli and then-Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini had to be separated as tempers flared at the club's training ground in January 2013

Taarabt has scored seven goals in 79 Premier League appearances, compared to Balotelli's record of 20 in 54 top-flight games during his time at Etihad Stadium.

However, like 23-year-old Balotelli, he has had several high-profile disagreements with managers.

After being substituted at half-time when QPR were 3-0 down away to Fulham in October 2011, Taarabt left the ground early as his side slid to a 6-0 defeat.

He retired from international football in June 2011 after a disagreement with then-Morocco coach Eric Gerets. before reversing his decision four months later.

But Taarabt denies that he will cause any problems for Clarence Seedorf, who is only a few weeks into his first coaching job after taking on the AC Milan role in January.

"I haven't got a difficult character. Perhaps some find it hard to accept direct and sincere people," said Taarabt.

"I'm really the complete opposite. I like to joke and this can be misinterpreted."

Taarabt could make his debut for Milan, who are 10th in Serie A, in their away match against Napoli on Saturday.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Adel in the news on 21:28 - Feb 5 with 2729 viewslondonscottish

Adel in the news on 16:50 - Feb 5 by daveB

Can't find it now but it was along the lines of the fact that he is delighted to be playing in the position Seedorf used to play, etc

It's all a bit cringeworthy - like when he used to say "They have compared me to Zidane" and so on.

I don't wish him any harm, I just think he believes he's arrived whereas he's just on the start of another journey.

Hope he digs deep and makes the most of his amazing (raw) talent.

Otherwise AC Milan will get bored with him and the merry go round will start again.

Adel in the news on 22:40 - Feb 5 with 2629 viewsRangersAreBack

Adel judging professionalism? Pot, kettle, black.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024