Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio wales 01:01 - Feb 2 with 6131 viewsGeoffThom

Did anyone hear this alleged statement by laudrup that he didn't know anything about emnes and that he was told he was a good player when here before??
Radio wales on 01:11 - Feb 2 with 3910 viewsClydachjack

Yeah I heard it, said he didn't know anything about him. Said so on twitter and got slated for it.
Radio wales on 06:32 - Feb 2 with 3711 viewsDr_Winston

So someone in a position of power at the club thinks Emnes is a Premier League player and can get us to sign him.

That is all kinds of scary.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Radio wales on 06:48 - Feb 2 with 3687 viewsJackbustard

I'd say so yes, we've been laughing at Cardiff for similar on goings. Surely the chairman signing players the manager has no knowledge of is worrying.

We were speaking to a well know board member over in Valencia and one of the things he told us was about Emnes and what he called Jenkins obsession with him and getting him back down here.
He and others just couldn't understand it.

For me this is confirmation that all is not well down there as this is quite clearly a Jenkins decision with the manager having no input what so ever.
Radio wales on 08:02 - Feb 2 with 3570 viewsThaiJack

Is Jenkins buying for the Championship or what?

I so envy Hull at the moment, bringing in Jelavic and Holtby shows some purpose, just for that they deserve to finish above us.
Radio wales on 08:06 - Feb 2 with 3557 viewsLiam12345

Radio wales on 08:02 - Feb 2 by ThaiJack

Is Jenkins buying for the Championship or what?

I so envy Hull at the moment, bringing in Jelavic and Holtby shows some purpose, just for that they deserve to finish above us.

holtby is on loan at fulham not hull but long an jelavic still two good players.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Radio wales on 08:19 - Feb 2 with 3530 viewsThaiJack

Sure I messed it up.

Long, Jelavic or Holtby any of them would be good. But I guess we do not have that kind of money or what?
Radio wales on 08:33 - Feb 2 with 3476 viewsblaine_scfc

If that is true, which I believe it is and there are probably a few other players in the same bracket. I have no confidence in Huw Jenkins remaining as chairman, I fully expect to be slated for that, but chairman with no footballing experience apart from the business end of things signing players is a massive no go in my opinion, and can't carry on.

Appoint a manager, back him with funds that we can afford and let him select his players.
Radio wales on 08:35 - Feb 2 with 3440 viewsJackfath

I wonder which players were MLs choice and who were his targets in January?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Radio wales on 08:36 - Feb 2 with 3453 viewsshandyjack

When is the next fans forum, this surely needs to be heavily brought up. Chairmen (not even a director of football) should not be bringing in players that our manager knows nothing about or hasn't signed off on. The whole scouting system needs to change, we should be looking further afield than championship, scotland and Spain

Poll: Expectation for the season

Radio wales on 08:37 - Feb 2 with 3446 viewsWarwickHunt

Radio wales on 06:32 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

So someone in a position of power at the club thinks Emnes is a Premier League player and can get us to sign him.

That is all kinds of scary.

Three guesses who that is...

Megalomania anyone?
Radio wales on 08:38 - Feb 2 with 3440 viewsJackbustard

Radio wales on 08:33 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

If that is true, which I believe it is and there are probably a few other players in the same bracket. I have no confidence in Huw Jenkins remaining as chairman, I fully expect to be slated for that, but chairman with no footballing experience apart from the business end of things signing players is a massive no go in my opinion, and can't carry on.

Appoint a manager, back him with funds that we can afford and let him select his players.

I always thought it was just paper talk with Emnes until said conversation with a well known member of our board, even he was slating him for it.

The fact he is allowed to bring in a player who quite frankly wasn't that good in the championship now without the say of his manager really does start me questioning Jenkins, he's the chairman not a scout or manager and should be sticking to the business side of things and never be involved in brining in players.
Radio wales on 08:42 - Feb 2 with 3416 viewstomdickharry

Doesn't say much for Laudrup as a Manager,but he's honest enough to admit it publicly and for that you must give him some credence.Jenkins should have been wrapped over the knuckles if not more for messing up the Ki loan,how much is he on £200K+,matter swept under the table.
Radio wales on 08:43 - Feb 2 with 3413 viewsMattG

I think depends whether Laudrup had any targets of his own.

If he didn't but Huw or whoever suggested Emnes as another body just in case, that's one thing and I wouldn't expect to see Emnes anywhere near the teamsheet for the rest of the season.

If he did but they were rejected and he was told that he was getting Emnes instead, that's another, much more worrying thing altogether and I wouldn't be surprised to see Laudrup walk.

However, if it was the latter, I think he'd have gone already. Also surprised (pleasantly) that we haven't heard from Tutumlu in all of this.....yet.
Radio wales on 08:44 - Feb 2 with 3408 viewsblaine_scfc

Radio wales on 08:42 - Feb 2 by tomdickharry

Doesn't say much for Laudrup as a Manager,but he's honest enough to admit it publicly and for that you must give him some credence.Jenkins should have been wrapped over the knuckles if not more for messing up the Ki loan,how much is he on £200K+,matter swept under the table.

How's Laudrup to blame for this?
Radio wales on 08:46 - Feb 2 with 3401 viewscrackerjack

Wasn't this one of the main reasons ML fell out with his previous Chairmen in La Liga & Russia? And wasn't he given assurances that would not happen here?

If Jenkins & Co. have indeed been making decisions around players without ML's input then surely there's no doubt we will be looking for a new manager over the summer.

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Radio wales on 08:47 - Feb 2 with 3391 viewsRobRecordeFan

Radio wales on 08:43 - Feb 2 by MattG

I think depends whether Laudrup had any targets of his own.

If he didn't but Huw or whoever suggested Emnes as another body just in case, that's one thing and I wouldn't expect to see Emnes anywhere near the teamsheet for the rest of the season.

If he did but they were rejected and he was told that he was getting Emnes instead, that's another, much more worrying thing altogether and I wouldn't be surprised to see Laudrup walk.

However, if it was the latter, I think he'd have gone already. Also surprised (pleasantly) that we haven't heard from Tutumlu in all of this.....yet.

Such a shame the Evil Lord Tumultus completely fcuked up last season as surely it has decreased team Laudrup's overall chances of making super signings.
Radio wales on 08:50 - Feb 2 with 3372 viewsblaine_scfc

Radio wales on 08:47 - Feb 2 by RobRecordeFan

Such a shame the Evil Lord Tumultus completely fcuked up last season as surely it has decreased team Laudrup's overall chances of making super signings.

Laudrups signings the year previous were quality and got us a trophy and Europe. Without Tutuloco we haven't had as much success. Maybe he's the one laughing now at us.
Radio wales on 08:52 - Feb 2 with 3343 viewsDr_Winston

Radio wales on 08:37 - Feb 2 by WarwickHunt

Three guesses who that is...

Megalomania anyone?

Someone needs to have a word with him and let him know it's not on. Should be some sort of check in place to limit his ability to do stuff like this. Say, a fans representative on the board?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Radio wales on 08:53 - Feb 2 with 3326 viewstomdickharry

Radio wales on 08:44 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

How's Laudrup to blame for this?

Because as our Manager he should have told Jenkisn he didn't want him,full stop.Assuming of course Jenkins signed Emnes.
Radio wales on 08:55 - Feb 2 with 3302 viewsRobRecordeFan

Radio wales on 08:50 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Laudrups signings the year previous were quality and got us a trophy and Europe. Without Tutuloco we haven't had as much success. Maybe he's the one laughing now at us.

I was unclear: I didn't mean last season's signings weren't overall a success. By fu*king up I meant he acted in a way that had to mean he would be an outcast at this club.
Radio wales on 08:56 - Feb 2 with 3297 viewswaynekerr55

Radio wales on 08:52 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

Someone needs to have a word with him and let him know it's not on. Should be some sort of check in place to limit his ability to do stuff like this. Say, a fans representative on the board?

or the rest of the board members doing their job. Just a thought

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Radio wales on 09:03 - Feb 2 with 3244 viewsblaine_scfc

Radio wales on 08:53 - Feb 2 by tomdickharry

Because as our Manager he should have told Jenkisn he didn't want him,full stop.Assuming of course Jenkins signed Emnes.

He may well have done that.
Radio wales on 09:07 - Feb 2 with 3220 viewsDr_Winston

Radio wales on 08:56 - Feb 2 by waynekerr55

or the rest of the board members doing their job. Just a thought

Depends on what their jobs are. Jenkins is the only full timer down there isn't he?

Radio wales on 09:18 - Feb 2 with 3161 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 08:47 - Feb 2 by RobRecordeFan

Maybe Tooty-Fruity's crime last year was telling Jenkins he was off his head wanting to sign Emnes?

In any case I'd much rather have Laudrup concentrating on managing the team rather than conducting trench warfare with the Chairman over his attempts to sign dross for the first team. Jesus wept.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Radio wales on 09:26 - Feb 2 with 3100 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 09:07 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

Depends on what their jobs are. Jenkins is the only full timer down there isn't he?

In similar ownership situations to that of the club, you often have a shareholders' agreement that amongst other things sets out what are the responsibilities of the board and management respectively.

However, these types of documents invariably fail to spell out what are the detailed responsibilities of individual management team members.

Time to get that put in place it would seem, since the actions of Jenkins are for me another manifestation of his absence of confidence in Laudrup, to go with that Observer article from before the last derby.

I think that perspective is in itself deeply misguided, but if what is preventing him from sacking the guy is that he is too f*cking tight with his own money then that would be criminal.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024