Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many....... 10:57 - Feb 4 with 8652 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

..... of us on here have actually played or been involved in some kind of event or game (round the pole etc) on the hallowed turf (or plastic) of Loftus Road?

I haven't, apart from end of season pitch invasion but always wanted to. There must be some stories out there?
How many....... on 13:36 - Feb 6 with 1385 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How many....... on 13:13 - Feb 4 by smegma

Who can forget the hat-trick boy eh ?? Dave Thomas took a neat free kick as well ....

Yes, who could forget? What with him reminding us about it every day. For years!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How many....... on 14:22 - Feb 6 with 1362 viewsisawqpratwcity

How many....... on 12:28 - Feb 6 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Remember that game well. I stand to be corrected but think we were 4-1 down and eventually lost 4-2 with Bridges scoring the last from a Marsh pass.

You may be right! My memory is that it was still to be won, but fair enough.

Bridges gets rubbished on here, but I thought he was pretty good.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How many....... on 14:50 - Feb 6 with 1351 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

How many....... on 14:22 - Feb 6 by isawqpratwcity

You may be right! My memory is that it was still to be won, but fair enough.

Bridges gets rubbished on here, but I thought he was pretty good.

I did too. Fast as f*ck. Good times nonetheless and agree the old memory can play tricks as we have so many games to recall.
How many....... on 14:50 - Feb 6 with 1350 viewsHarps1609

I was a mascot when we played Liverpool on our return to the top flight in 1983.
We lost 1-0 which did hurt, but the rest of the day was amazing!!!
How many....... on 16:05 - Feb 6 with 1330 viewsLoomesy

Play almost every year when thet budget allows it!!
You can buy/sponsor a shirt which you can choose 45 mins or 90 mins home or away kit.
www.footballaid.com
Its the best crack ever especially if you can get a few of you together.
They only used to do one game each year but then went to two due to being in the Prem.
Think it may still be two this year and often get late cancellations if you keep an eye on it.
played at the end of each season. Andy Evans normally there.
Ps I do not work for them!!
Forgot to say all goes to charity too!!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 16:06]
How many....... on 17:35 - Feb 6 with 1311 viewsMatch82

Did round the pole once.
First bloke fell over about 6 times, but ended up scoring
Second bloke was like a greyhound - the cheeky sod had even bought a pair of boots with him - but hit it straight at Jude
I was up last, took my time, attempted to curl it into the top corner.... and shanked it.

Cue several hundred fans in the lower loft telling me how shite I was (harsh but definitely fair)

Did get to stand in the tunnel while the players were coming into the dressing rooms though - all I remember is Bircham giving one of their players a right earful!
How many....... on 09:02 - Feb 7 with 1280 viewsMonahoop

Walked on to the edge of the plastic pitch after a game back in the 80's just to retrieve a couple of 50p coins that had been thrown on thrown pitch at half time!
It was a game against Crystal Palace where during the second half, a bunch of their unfashionably clad bootboy fools stormed onto the pitch from the School End in an attempt, I can only assume to attack the Loft at the other end. They failed miserably. Anyway, at half time some scantily clad dolly birds were parading around the pitch touting for some charity. They were waving buckets and folk in the crowd were lobbing coins at them [or the buckets] from all angles. Bloody dangerous. How no one got hurt is beyond me. I think at some point the girls had to stop their charity round as things were looking perilous for them. When the game resumed I noticed tantilisingly in front of me as I was standing at the front in the stand, two shiny 50p coins just inside the pitch. I hoped no one else would notice them as I explained to my brother who was with me that I was going to get them when the game ended. I kept a beady eye on those coins for the entire half. The linesman never saw them nor did any of the players upset them when they ventured nearby or any Palace caveman who came nearby during their hopeless charge. The final whistle blew. QPR won 1-0. The players went into the tunnel and I leapt over the wall and onto the pitch to retrieve the £1 booty. I jumped back into the stand again just as two lumbering flatfeet came towards me. I melted into the crowd before they could do anything. My one and only venture onto our hallowed pitch or Subbuteo board as it was then.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024