Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? 19:28 - Feb 11 with 1259 viewsBklynRanger

I'm thinking about talking the wife into going there in April. We'd be looking to hire a cabin or a cottage, do a bit of driving, eating, drinking, walking and photography. 3 or 4 days.

Does anyone have suggestions on a quiet, beautiful area or a particular place to stay? I haven't set foot in Scotland for at least 10 years.

We don't mind driving a bit further than Loch Lomond if there are things worth seeing that time of year.

Cheers in advance.
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 19:42 - Feb 11 with 1250 viewsQPRMUSO

Hi Bklyn, I can recommend this hotel and you often get good deals. Cameron House (not the PM's)

http://www.devere-hotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/cameron-house.html
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 19:56 - Feb 11 with 1229 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks, Muso. That may be beyond this years budget but I'll look into it - looks beautiful.
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:14 - Feb 11 with 1182 viewsonlyrinmoray

As someone who lives in jockland I can recommend the Trossachs area just north of Loch Lomand very scenic hills and lochs Aberfoyle or Callendar nice wee toons
Plan B Ballachulish further north but stunning scenery lots of nice band bs and hotels on the side of the loch with great views of the mountains If the weather is like last summer youre sorted If not bring your wellies
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:33 - Feb 11 with 1169 viewsBklynRanger

Cheers, Moray. I've done some interesting googling already.

If you're still on, are you calling Ballaculish 'Plan B' because you prefer the Trossachs or just because its a bit farther?

Or am I just reading too much into the words 'Plan B'?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 22:37]
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:47 - Feb 11 with 1157 viewsonlyrinmoray

Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:33 - Feb 11 by BklynRanger

Cheers, Moray. I've done some interesting googling already.

If you're still on, are you calling Ballaculish 'Plan B' because you prefer the Trossachs or just because its a bit farther?

Or am I just reading too much into the words 'Plan B'?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 22:37]

Brooklyn Ballahulish is about an hours drive north of Loch Lomond but the bonus is you have to drive through Glencoe on a windy road with huge mountains on each side of the road
Great for scenic photography The Trossachs are closer but have a miniture charm in comparison to Glencoe which is huge and impressive You could have a few days in each area
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:52 - Feb 11 with 1151 viewschris1969

Drive from Loch Lomand to Loch Fyne fantastic scenary and rent loch side cottages nr Cairndow.

Great area and beautiful not to mention pubs and whisky
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:53 - Feb 11 with 1149 viewsBklynRanger

Great. I'll probably start looking into cottages in Glencoe. I have a friend who loves hiking and he's gone on about the place in the past.
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:54 - Feb 11 with 1145 viewsBklynRanger

Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:52 - Feb 11 by chris1969

Drive from Loch Lomand to Loch Fyne fantastic scenary and rent loch side cottages nr Cairndow.

Great area and beautiful not to mention pubs and whisky

Cheers, Chris. I'll have a look.
Login to get fewer ads

Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:57 - Feb 11 with 1143 viewsted_hendrix

Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 22:53 - Feb 11 by BklynRanger

Great. I'll probably start looking into cottages in Glencoe. I have a friend who loves hiking and he's gone on about the place in the past.

Mate, I worked just outside Tillicoultry a beautiful place and as the locals kept telling me Tillicoultry is in the smallest county in Scotland, the county has a strange name, the further North you went the scenery just got better.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 23:05 - Feb 11 with 1133 viewsYorkRanger

A number of years back we stayed in a log cabin (may have been owned by the Forestry Commission) on the banks of Loch Awe. Not far south of Oban.

Absolutely breathtaking scenery
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 23:11 - Feb 11 with 1128 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks, Ted - looks like that'll be Clackmannanshire - I'd have to stay sober to pronounce that.

Thanks, York - if you happen to remember how you booked that I'll be all ears (or all eyes I suppose)
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 23:12]
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 23:18 - Feb 11 with 1120 viewsYorkRanger

Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 23:11 - Feb 11 by BklynRanger

Thanks, Ted - looks like that'll be Clackmannanshire - I'd have to stay sober to pronounce that.

Thanks, York - if you happen to remember how you booked that I'll be all ears (or all eyes I suppose)
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 23:12]

Google Loch Awe Log Cabins - there are a couple of options...
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 00:41 - Feb 12 with 1098 viewsTacticalR

After the Scottish independence thread I have to say I am worried about BklynRanger being murdered in his bed by rebellious Scots.

Air hostess clique

Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 02:17 - Feb 12 with 1091 viewsBklynRanger

Dinnae fret hen, turns out the fcuking car ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan is 264 quid these days! What a colossal rip job.

So thanks again for the suggestions gents but it looks like we'll be exploring the mysterious reaches of the Irish Republic. (Stay tuned for another thread on that I suppose...)
Loch Lomond and around there - Any recommendations? on 21:57 - Feb 12 with 1031 viewsCharlie1

Trossachs was really nice

Prostitute yourself and spend a night at Cameron House.
Just PM you.

2:59 baby!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024