Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Remy Test 08:30 - Feb 16 with 3009 viewsstansleftfoot

As Newcastle start negotiations with Remy to make his loan permanent are they just putting the price up for the big Clubs or just testing Tony Fernandes's long term commitment to keeping our best players?
I can't imagine we'll be looking to sell Remy until we know which division we are going to play in and even then we'd wait until fully crazed summer transfer window opens.
For me Remy is a very special striker, I would love to see him in the Hoops again in the Premiership, I hope we hang on, either to keep him or get the big money he's truely worth. We should be looking to treble our money, if not more, so there's enough in the deal to let him go but get some good young players in.
The Remy Test on 10:08 - Feb 16 with 2817 viewsfrancisbowles

Are they trying to tie up a deal with him and then activate a release clause before other clubs can get to him?
The Remy Test on 10:12 - Feb 16 with 2803 viewseghamranger

Can't see Remy making a decision soon. Newcastle playing poorly and not safe yet, rumours of Pardew getting sacked etc etc. He wants to get in the French squad and will make a decision depending also where we are next seasn.
The Remy Test on 10:16 - Feb 16 with 2794 viewsted_hendrix

Got no idea of his value at the moment, were we to get promoted you'd imagine we'd almost build the team around him and I shudder to think how much that would cost.
He's a huge financial asset to the club, having said that should his form dip between now and the end of the season so would his value probably, the World cup is gonna be a nuisance regarding next seasons squad for a lot of Prem clubs.
I hope we keep him, its not often we have a proven goal scorer on our books and when we do one of them goes on loan and the other one gets injured for half of the season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Remy Test on 10:24 - Feb 16 with 2764 viewsTacticalR

The Remy Test on 10:12 - Feb 16 by eghamranger

Can't see Remy making a decision soon. Newcastle playing poorly and not safe yet, rumours of Pardew getting sacked etc etc. He wants to get in the French squad and will make a decision depending also where we are next seasn.

I thought Newcastle was the French squad.

Air hostess clique

The Remy Test on 10:32 - Feb 16 with 2741 viewspomanjou

The Remy Test on 10:16 - Feb 16 by ted_hendrix

Got no idea of his value at the moment, were we to get promoted you'd imagine we'd almost build the team around him and I shudder to think how much that would cost.
He's a huge financial asset to the club, having said that should his form dip between now and the end of the season so would his value probably, the World cup is gonna be a nuisance regarding next seasons squad for a lot of Prem clubs.
I hope we keep him, its not often we have a proven goal scorer on our books and when we do one of them goes on loan and the other one gets injured for half of the season.

The matter is entirely in Remy's hands as to where he goes.

Newcastle can have him at the already agreed price which reflects the £2m they have already paid for the seasonal loan. Remy can veto that. He is likely to do that because Newcastle have a very strict earnings cap which is below what he can potentially earn.

We can sell him to someone else for loads of money but if he can get a better personal deal elsewhere, he can veto that.

So his personal deal will take precedent over any megafee which we can negotiate.

A permanent move to Newcastle is therefore very unlikely and a move to ManCity, Arsenal or the like will probably get us and him the maximum dosh.

edit: Pardew is not getting sacked.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 10:34]

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

The Remy Test on 10:34 - Feb 16 with 2720 viewsdaveB

I think he'll go to Arsenal or Sours in the summer, still can't beleive Wenger didn't make a move for him last summer
The Remy Test on 10:42 - Feb 16 with 2701 viewsted_hendrix

The Remy Test on 10:32 - Feb 16 by pomanjou

The matter is entirely in Remy's hands as to where he goes.

Newcastle can have him at the already agreed price which reflects the £2m they have already paid for the seasonal loan. Remy can veto that. He is likely to do that because Newcastle have a very strict earnings cap which is below what he can potentially earn.

We can sell him to someone else for loads of money but if he can get a better personal deal elsewhere, he can veto that.

So his personal deal will take precedent over any megafee which we can negotiate.

A permanent move to Newcastle is therefore very unlikely and a move to ManCity, Arsenal or the like will probably get us and him the maximum dosh.

edit: Pardew is not getting sacked.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 10:34]

Well I don't understand these release clauses tbh, I thought the £2 million fee was just that a fee for borrowing him so to speak.

We'll see where he ends up I suppose but I have a feeling it wont be with us so whichever way possible we must do everything we can to get as much money as possible.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Remy Test on 11:00 - Feb 16 with 2660 viewsHollowayRanger

if he/agent has a brain they will wait till after the world cup IF he puts on a good show there world could be his oyster

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

The Remy Test on 11:03 - Feb 16 with 2641 viewsrrrspricey

Can't see Pardew getting sacked, he signed a 7 year deal last season so it'd cost a fortune to get rid.
The Remy Test on 11:27 - Feb 16 with 2567 viewsQPR442

The boy Remy will be back at Rangers if we go up.
Not going to Newcastle as he wants London.
wont go to Arsenal because Wenger had his chance before and wasn't interested. Maybe an outside bet would be Spuds but from the comments that came out of our club suggested that he would be back.
The Remy Test on 12:58 - Feb 16 with 2459 viewskensalriser

He won't be at Newcastle for all the reasons quoted above and I don't think he'll be with us, either. If we're promoted I can't see him wanting to play for a side that will be fighting to stay up and if we're not he'll certainly be off.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024