Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat 10:57 - Mar 16 with 9603 viewsswancity

Is laughable.

Suddenly, following the narrowest of defeats, an unlucky one at that, the players are heartless, gutless, clueless, the manager doesn't know what he is doing, the chairman is interfering too much and the tea lady isn't doing her job properly.

We played quite well in the first half yesterday and were undone by two moments of quality from sessegnon and mulumbu was it? It was a game of few chances, may be quite even and certainly neither keeper was involved too often. A draw would have been a fair result but football doesn't work like that. We certainly delivered over 30 crosses into their defensive area and on another day would have been clear by half time.

We will bounce back. The concern of course is that one point from the two home games v palace and Albion has meant that we are in trouble. So are 10 other clubs.

For 11 seasons we have been used to winning and progressing. It's now a case of steadying the ship and steady it we will. It's not a time for hysteria. And neither is it justified.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:21 - Mar 16 with 1352 viewsDull1Thomas

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:13 - Mar 16 by swancity

But they were not.

Vorm was hardly troubled. Neither was their keeper apart from his good save to deny Bony.

We deserved a point but it wasn't to be.

So the defence was excellent in keeping efforts down to two … both of which Vorm watched going passed him?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:21 - Mar 16 with 1352 viewsOdgaard

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:11 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

Yeah, played well first half , unfortunatly the game lasts for 90-94 mins .

Forget the window dressing this was as piss poor as it gets for me, every single Jack in the whole world knew how fookin' important the last 2 games were and we fooked it right up .

Blame ? well,take your choice really. Monk is clueless,the board were clueless in appointing him, the players and in particular our captain were short in giving the required effort and professionalism.

Surely if we cant beat 2 crap teams like Palace and WBA, and lets be honest they were crap, then do we then expect to be going to Everton and Arsenal to get those points there instead ?

No point in painting positive just for the sake of it we are right in the mire and its looking like a free fall to relegation for me.

Laudrup got stick for not competing with the big teams(that was a joke in itself) but at least he could beat the lower teams, monk cant do either! with almost a fully fit squad of players,a luxury that Laudrup didnt have but got saced for !!

The main question should really be why sack a decent manager and have no experienced replacement? do we as a club think so short term we react in desperation and employ a player to manage in the premier league on our behalf in the middle of a relegation battle ?

That is muppetry of the highest order and it now looks like we will pay the ultimate price.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 11:12]

spot on!
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:28 - Mar 16 with 1339 viewsC_jack

I'm quite content this morning, no way can GM be given the job full time, so let's concentrate on getting the points to stay up, if he does that then he'll cement his status at the club without a doubt.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:28 - Mar 16 with 1339 viewsOdgaard

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:18 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

What a top team like West Ham?

You cant compare these two games,

West Ham
Away
3 game in a week
Many injuries, could not sub any actually
West Ham have been terrific since with solid defence and Kick and rush tactics
Did not use any profiles or starter in the cup two days before the game...

West Brom
bad Shape, not impressive. FIrst win in a long time.
Direct opponent
Home-field Advantage
More players available than the game Against West Ham
14 days break of games.

These things are why i think this defeat is a disaster.. Because, there is no excuses this time... We just loss to a who could easily be our main opponent in relegation fight! I personally think Sunderland is to strong to relegate, which means its a game between us, norwich and West Brom
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:33 - Mar 16 with 1321 viewsSpratty

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:18 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

What a top team like West Ham?

West Ham who after holding Chelsea to a draw at the bridge, won every match in Feb home and away starting with us and for which Sam won manager of the month. Pretty good form I would say. Beating each team by a margin of 2 and only conceding 1 goal in that whole period (when they beat Southampton 3-1).

Didn't they also hold the record for highest number of clean sheets in the PL.

Now remind me about West Brom's record - oh yes
1 win in last 19
Lost their last 10 away
Lucky for us they were missing some of their top players
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:35 - Mar 16 with 1313 viewsexiledclaseboy

This isn't an overreaction. We are deep in the sh*t.

Poll: Tory leader

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:43 - Mar 16 with 1295 viewsBaptist

It's laughable that the OP thinks that there has been a hysterical over-reaction.

I really thought we'd pull up out of this. Now I'm not sure we will or can..

Gutted....
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:45 - Mar 16 with 1289 viewsexiledclaseboy

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:43 - Mar 16 by Baptist

It's laughable that the OP thinks that there has been a hysterical over-reaction.

I really thought we'd pull up out of this. Now I'm not sure we will or can..

Gutted....

I think we'll stumble over the line by virtue of other sides not being able to get enough point to overhaul us. That's the hope I'm clinging to at the moment anyway.

Everton and Arsenal away next though. Oh dear.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:53 - Mar 16 with 1268 viewsPhaedrus

The happy clapper in me sees an historic result at Everton ( I'm hoping he doesn't mean 37 - 0)
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 12:53]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:55 - Mar 16 with 1261 viewsicecoldjack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:45 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

I think we'll stumble over the line by virtue of other sides not being able to get enough point to overhaul us. That's the hope I'm clinging to at the moment anyway.

Everton and Arsenal away next though. Oh dear.

I hope your right fella.

Id like to see us ask serious questions of how our club is being run too, didnt 90% of jacks think putting monk in charge was a massive gamble? so why do it ?

Why sack laudrup when he had massive injuries to deal with,why sack him with no proper guy to take control,why listen to opinions of some senior players?

There are alot of issues that we as fans have let slide because they saved the club, its about time we start asking uncomfortable questions, i feel there are ego's in the boardroom starting to beleive they're own hype a bit too much and the end result is looking pretty grim because of it !!

There are issues to look at and questions to ask thats for sure.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:58 - Mar 16 with 1253 viewsDr_Winston

We sacked Laudrup because we'd been crap for the best part of a year (long before these injuries that were supposed to have made it difficult for him kicked in) and he showed little ability or inclination to change that.

Let's stop pretending that he was hard done by.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:04 - Mar 16 with 1240 viewsC_jack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:58 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

We sacked Laudrup because we'd been crap for the best part of a year (long before these injuries that were supposed to have made it difficult for him kicked in) and he showed little ability or inclination to change that.

The revisionism wheel is starting to roll.

Many people backed the sacking of Laudrup (apart from a few Danes)and suggestions that the majority didn't want him to be dismissed are laughable.

People backed Monk, primarily because we were on the verge of a massive derby game, and we all knew he had it in him to motivate the players (which is all we needed for that game). As time went on, it became obvious to some (and gradually, the majority after yesterday) that he simply cannot provide anything to the job but a rousing team talk, which is not enough.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 13:04]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:05 - Mar 16 with 1229 viewsDull1Thomas

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:55 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

I hope your right fella.

Id like to see us ask serious questions of how our club is being run too, didnt 90% of jacks think putting monk in charge was a massive gamble? so why do it ?

Why sack laudrup when he had massive injuries to deal with,why sack him with no proper guy to take control,why listen to opinions of some senior players?

There are alot of issues that we as fans have let slide because they saved the club, its about time we start asking uncomfortable questions, i feel there are ego's in the boardroom starting to beleive they're own hype a bit too much and the end result is looking pretty grim because of it !!

There are issues to look at and questions to ask thats for sure.

not sure that 90% is right - I recall a warm welcome as was evident with the'Super Garry Monk' chants yesterday.

Why the change?

ML = Johnny foreigner
GM = Roy of the Rovers, slinky Brit.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:09 - Mar 16 with 1214 viewsShaky

You conveniently keep forgetting that we played the second half of last season without a recognised striker following the sale of Danny Graham during the January window; a consensual decision that appealed the scrooge in Jenkins.

You don't consider that a handicap?

Jessssus -- Talk about revisionism.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 1201 viewsRobRecordeFan

You do realise, that the teams we realistically, with present form, need to get our points from are not clearly weaker overall then the two teams part of the relegation show that we have gotten 1 point from in the last 2 matches?

Your argument about 30 passes and another day is off as the second of our main problems lately have been inefficiency.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:15 - Mar 16 with 1180 viewsDr_Winston

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:09 - Mar 16 by Shaky

You conveniently keep forgetting that we played the second half of last season without a recognised striker following the sale of Danny Graham during the January window; a consensual decision that appealed the scrooge in Jenkins.

You don't consider that a handicap?

Jessssus -- Talk about revisionism.

Laudrup chose to move Graham on. If he had wanted Graham to stay he would have. He showed little interest in using him whilst he was here, mostly preferring Michu or Shechter instead.

His choice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:16 - Mar 16 with 1174 viewslifelong

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:04 - Mar 16 by C_jack

The revisionism wheel is starting to roll.

Many people backed the sacking of Laudrup (apart from a few Danes)and suggestions that the majority didn't want him to be dismissed are laughable.

People backed Monk, primarily because we were on the verge of a massive derby game, and we all knew he had it in him to motivate the players (which is all we needed for that game). As time went on, it became obvious to some (and gradually, the majority after yesterday) that he simply cannot provide anything to the job but a rousing team talk, which is not enough.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 13:04]

I disagree, many people I know we're amazed we sacked Laudrup, my criticism would be the timing of the sacking, if we were crap for the past 12 months, as people are suggesting, surely he should have been sacked last summer and a suitable replacement employed to start the new season.

To sack him when we did without a suitable, experienced manager ready to take over was just ludicrous.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:18 - Mar 16 with 1164 viewsShaky

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:15 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup chose to move Graham on. If he had wanted Graham to stay he would have. He showed little interest in using him whilst he was here, mostly preferring Michu or Shechter instead.

His choice.

His choice not to spunk his meager budget on mediocre strikers changing hands at over-inflated prices in January.

He should be applauded for that!

As for Michu you never tire of spouting off about how he isn't a striker, while Schecter was a player firmly aligned with the Jenkins trade marked Swansea Way; Cheap-cheep.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 13:19]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:19 - Mar 16 with 1149 viewsJackFish

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:35 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

This isn't an overreaction. We are deep in the sh*t.

We've won two league games in the last four months, both at home against the two worst teams in the league. If that's not a cause for concern I don't know what is.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:23 - Mar 16 with 1128 viewsicecoldjack

And of course we know why that is dont we? Laudrup was shafted back in the summer when he fell out with the board over player signings.

To say he showed little ability is IMO is harsh, we are finding out that he was working against the chairman and some senior players who wernt inspired by training methods which is not exactly a recipe for success, Laudrup may well have been apathetic towards the end,especially when the board were signing the likes of emnes who laudrup said" didnt know much about him"

Throw in barbed comments from our chairman in the press every now and again and i think any decent bloke will start to lose a bit of inclination dont you agree ?

There were problems that needed sorting and the board didnt have the ability or inclination not Laudrup IMO.

The board got rid, and put a player in charge ,a guy that has no clue of management or coaching to a high standard, were we meant to improve drastically under a novice then ?

Ive gone into detail on other forums about how Laudrup looked to modify our playing style to keep the opposition guessing a little bit, if you dont evolve in the premier league you get found out fast .Rodgers knew his system was shot after 5 months and knew it was the right time to move n, laudrup came in and modified the system to great effect, he knew he had to keep modifying it though and this is where we will never know the truth.

Would Laudrups preferred signings have made that extra difference this season ?

"i felt the identity of our club was eroding away" i knew we would be in the mire when i read this, going back to playing the way we did a few years back under brenden was going to be far easier for teams to counter us and work us out, Monk has done just this and we are now etremely predictable to every team in the premier league.

Laudrup was getting us to play narrow for a reason,he was mixing our systems up a bit more for a reason,say what you like about laudrup he was mostly one step ahead of teams in the second half of games , after 45 mins under monk the opposite coach knows everything he needs to do .

Was Laudrup crap or was he just trying to make us less predictable ? was laudrup crap or was it more to do with him not getting his preferred choices to play his more modified systems ?

Was laudrup crap or were some of his senior players not quite buying into the idea of playing our game a slightly different way ?

The club sacked Laudrup because they felt they know better,the proff is that they dont !

Harsh but true.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:48 - Mar 16 with 1092 viewscostalotta

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:28 - Mar 16 by Odgaard

You cant compare these two games,

West Ham
Away
3 game in a week
Many injuries, could not sub any actually
West Ham have been terrific since with solid defence and Kick and rush tactics
Did not use any profiles or starter in the cup two days before the game...

West Brom
bad Shape, not impressive. FIrst win in a long time.
Direct opponent
Home-field Advantage
More players available than the game Against West Ham
14 days break of games.

These things are why i think this defeat is a disaster.. Because, there is no excuses this time... We just loss to a who could easily be our main opponent in relegation fight! I personally think Sunderland is to strong to relegate, which means its a game between us, norwich and West Brom

You are right sir. And there are those on here who would rather bury their collective heads in the sand.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 14:25 - Mar 16 with 1054 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:23 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

And of course we know why that is dont we? Laudrup was shafted back in the summer when he fell out with the board over player signings.

To say he showed little ability is IMO is harsh, we are finding out that he was working against the chairman and some senior players who wernt inspired by training methods which is not exactly a recipe for success, Laudrup may well have been apathetic towards the end,especially when the board were signing the likes of emnes who laudrup said" didnt know much about him"

Throw in barbed comments from our chairman in the press every now and again and i think any decent bloke will start to lose a bit of inclination dont you agree ?

There were problems that needed sorting and the board didnt have the ability or inclination not Laudrup IMO.

The board got rid, and put a player in charge ,a guy that has no clue of management or coaching to a high standard, were we meant to improve drastically under a novice then ?

Ive gone into detail on other forums about how Laudrup looked to modify our playing style to keep the opposition guessing a little bit, if you dont evolve in the premier league you get found out fast .Rodgers knew his system was shot after 5 months and knew it was the right time to move n, laudrup came in and modified the system to great effect, he knew he had to keep modifying it though and this is where we will never know the truth.

Would Laudrups preferred signings have made that extra difference this season ?

"i felt the identity of our club was eroding away" i knew we would be in the mire when i read this, going back to playing the way we did a few years back under brenden was going to be far easier for teams to counter us and work us out, Monk has done just this and we are now etremely predictable to every team in the premier league.

Laudrup was getting us to play narrow for a reason,he was mixing our systems up a bit more for a reason,say what you like about laudrup he was mostly one step ahead of teams in the second half of games , after 45 mins under monk the opposite coach knows everything he needs to do .

Was Laudrup crap or was he just trying to make us less predictable ? was laudrup crap or was it more to do with him not getting his preferred choices to play his more modified systems ?

Was laudrup crap or were some of his senior players not quite buying into the idea of playing our game a slightly different way ?

The club sacked Laudrup because they felt they know better,the proff is that they dont !

Harsh but true.

So Michu's 19 Prem goals didn't have anything to do with it then?
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 14:26 - Mar 16 with 1051 viewsPrivate_Partz

I had been wondering how to word my reaction today only to find icecold has done it perfectly! The board have done a great job in getting us here but I believe they now have inflated egos. Almost believing in the Midas touch. That is only way I can work out a baffling decision to sack ML and replace him with a complete rooky.
it is not GM' s fault. I bet it is hurting him as much as the rest of us. he is a true Jack but he has been thrown in at the deep end as result of a knee jerk decision by the board.
Would we have had a better points total under ML? I believe we most certainly would have.
There is nothing left now but to support GM to the hilt and hope we can scrape enough points to survive.
If this happens then maybe we can regroup next year and the board will start justifying the salaries they are now paying themselves.
In the meantime I am preparing to go to Everton and sing my heart out.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 14:27]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 14:32 - Mar 16 with 1033 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu was ML's signing and his injury was another reason the team was under performing against the top sides.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 15:22 - Mar 16 with 984 viewsSpratty

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:48 - Mar 16 by Stanners

Init

Under ML we failed to beat West Ham, Hull, Cardiff, Stoke, Norwich, Villa

Hardly world beaters IMO

Looking at the games we lost against lower teams in the PL under ML this season (whilst staying in Europa, the FA Cup and dealing with a punishing schedule and major injuries). There were 2:

A resurgent West Ham away - their outstanding form at that time already covered - result sacked

Cardiff away - the holy grail to some - (correctly IMO just another match to ML).
They had already beaten Man City at home and our Chairman's motivational input was supporting his manager by printing a detailed and overt criticism of his tactics in a national newspaper (why not just speak to him Huw - you are the Chairman - Why on that morning)

We got a point against Norwich away (our bogey team) 3 days after an away European game. No excuses then even though a stronger team than CP, a geographically massive away trip when CP was at home and even sooner after a European away trip than CP.

Huw's experiment has now matched the worst possible result run of ML (the latter being made as said with major key injuries punishing schedule and managing to stay in Europa and FA Cup). If we do not win the next game he will exceed it. However whilst we are now losing at home to one of the worst form teams in the prem and only drawing at home to another relegation candidate. ML's losses during that period were to the likes of Chelsea and Man City.

In fact on like for like fixture results to last season's fantastic PL result:
ML slipped 1 PL point in his 24 PL games this season (average of 96% of last years results)
GM has slipped 4 points in his 5 PL games (average of 55% of last years result.)
Amazingly he only had to average 60% to keep us up but I had earmarked losing to Arsenal and Newcastle away (which we won last year) to take those points. Not losing at home in what should have been by far our easiest remaining matches.

For those that point out that like for like is not a perfect comparison and form changes. Indeed when we destroyed West Brom at Home last year with a wonderful display of football they had won 3 on the bounce and were the form team of the PL.

If we look at the reverse fixtures this year ML gained an extra 3 points (with more of the fixtures being away).

I have to question what the board were thinking and why did they not sort out any issues earlier. If they were intent on parting with ML they should have done it in the Summer and brought in an improvement if they could find one, who could attract and retain quality players.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 19:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024