Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucky - too easy to defend against 17:57 - Mar 22 with 4645 viewsNoRway

Decent game but: Three lucky goals and three lucky points . We are too easy to defend against. Lack of movement off the ball, lack of tempo - and lack of change of tempo and understadning within the team. This is not only down to injuries. It is down to Harry and his staff.
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:07 - Mar 22 with 3763 viewsLblock

I wouldn't say Ravels goal was lucky - far from it

Agree though we don't look a good attacking unit and are so slow
It's not going to change now so hopefully we'll discover some luck over the rest of the season

Even though the lad Will Keane Offside is woeful I really hope we don't see BZ starting agin, impact sub only please!! God knows how bad Maigia must be if Will Keane Offside is keeping him out of the side, hopefully we get some good news on Doyle
If we must persist with Will Keane Offside up top then we need to get up and help him. I didn't see anyone offering to run off him, in behind or in anticipation of any knockdowns should be actually manage to stay onside and win the ball

Take the 3 points but the issues remain

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:12 - Mar 22 with 3732 viewsNoRway

Agree Ravels goal was not lucky, but it was a result of the BZ one. We need to organize a Wigan-like team for the playoffs now. Cup-ties coming up.
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:17 - Mar 22 with 3695 viewsLblock

Gotta make the play offs first!

Some top top clubs, bare bones, young lads blah blah blah

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:20 - Mar 22 with 3677 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yep, I'm a bloke who's been complaining all season about us under-performing (even when we were winning, and top).

Now I'm just the bloke who says "F*ck, I'm glad we won".

I still want us to get promoted. That'd be when the real battle begins. I don't care how bad a Championship side we'd be: get in there and roll the dice.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:23 - Mar 22 with 3663 viewsted_hendrix

Didn't see one second of the game, all I know is after the poor mid-week result and performance at Sheffield Wednesday the best thing you can ask for is a bounce back at you're next game and we've done that.
If we were lucky today so what? that just evens up a wee bit of our horrendous injuries over the course of the season.
I'll take all the luck going thank you very much.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:31 - Mar 22 with 3619 viewsNoRway

Derby, Wigan and Reading/Brighton will probably be those we are up against if we make the playoffs - in case of a Forest meltdown. What kind of defence do we need? I guess Simpons ahead of Hughes. Onouha ahead of Dunne? Sun ahead of the ABE??
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:34 - Mar 22 with 3606 viewsted_hendrix

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:31 - Mar 22 by NoRway

Derby, Wigan and Reading/Brighton will probably be those we are up against if we make the playoffs - in case of a Forest meltdown. What kind of defence do we need? I guess Simpons ahead of Hughes. Onouha ahead of Dunne? Sun ahead of the ABE??

Simpson ahead of Hughes all Year long, I'm better than Hughes, in fact my lawnmower is better than Hughes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:37 - Mar 22 with 3582 viewsN12Hoop

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:34 - Mar 22 by ted_hendrix

Simpson ahead of Hughes all Year long, I'm better than Hughes, in fact my lawnmower is better than Hughes.

Your lawn mower is probably faster than Hughes!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Login to get fewer ads

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:40 - Mar 22 with 3559 viewsWeaverQPR

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:07 - Mar 22 by Lblock

I wouldn't say Ravels goal was lucky - far from it

Agree though we don't look a good attacking unit and are so slow
It's not going to change now so hopefully we'll discover some luck over the rest of the season

Even though the lad Will Keane Offside is woeful I really hope we don't see BZ starting agin, impact sub only please!! God knows how bad Maigia must be if Will Keane Offside is keeping him out of the side, hopefully we get some good news on Doyle
If we must persist with Will Keane Offside up top then we need to get up and help him. I didn't see anyone offering to run off him, in behind or in anticipation of any knockdowns should be actually manage to stay onside and win the ball

Take the 3 points but the issues remain

Revels goal was lucky due to the fact he was lucky to still be on the pitch.

@WeavQPR

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:42 - Mar 22 with 3543 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:40 - Mar 22 by WeaverQPR

That makes him lucky rather than the goal
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:46 - Mar 22 with 3521 viewsderbyhoop

I don't care if we were lucky or we should have won by more.
At this stage of the season it's all about the points. We got all 3.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:46 - Mar 22 with 3521 viewspeejaybee

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:34 - Mar 22 by ted_hendrix

But does your Lawn Mower have a 10 year contract at £ 50 000 a week.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:52 - Mar 22 with 3475 viewsdaveB

bloody hell, lose and we're crap,win and we're lucky. Just enjoy the win. It's like the end of the world on here at the moment. Any chance of some credit for coming from behind and winning away? Boro have only lost twice at home all season before today

The third goal was far from lucky, a very good finish and although the 2nd goal had tons of luck at least Zamora chased it down and forced the error

we're a decent side who are not going to turn into world beaters anytime soon but we'll make the playoffs and when we do we are more than capable of winning them
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:54 - Mar 22 with 3468 viewsMonahoop

Luck. Sometimes you get it. Pleasing result.Certainly, especially after the woeful show down the road at Sheffield on Tuesday.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:56 - Mar 22 with 3461 viewskarl

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:40 - Mar 22 by WeaverQPR

Must have been a toffee one and not the dreaded coffee he was that lucky?

I'll get me coat
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:03 - Mar 22 with 3422 viewsdolcelatte

Do "good" goals count for twice as much as "lucky" goals? Just wondering like?

The whinging of late is now getting to the point where you question whether it is worth coming here anymore. A great shame IMO..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:24 - Mar 22 with 3354 viewskropotkin41

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 18:52 - Mar 22 by daveB

bloody hell, lose and we're crap,win and we're lucky. Just enjoy the win. It's like the end of the world on here at the moment. Any chance of some credit for coming from behind and winning away? Boro have only lost twice at home all season before today

The third goal was far from lucky, a very good finish and although the 2nd goal had tons of luck at least Zamora chased it down and forced the error

we're a decent side who are not going to turn into world beaters anytime soon but we'll make the playoffs and when we do we are more than capable of winning them

Yes, all credit to the team today, I think. I have to say that the effort level looked much better today to me and in the second half we even looked reasonably good going forwards.

Your constant glass half full stuff gets easily as wearing as the end of the world stuff, the truth is somewhere in between. Today was much better and if some of that is repeated in the next few games it'll be great - I do have this fear that the team has a bit of a goldfish memory and has to relearn everything every game.

We should have done better this season, we have the players - even with masses of injuries - to dominate this league; we've not looked settled tactically nor, on some intangible level, as a team............... but I'll take today with a smile on my face and especially so as I'm coming to see the Blackpool game next week!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:34 - Mar 22 with 3312 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yes, and what would you do at this stage of the season?

Shut the f*ck up and hang on.

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:43 - Mar 22 with 3285 viewsdaveB

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:24 - Mar 22 by kropotkin41

Yes, all credit to the team today, I think. I have to say that the effort level looked much better today to me and in the second half we even looked reasonably good going forwards.

Your constant glass half full stuff gets easily as wearing as the end of the world stuff, the truth is somewhere in between. Today was much better and if some of that is repeated in the next few games it'll be great - I do have this fear that the team has a bit of a goldfish memory and has to relearn everything every game.

We should have done better this season, we have the players - even with masses of injuries - to dominate this league; we've not looked settled tactically nor, on some intangible level, as a team............... but I'll take today with a smile on my face and especially so as I'm coming to see the Blackpool game next week!

It just seems that some seem to be annoyed when we win, it doesn't mean Redknapp is a genius just as it doesn't mean he's a clown when we get beat, I'm just happy to see us win

I'm not really suggesting we've had a great season and we should have done better even with the injuries but we've won today, played 4 kids had 2 on the bench as well and still people are finding problems with it.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2014 19:48]
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:47 - Mar 22 with 3258 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jeez, I hate these minus ones.

W ho are you and why do you disagree?

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:52 - Mar 22 with 3229 viewskropotkin41

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:47 - Mar 22 by isawqpratwcity

Jeez, I hate these minus ones.

W ho are you and why do you disagree?

Hehehehehe, I got a -1 as well................ can't see why they can't comment if they're going to be negative.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:52 - Mar 22 with 3227 viewsisawqpratwcity

Are you there, gutless minus one...?

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 20:00 - Mar 22 with 3189 viewsisawqpratwcity

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:52 - Mar 22 by kropotkin41

Hehehehehe, I got a -1 as well................ can't see why they can't comment if they're going to be negative.

This is what drove Blob off. (Minus one to him for that, btw.)

Christ, I hate these gutless bastards.

OK, I'm back onto Clive to get this changed.

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 3134 viewsNoRway

Yeah, this thread might be too negative on a night when we got 3 crucial points away from home. My point is Harrys tactics and line-ups: Playing "safe", elderly loanees without any cutting edge or tempo while the likes of Leicester, Burnley and now Wigan are able to pick up points comfortably week in week out - adapted to the Championship. The others are far better organised and motivated.
Lucky - too easy to defend against on 20:23 - Mar 22 with 3109 viewsRangersAreBack

Lucky - too easy to defend against on 19:24 - Mar 22 by kropotkin41

Agree that the team deserve more credit today and we should enjoy today's result. However we do not have the players to dominate this league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024