Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction 19:32 - Mar 22 with 3556 viewsLBSRanger

H Wigan Draw 1 pt
H Blackpool Win 3 pts
A Bournemouth Draw 1 pt
A Blackburn lose 0 pts
H Notts Forest Win 3 Pts
A Leicester Lose 0 pts
H Watford Win 3 pts
H Millwall Win 3 pts
A Barnsley Win 3 pts

pts 17
Final Pts 83
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 19:55 - Mar 22 with 3475 viewskropotkin41

The problem we have is that we need Burnley to lose at least as many games in their last 9 as they have during the whole rest of the season. If they W3 D3 L3 we might just catch them with your prediction.............. can't see it happening.

As for the prediction itself, I have absolutely no idea........... depends which of our multiple personalities turns up!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 20:16 - Mar 22 with 3417 viewsLBSRanger

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 19:55 - Mar 22 by kropotkin41

The problem we have is that we need Burnley to lose at least as many games in their last 9 as they have during the whole rest of the season. If they W3 D3 L3 we might just catch them with your prediction.............. can't see it happening.

As for the prediction itself, I have absolutely no idea........... depends which of our multiple personalities turns up!

Purely based on my aspersions
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 20:26 - Mar 22 with 3380 viewsRangersAreBack

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 19:55 - Mar 22 by kropotkin41

We're not catching Burnley. It's all about the play offs now.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 20:38 - Mar 22 with 3340 viewsLBSRanger

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 20:26 - Mar 22 by RangersAreBack

We're not catching Burnley. It's all about the play offs now.

too right, if we keep winning.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 20:46 - Mar 22 with 3308 viewslongbottom

I have us drawing at home to Florist's, other than that, not a bad prediction.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 20:49 - Mar 22 with 3299 viewsRed_Ranger

24th May in the diary. C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 08:58 - Mar 23 with 2920 viewsTGRRRSSS

Think we can pick up a result of some sort at Blackburn. Think automatic promotion is... not out of the question but somewhat distant now.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 09:06 - Mar 23 with 2905 viewsHooparoo

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 08:58 - Mar 23 by TGRRRSSS

Think we can pick up a result of some sort at Blackburn. Think automatic promotion is... not out of the question but somewhat distant now.

Agree we could still make it but realistically we need to think about the playoffs. We at least have lots of experience to help us if we can get to Wembley.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 09:13 - Mar 23 with 2882 viewsfrancisbowles

1. We would have to win the lot to get to 93.
2. Burnley would only have to get two points a game to get to 94.

2 is likely to happen, 1 is not.

76 has been enough for the play offs for at least the last 16 years. Brighton would need two points a game to get to 76. Therefore, it may need a few more than that this year.

At the moment we look ok but a couple of poor results and we could all get very nervous again. Be nice if we solidified our position with two good home results but this is Rangers!

I was speaking to a West Ham fan on Friday and he was reminding me that they weren't playing well before they won the play offs.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 09:48 - Mar 23 with 2816 viewsRangersw12

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 09:13 - Mar 23 by francisbowles

1. We would have to win the lot to get to 93.
2. Burnley would only have to get two points a game to get to 94.

2 is likely to happen, 1 is not.

76 has been enough for the play offs for at least the last 16 years. Brighton would need two points a game to get to 76. Therefore, it may need a few more than that this year.

At the moment we look ok but a couple of poor results and we could all get very nervous again. Be nice if we solidified our position with two good home results but this is Rangers!

I was speaking to a West Ham fan on Friday and he was reminding me that they weren't playing well before they won the play offs.

Didn't Palace also win the play offs after having a poor last 10 games

Form means nothing and is a lottery
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 10:37 - Mar 23 with 2763 viewsRs_Holy

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 09:48 - Mar 23 by Rangersw12

Didn't Palace also win the play offs after having a poor last 10 games

Form means nothing and is a lottery

This is what I am banking on as our form against top 6 teams is terrible.... Hope we didn't use up all our luck yesterday!
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 13:19 - Mar 23 with 2654 viewsHunterhoop

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 10:37 - Mar 23 by Rs_Holy

This is what I am banking on as our form against top 6 teams is terrible.... Hope we didn't use up all our luck yesterday!

H Wigan Draw 1 pt
H Blackpool Win 3 pts
A Bournemouth Win 3 pts
A Blackburn lose 0 pts
H Notts Forest Draw 1 pts
A Leicester Draw 1 pt
H Watford Lose 0 pts
H Millwall Win 3 pts
A Barnsley Win 3 pts

That's 15 more points for us from our last 9 games, I reckon.

With 81 points we could finish 3rd-5th, but I'd suggest 3rd will be Derby who are playing some terrific stuff. This would almost certainly mean getting Wigan in the playoffs.

3rd place will get Reading, Brighton or Forest. Forest apart, who I think are our bogey team and just the type of team who'll beat us (all effort and bluster and a loud home support), we really want to finish 3rd and get Reading or Brighton. I'd be very confident we'd go through over two legs.

Getting Wigan is a tough one. They're a good side, but open defensively. The final is a lottery as it's a one off game. The semis aren't.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 15:11 - Mar 23 with 2578 viewsRangersAreBack

H Wigan Draw 1 pt
H Blackpool Win 3 pts
A Bournemouth Draw 1 pt
A Blackburn Lose 0 pts
H Notts Forest Win 3 pts
A Leicester Lose 0 pts
H Watford Win 3 pts
H Millwall Win 3 pts
A Barnsley Win 3 pts

Pts 17
Final Pts 83

Wigan in a rich vein of form, a draw wouldn't be the worst result, keeping them at arm's length.
Think we can beat Forest for a change as they are on a horrible run.
Leiceter will be gunning for the title so a big ask to get anything there.
Think we will finish with a flourish as key players should return for the final month. Watford will have nothing to play for.
Millwall and Barnsley may well be relegated by the time we play them. If not, could be tougher than predicted.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 17:04 - Mar 23 with 2492 viewsfrancisbowles

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 15:11 - Mar 23 by RangersAreBack

H Wigan Draw 1 pt
H Blackpool Win 3 pts
A Bournemouth Draw 1 pt
A Blackburn Lose 0 pts
H Notts Forest Win 3 pts
A Leicester Lose 0 pts
H Watford Win 3 pts
H Millwall Win 3 pts
A Barnsley Win 3 pts

Pts 17
Final Pts 83

Wigan in a rich vein of form, a draw wouldn't be the worst result, keeping them at arm's length.
Think we can beat Forest for a change as they are on a horrible run.
Leiceter will be gunning for the title so a big ask to get anything there.
Think we will finish with a flourish as key players should return for the final month. Watford will have nothing to play for.
Millwall and Barnsley may well be relegated by the time we play them. If not, could be tougher than predicted.

Even if they have been relegated they could be tough as the pressure will be off them but they will be playing for contracts, moves etc.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 17:08 - Mar 23 with 2487 viewsWeaverQPR

Beat Wigan and the world is our oyster.

@WeavQPR

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 17:19 - Mar 23 with 2469 viewsNeil_SI

I'm not really one for predictions, but we've some tough matches ahead of us. I would have actually fancied us more had Wigan won against Yeovil, but that 3-3 draw was their blip and therefore it gives them a chance to push on again. The psychology involved with these things can be odd, I'd have preferred it if they just kept on winning until they met us.

For the rest of the fixtures, the last couple are especially tricky. Millwall and Barnsley could be fighting for their lives and very willing to scrap and you never know, our play-off fate could already be sealed by then. If we've secured a spot, we may well relax too much or play very freely and without pressure as a result. If we are hanging on for a play-off spot, those games will be like exhausting cup final's for everybody. It's also the same on the reverse, if any of those teams are relegated or safe by then, it may cause them to relax and play without fear or to tail off.

I would say the same for Nottingham Forest, who are clearly in trouble, but a win against us, is really what they need. So they will no doubt try and fight to stay in contention, and for me that makes the outcome much less clear. It will be a harder game than we may realise.

The Leicester game falls the same way, albeit they might want to try and make an example of us at their place all the same. The Watford one, being local, is also never easy and we've struggled a lot away to Blackburn over recent years.

It's a week to week, game by game thing now. They've just got to dig as deep as they can and get themselves over the line. From my point of view, if I were the club, the first priority would be to try and secure automatic promotion as quickly as possible and then simply wind down for a game or two if possible, to relieve the pressure, and then build back up to a play-off scenario.

The only other issue is the fitness of Charlie Austin, and when he might return. He may need to find fitness and form, there's no guarantee he'll be firing on all cylinders, so again, there may need to be some thought into how to best handle that scenario.
Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 17:50 - Mar 23 with 2419 viewsBAWHoops

Good points Neil.

I think we will be OK to make the Play Offs. Once there it really does become a test of nerve.
It should come down to form, but in a way everything is reset and it's a case of being solid and doing the right things for 3 games.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 03:03 - Mar 24 with 2217 viewsRangersAreBack

Our remaining fixtures and a final prediction on 17:04 - Mar 23 by francisbowles

Even if they have been relegated they could be tough as the pressure will be off them but they will be playing for contracts, moves etc.

IMHO these games will be tougher if these teams are still in with a shout of staying up. Might have to review my Forest prediction if Warnock gets the job.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 3:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024