Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My darling Rangel 08:25 - Mar 26 with 6085 viewsstircrazyjack

Our attack minded right back whose consistent performances for many a season is starting to slow down, Tis a sad day that the infamous dyer and angel partnership is coming to its end.

He is starting to get caught flat footed and square far too often at this level, gonna miss him big time.

Don't get me wrong he ain't totally finished just we need better ASAP , someone with true pace and maybe a bit nastier.

It's been a pleasure nookie bear.

Big love
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 8:28]
My darling Rangel on 08:29 - Mar 26 with 4724 viewspencoedjack

Got to agree with that ....

Gibbs (who I rate highly) ripped him apart last night, needs replacing in summer, but remains as back up.
My darling Rangel on 08:45 - Mar 26 with 4663 viewsDr_Winston

Agree with both.

He'd be an excellent backup/mentor to someone younger and quicker, but his days as first choice are rapidly coming to an end.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

My darling Rangel on 09:11 - Mar 26 with 4579 viewsJackFish

I agree, said after West Brom that if we stayed up we should be looking for a new right back next season and the last two games have highlighted it. He's still good enough going forward, but he seems to have lost a little pace and is getting beaten far too often now.
My darling Rangel on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 4540 viewsZut_Alors

My darling Rangel on 08:45 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

Agree with both.

He'd be an excellent backup/mentor to someone younger and quicker, but his days as first choice are rapidly coming to an end.

Exactly, and if anything this is the more urgent matter for me. Angel is a true jack. If I remember correctly, his contract was up when at the end of our promotion season. However, unlike Dorus and Pratley he stuck by us and has been one of the top 7 right backs in the league. Since Christmas, though, it’s becoming more apparent that he’s struggling to track back, and from a standing start, is getting beaten for fun by quick wingers, Zaha excepted :)

He’s another player with such an ungainly running style that you can often overlook how good with the ball at his feet he actually is. I know that sentimentality at the football club is a hot topic right now, but I feel we’d be missing a trick if we didn’t incorporate Rangel into the back-room staff later down the line. He knows the city, is a real fans' favourite, understands the swansea way, and can be a useful bridge to iron out any potential Brit-Spanish divides.

If we do stay up, the club should act this summer so that our more reactionary fans don’t blame him for the inevitable deficiencies that come in an ageing footballer.
My darling Rangel on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 4539 viewsTrundle10

Taylor?
My darling Rangel on 09:25 - Mar 26 with 4521 viewsJackSomething

My darling Rangel on 09:18 - Mar 26 by Trundle10

Taylor?

Interesting shout. I've long thought he should be our primary back-up to Rangel, but neither ML or Garry seem interested in playing him on the right, despite the promise he showed in that position at the Olympics.

Rangel should still get his share of games next season, but no doubt we need real competition in that position. Rangel's name will end up on the wall at the Liberty, but we can't be sentimental.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

My darling Rangel on 09:53 - Mar 26 with 4452 viewsZut_Alors

My darling Rangel on 09:25 - Mar 26 by JackSomething

Interesting shout. I've long thought he should be our primary back-up to Rangel, but neither ML or Garry seem interested in playing him on the right, despite the promise he showed in that position at the Olympics.

Rangel should still get his share of games next season, but no doubt we need real competition in that position. Rangel's name will end up on the wall at the Liberty, but we can't be sentimental.

Obviously first priority is to be safe, but it would be great to be safe from relegation with a couple of games to go to try out fringe players and Taylor at RB.
My darling Rangel on 10:01 - Mar 26 with 4412 viewscaerleon_jack

My darling Rangel on 09:18 - Mar 26 by Zut_Alors

Exactly, and if anything this is the more urgent matter for me. Angel is a true jack. If I remember correctly, his contract was up when at the end of our promotion season. However, unlike Dorus and Pratley he stuck by us and has been one of the top 7 right backs in the league. Since Christmas, though, it’s becoming more apparent that he’s struggling to track back, and from a standing start, is getting beaten for fun by quick wingers, Zaha excepted :)

He’s another player with such an ungainly running style that you can often overlook how good with the ball at his feet he actually is. I know that sentimentality at the football club is a hot topic right now, but I feel we’d be missing a trick if we didn’t incorporate Rangel into the back-room staff later down the line. He knows the city, is a real fans' favourite, understands the swansea way, and can be a useful bridge to iron out any potential Brit-Spanish divides.

If we do stay up, the club should act this summer so that our more reactionary fans don’t blame him for the inevitable deficiencies that come in an ageing footballer.

"If I remember correctly, his contract was up when at the end of our promotion season. However, unlike Dorus and Pratley he stuck by us"

If I remember correctly Fulham came in for him in the Jan of that year, wanted to take him until the end of the season. It was the year they had a run in the UEFA Cup/Europa League, he had a right hissy fit that we had potentially prevented him from playing Premier League football. Stayed in the end and everything was rosy, but he's had his moments.

Insert something witty here

Login to get fewer ads

My darling Rangel on 10:02 - Mar 26 with 4409 viewsinspector

he's never had pace really, but he is throttling towards the end of his career at an alarming speed.

We have a lot of young full backs at the club, hopefully one of them can do a ben davies next season.
My darling Rangel on 10:16 - Mar 26 with 4331 viewscaerleon_jack

I'm just glad no-one has suggested Jazz...

My darling Rangel on 10:29 - Mar 26 with 4274 viewsZut_Alors

My darling Rangel on 10:01 - Mar 26 by caerleon_jack

"If I remember correctly, his contract was up when at the end of our promotion season. However, unlike Dorus and Pratley he stuck by us"

If I remember correctly Fulham came in for him in the Jan of that year, wanted to take him until the end of the season. It was the year they had a run in the UEFA Cup/Europa League, he had a right hissy fit that we had potentially prevented him from playing Premier League football. Stayed in the end and everything was rosy, but he's had his moments.

Oops totally forgot about that. You're right, though.
My darling Rangel on 11:15 - Mar 26 with 4211 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We also need to ensure the new RB looks a little less like a young Rolf Harris

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

My darling Rangel on 11:23 - Mar 26 with 4171 viewsSpringHeeledJack

If we stay up and sign a first-choice right back in the summer, do you think Rangel would stay and happily see out his final seasons with us as a senior squad member (as Monk seemed to be doing before his appointment) or look for first team action elsewhere?

@SwanThisDay

My darling Rangel on 11:25 - Mar 26 with 4165 viewsDafyddHuw

My darling Rangel on 09:18 - Mar 26 by Trundle10

Taylor?

Every time Tiendalli's been picked this season, I always rant to whoever'd listen that we should be putting Taylor there instead.
My darling Rangel on 11:33 - Mar 26 with 4136 viewscaerleon_jack

My darling Rangel on 11:23 - Mar 26 by SpringHeeledJack

If we stay up and sign a first-choice right back in the summer, do you think Rangel would stay and happily see out his final seasons with us as a senior squad member (as Monk seemed to be doing before his appointment) or look for first team action elsewhere?

If we sign a new right back it should be someone young that we can rotate with Rangel. If we sign a new 'first choice' right back then yeah, Rangel will possibly look to move on. If that happens then we'll be left with Dwight as our back up. We need someone who is a look to the future, but will not expect to play every game.

My darling Rangel on 11:40 - Mar 26 with 4115 viewsSwanzay

Nicely put Stircrazy, good shout for Taylor too!
My darling Rangel on 14:26 - Mar 26 with 3950 viewskarnataka

If Taylor is happy to play RB then surely it's a no brainer? I'm sure he'd want to stay if he's going to get enough games to keep him happy here and he knows our system and we wouldn't need to shell out any dosh on a 1st choice RB. He showed last night he's an excellent defender not to mention his cross for Wilf's header and he's quick enough to get some rapport going with Nath. With Rangel 3rd choice & Tiendalli 4th, we're sorted cos if Ben got injured, then Taylor to LB and Rangel in at RB.
My darling Rangel on 14:41 - Mar 26 with 3910 viewsCatullus

My darling Rangel on 11:25 - Mar 26 by DafyddHuw

Every time Tiendalli's been picked this season, I always rant to whoever'd listen that we should be putting Taylor there instead.

Me too!! Taylor's proved he can play there. And with a bit more game time we'd see the player he was pre injury quite quickly.

Ps, surely no one can blame Rangel for the March of time? But stating a reality isn't necessarily having a pop at him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

My darling Rangel on 14:42 - Mar 26 with 3906 viewsjeza739

I'm probably going to get slated for this but am, like everyone else entitled too my opinion. Which is Taylor should be our first choice left back. I sit behind the goals and Ben Davies' positional play on occasions is dreadful. He frequently gets caught out of position. We concede far too many goals down our left.
He's not quick enough and IMO the most solid he's looked this yr was when he moved to centre half Vs Palace. Laudrup certainly got one thing right that's where his future lies. But he's still young and has time on his side.
My darling Rangel on 15:56 - Mar 26 with 3845 viewsrobld002

Sam Bryam from Leeds anyone?
My darling Rangel on 16:01 - Mar 26 with 3829 viewsZut_Alors

My darling Rangel on 15:56 - Mar 26 by robld002

Sam Bryam from Leeds anyone?

Been impressed by him. Good shout, although he could be quite pricey.
My darling Rangel on 16:04 - Mar 26 with 3819 viewsItchySphincter

Every player is afforded a spell of dodgy form aren't they? Every player except Angel Rangel it seems. Doesn't take some of our lot long to turn their backs on one of our best ever buys.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

My darling Rangel on 16:04 - Mar 26 with 3813 viewsGriffting

Seb Corchia from sochaux in france would be ideal.
My darling Rangel on 16:06 - Mar 26 with 3805 viewsItchySphincter

My darling Rangel on 10:01 - Mar 26 by caerleon_jack

He also wanted to go to Blackpool when they were promoted, besides the point though. You'd expect a player to want to go up a level if the opportunity presented itself.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

My darling Rangel on 16:07 - Mar 26 with 3797 viewsblaine_scfc

My darling Rangel on 16:06 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

He also wanted to go to Blackpool when they were promoted, besides the point though. You'd expect a player to want to go up a level if the opportunity presented itself.

This ^ ... No player could of predicted we would of progressed as much as we have done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024