Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy 17:28 - Apr 13 with 5685 viewsGloucs_R

Lots if papers reporting today that he has a buy out clause of just 10m

PSG, Monaco and the English clubs all now interested

Poll: Are we staying up?

Remy on 18:54 - Apr 13 with 2782 viewsTHEBUSH

10 million ain't that bad, imo.
Remy on 19:21 - Apr 13 with 2705 viewsQPR442

Gutted to see him go but will always remember the short spell with us especially the goals at Saints and the Wigan game.
hate seeing him in another kit so I hope he goes back to France and not Arsenal or Spurs.
We really mucked things up last season.
Remy on 19:25 - Apr 13 with 2689 viewsWeaverQPR

10m sounds about right for our football savvy board.

@WeavQPR

Remy on 19:34 - Apr 13 with 2659 viewsRs_Holy

If lots of clubs are interested surely a bidding war might start???
Remy on 19:39 - Apr 13 with 2640 viewsJonDoeman

Remy on 19:25 - Apr 13 by WeaverQPR

10m sounds about right for our football savvy board.

They did well to talk him into signing for us .

It Is What It Is !!

Remy on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 2626 viewsJamie

Remy on 19:39 - Apr 13 by JonDoeman

They did well to talk him into signing for us .

It was all Tone's epic Bantz over FIFA rather than the astronomical wages on offer.
Remy on 19:55 - Apr 13 with 2600 viewsWeaverQPR

Remy on 19:34 - Apr 13 by Rs_Holy

If lots of clubs are interested surely a bidding war might start???

Why would you offer more than 10m if thats what it takes to open negotiations?

@WeavQPR

Remy on 20:11 - Apr 13 with 2556 viewskensalriser

Please tell me we're not going to have another five pages on this.

If only one club wants him, he'll go for the minimum fee in the contract. If more than one club wants him, he'll probably go for more than the minimum fee. It makes no sense for the selling club to have effectively capped his sell-on value. Yeah, yeah, I know, the QPR board is clueless. But I would be very surprised to see Remy go for the minimum, it would make no sense.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Remy (n/t) on 20:24 - Apr 13 with 2512 viewsDeano19766

Remy on 20:11 - Apr 13 by kensalriser

If only one club wants him, he'll go for the minimum fee in the contract. If more than one club wants him, he'll probably go for more than the minimum fee. It makes no sense for the selling club to have effectively capped his sell-on value. Yeah, yeah, I know, the QPR board is clueless. But I would be very surprised to see Remy go for the minimum, it would make no sense.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 20:30]
Remy on 20:45 - Apr 13 with 2451 viewsDejR_vu

I wouldn't have thought so.

If more than one club want him they will each/all match the clause price, and then it is up to them to make the most attractive offer to the player. The only party to benefit from a bidding war will be the player. The more clubs that want him the more he can demand but we will still only get the figure stated in the contract.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Remy on 21:06 - Apr 13 with 2395 viewsGloucs_R

They will all pay the min fee to us and then offer him a signing on bonus. Either way, we only get £10m (if it is true)

Which means we probably break even over the past 18 months.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Remy on 22:50 - Apr 13 with 2257 viewskensalriser

We'll see who is right (if the eventual fee is disclosed). I think he'll go for 12-15m.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Remy on 22:57 - Apr 13 with 2240 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 22:50 - Apr 13 by kensalriser

We'll see who is right (if the eventual fee is disclosed). I think he'll go for 12-15m.

Kensal,

Presuming there is a release clause of 10m, why would any club offer more than 10m when any offer of 10m by them or by anyone else has to be accepted? Rangers would be obliged to accept all offers of 10m pr more, not just the highest bid over 10m.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remy on 23:10 - Apr 13 with 2217 viewsQPR1882

The buy out clause was raised from £10m to £12.5m

I still think we will get more then £12.5m
Remy on 23:40 - Apr 13 with 2175 viewsPunteR

We didn't buy him to sell on at a profit ,we bought him just to help keep us up. He was going to Newcastle anyway,didn't they fly him over themselves. He probably just picked up a nice wedge while he was here and had no intention of sticking around.
No harm done really. We will be out of pocket,we always will it seems, but nothing too catastrophic, he was a good player for us though. I would like to keep him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Remy on 07:00 - Apr 14 with 2069 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 23:10 - Apr 13 by QPR1882

The buy out clause was raised from £10m to £12.5m

I still think we will get more then £12.5m

How?

Remy on 07:04 - Apr 14 with 2063 viewsLowerloftLad

If we sell him to arsenal for 10mill then we got 12.5 mill for him as Newcastle paid 2.5 just to have him for the season

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Remy on 07:08 - Apr 14 with 2058 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 07:04 - Apr 14 by LowerloftLad

If we sell him to arsenal for 10mill then we got 12.5 mill for him as Newcastle paid 2.5 just to have him for the season

True. The loan fee helped, but I can't see how we're going to get a transfre fee that exceeds the buyout clause.

Remy on 08:00 - Apr 14 with 1985 viewspomanjou

Remy on 22:50 - Apr 13 by kensalriser

You may be right or it could be much more. Trouble is that Qpr will only get the buy out clause amount and the rest will go into The pocket of REmy or his agent. Otherwise REmy can buy himself out of the contract and become free agent himself.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2014 8:01]

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Remy on 08:03 - Apr 14 with 1972 viewsQPR_John

Has anybody actually seen Remy's contract
Remy on 08:14 - Apr 14 with 1956 viewsJonDoeman

Jamie has....in his crystal ball!!

It Is What It Is !!

Remy on 08:58 - Apr 14 with 1896 viewsjonno

Of course, if we were to win the playoffs (stop sniggering at the back) then the clause would not be triggered as we would be in the Premier division so would not have to sell the player.
Remy on 09:01 - Apr 14 with 1886 viewsQPR_John

Remy on 08:58 - Apr 14 by jonno

Of course, if we were to win the playoffs (stop sniggering at the back) then the clause would not be triggered as we would be in the Premier division so would not have to sell the player.

Just for fun I will join in. Surely the clause was triggered when we were relegated what happens subsequently is immaterial.
Remy on 09:21 - Apr 14 with 1843 viewsTheBlob

Remy on 07:08 - Apr 14 by BrianMcCarthy

True. The loan fee helped, but I can't see how we're going to get a transfre fee that exceeds the buyout clause.

You've never been to an auction then?All that 10m means he's on sale,if you get two or more interested punters fighting over him......and you can take bids off the ceiling,the chandelier,the little kid in the auction hall licking the ice cream.....a nice little bidding war,lovely when that happens.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Remy on 09:32 - Apr 14 with 1813 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy on 09:21 - Apr 14 by TheBlob

You've never been to an auction then?All that 10m means he's on sale,if you get two or more interested punters fighting over him......and you can take bids off the ceiling,the chandelier,the little kid in the auction hall licking the ice cream.....a nice little bidding war,lovely when that happens.

Blob,

My point is that no club will exceed the buyout. Say for instance two clubs go up to the 14 or 15m range. It doesn't matter who goes highest - both can open negotiations with him at any stage once they've hit the buyout figure. Why would they want to exceed the buyout figure? It's not as if we can accept only the highest bid. We'd have to accept both bids. And if they know that, why would they go one cent over the release clause?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024