Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lillis 17:39 - May 3 with 6841 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Guilty again of not coming off his line. Dangerous for a young defence, will cost us next season.
Lillis on 20:05 - May 4 with 1369 viewsolympicdale

Lillis on 19:51 - May 4 by D_Alien

You get tax beaks for being stupid???

that explains tazzys ability to follow the Dale everywhere...

j/k

Life is a game of fate.

Lillis on 20:13 - May 4 with 1358 viewsDaley_Lama

Lillis on 19:51 - May 4 by D_Alien

You get tax beaks for being stupid???

What have ducks got to do with taxation?

Poll: DF in or out

Lillis on 20:18 - May 4 with 1349 viewsolympicdale

Lillis on 20:13 - May 4 by Daley_Lama

you gotta be quackers to believe that.

Life is a game of fate.

Lillis on 09:30 - May 5 with 1202 viewsNafelad

Everyone in the team made a mistake at some point in the match on Saturday (and probably every match). A mistake by a goalkeeper often results in a goal - that includes top-flight keepers.

I'm a relatively new poster on the forum - is the OP a Dale fan?

Topcat

Lillis on 11:44 - May 5 with 1130 viewsisitme

Players play in the lower leagues for a reason. Sometimes they might be a younger player who will develop and earn a transfer to a better club. Often older players will drop down the leagues as their pace goes. For the rest there will be something lacking in their game, whether it is pace, consistency or decision making.

Josh has developed into a good lower league goal keeper and his all round game has developed this season, especially his distribution, which has set up a number of goals. Is he perfect? No, but no keeper is. Even Neuer who is arguably the best keeper in the world makes errors, which due to the position both he and Lillis play are highlighted.

Heaton is the best keeper Dale have had in the past decade. He is now playing for a side promoted to the Premier League. This season I have probably seen only two keepers in League Two who I would select ahead of Lillis - Slocombe who is being chased by Premier League teams and Pope, who was on loan from Charlton.

You also have to factor in how much he is being paid to gague value for money, which I suspect is not top five of the keepers in the league. He was also voted by his peers as player of the season, which means he is well respected. I for one would be very happy for him to be our first choice keeper in League One and for years to come.
[Post edited 5 May 2014 11:45]
Lillis on 12:37 - May 5 with 1078 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis on 11:44 - May 5 by isitme

Players play in the lower leagues for a reason. Sometimes they might be a younger player who will develop and earn a transfer to a better club. Often older players will drop down the leagues as their pace goes. For the rest there will be something lacking in their game, whether it is pace, consistency or decision making.

Josh has developed into a good lower league goal keeper and his all round game has developed this season, especially his distribution, which has set up a number of goals. Is he perfect? No, but no keeper is. Even Neuer who is arguably the best keeper in the world makes errors, which due to the position both he and Lillis play are highlighted.

Heaton is the best keeper Dale have had in the past decade. He is now playing for a side promoted to the Premier League. This season I have probably seen only two keepers in League Two who I would select ahead of Lillis - Slocombe who is being chased by Premier League teams and Pope, who was on loan from Charlton.

You also have to factor in how much he is being paid to gague value for money, which I suspect is not top five of the keepers in the league. He was also voted by his peers as player of the season, which means he is well respected. I for one would be very happy for him to be our first choice keeper in League One and for years to come.
[Post edited 5 May 2014 11:45]

Yes, but Slocombe made a bad mistake v Exeter last away game so wherever he goes next season he's gonna cost them points.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lillis on 12:46 - May 5 with 1068 viewsD_Alien

Lillis on 09:30 - May 5 by Nafelad

Everyone in the team made a mistake at some point in the match on Saturday (and probably every match). A mistake by a goalkeeper often results in a goal - that includes top-flight keepers.

I'm a relatively new poster on the forum - is the OP a Dale fan?

If you're relatively new to the forum, you can be excused for expecting it to consist of nothing but positive comments - but that's not what we're about ( although some might disagree).

For me , it's about supporting the lads 100% at the game, but expressing whatever (legal) opinions you wish on here. if you've posted rubbish, which we all do at times, you'll be told is no uncertain terms. This is how it should be.

I've got no problems with NC's post in itself - just the timing, as others have pointed out.

Supposing Chesterfield had drawn. Would we all be piling into Lund on here for missing the spot kick? No - and the messages of support he's received demonstrate he's held in high regard by Dale fans. So is Lillis, after a shaky start to his time here.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lillis on 13:10 - May 5 with 1034 viewsColDale

Not sure Lillis' biggest strength has even been mentioned on here - that being his distribution. He's developed the ability to ping the ball from the back like Dawson used to do and it has been one of our best attacking threats this season that we can be on the attack within three or four seconds of getting the ball back. Such a start contrast to the way that Coleman and the German keeper coach had him playing with the ball, where it was keep hold of the ball until everyone was ready and Cav had dropped deep enough to effectively take the ball off him.
Login to get fewer ads

Lillis on 16:26 - May 5 with 927 viewsboffley

Lillis on 20:13 - May 4 by Daley_Lama

You often get the tax at the end of the bill.
Lillis on 16:35 - May 5 with 915 viewsRotherhamDale

Lillis on 13:10 - May 5 by ColDale

Not sure Lillis' biggest strength has even been mentioned on here - that being his distribution. He's developed the ability to ping the ball from the back like Dawson used to do and it has been one of our best attacking threats this season that we can be on the attack within three or four seconds of getting the ball back. Such a start contrast to the way that Coleman and the German keeper coach had him playing with the ball, where it was keep hold of the ball until everyone was ready and Cav had dropped deep enough to effectively take the ball off him.

Excuse me...

"His distribution is the best i've ever seen from a Dale goalkeeper"

Possession with progression.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024