Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's just like watching Rochdale ... 20:50 - Jun 19 with 8601 viewslove_the_dale

Playing well, but every deflection goes to the opposition!

Uruguayan captain's foul on Sturridge was a yellow card - why do refs apply the laws differently when someone already has a yellow?!

Two great efforts from Rooney.

Suarez - who else?!
It's just like watching Rochdale ... on 20:34 - Jun 20 with 1385 viewsKenBoon

It's just like watching Rochdale ... on 20:08 - Jun 20 by Shun

Not specifically anything to do with this thread, but why do players get paid for playing for England? They're still getting a wage from their respective clubs while on international duty, so why do they need extra money for doing something that should be an honour?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 22:16]

Because it's an honour that generates Billions worldwide. It generates The FA lots of money and therefore the people that are playing should be paid. However I think the England players donate their fee to The FA's community charity or something.
It's just like watching Rochdale ... on 21:37 - Jun 20 with 1336 viewsChaffRAFC

So what do England do now? Does Hodgson keep his job? England have won 2 games in their last 8. That, for a team supposedly full of quality from arguably the best league in the world is appalling. I don't care, what people say, England should be a quarters/semi-final tournament team and quite clearly are way short of that.

For me, let Hodgson go, he's not been overly bad as England manager but I'm not sure he fits well. Someone like Gary Neville to take over? Wouldn't mind that I don't think. Try and get Brendon Rodgers to take the job. Somebody very tactically aware and likes to play football the right way.

I'd hope and expect to hear of international retirements from Saint Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard. Anybody who isn't likely to feature in two years time in the Euro's shouldn't be considered for the qualifiers. Try and build a side that's of similar age who will go on to play at least three or four tournaments together. Then blood through youngsters to do the same when they get too old. The likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Jagielka, Carrick, Foster, Johnson and maybe Rooney and Baines should be unlikely to feature in four years time, see them gone from the England set up. Bring through youngsters like Barkley, Sturridge, Henderson, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Stones, Shaw, Clyne, Hughes, Redmond, Caulker and stick by them. It would be a very brave and bold move but if we don't try it, we'll never ever succeed.

We've started a period of transition but seemed too scared to go through with it fully, and now, it's those ageing players we persevered with as opposed to the younger ones who have made the mistakes and cost us this world cup tournament, the likes of Gerrard, Rooney, Jagielka, Baines etc, I think their time is up.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

It's just like watching Rochdale ... on 22:38 - Jun 20 with 1292 viewsdingdangblue

It's just like watching Rochdale ... on 21:37 - Jun 20 by ChaffRAFC

So what do England do now? Does Hodgson keep his job? England have won 2 games in their last 8. That, for a team supposedly full of quality from arguably the best league in the world is appalling. I don't care, what people say, England should be a quarters/semi-final tournament team and quite clearly are way short of that.

For me, let Hodgson go, he's not been overly bad as England manager but I'm not sure he fits well. Someone like Gary Neville to take over? Wouldn't mind that I don't think. Try and get Brendon Rodgers to take the job. Somebody very tactically aware and likes to play football the right way.

I'd hope and expect to hear of international retirements from Saint Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard. Anybody who isn't likely to feature in two years time in the Euro's shouldn't be considered for the qualifiers. Try and build a side that's of similar age who will go on to play at least three or four tournaments together. Then blood through youngsters to do the same when they get too old. The likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Jagielka, Carrick, Foster, Johnson and maybe Rooney and Baines should be unlikely to feature in four years time, see them gone from the England set up. Bring through youngsters like Barkley, Sturridge, Henderson, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Stones, Shaw, Clyne, Hughes, Redmond, Caulker and stick by them. It would be a very brave and bold move but if we don't try it, we'll never ever succeed.

We've started a period of transition but seemed too scared to go through with it fully, and now, it's those ageing players we persevered with as opposed to the younger ones who have made the mistakes and cost us this world cup tournament, the likes of Gerrard, Rooney, Jagielka, Baines etc, I think their time is up.

It will be interesting how Roy plays it on Tuesday now. Hope he goes with youth and starts Shaw, Barkley, Ox and Sterling. As for Rooney, he is 28 so should still be involved in this qualification campaign - he was our best player last night and with our group involving Switzerland,Slovenia,Estonia,Lithuania and San Marino I imagine Rooney will be getting his 10 goals to break Bobby Charlton's record.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

It's just like watching Rochdale ... on 22:50 - Jun 20 with 1282 views442Dale

It's just like watching Rochdale ... on 22:38 - Jun 20 by dingdangblue

It will be interesting how Roy plays it on Tuesday now. Hope he goes with youth and starts Shaw, Barkley, Ox and Sterling. As for Rooney, he is 28 so should still be involved in this qualification campaign - he was our best player last night and with our group involving Switzerland,Slovenia,Estonia,Lithuania and San Marino I imagine Rooney will be getting his 10 goals to break Bobby Charlton's record.

----------- Forster --------------
Johnson, Cahill, Jones, Shaw
--- Henderson, Wilshere ---
-------- Barkley -------
Sturridge, Rooney, Sterling

Really didn't want Johnson in there, but there's no one else. Stones should have been in the squad. Front three interchange whenever they want.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024