Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies to Spurs?.. 15:47 - Jun 29 with 35885 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

No idea how reliable this report is but apparently Spurs have "in principle" agreed terms with Ben Davies.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/mobile//Premier-League/Tottenham-Hotspur/Spurs-agre
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 15:54]

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:13 - Jun 30 with 2480 viewsmonmouth

Davies to Spurs?.. on 19:58 - Jun 30 by Starsky

Like Curtis like

Like Trundle.....ah.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:21 - Jun 30 with 2417 viewswaynekerr55

Back on track

Snodgrass has joined Hull for £6m...

Makes the £8m figure even more of a p*ss take

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:30 - Jun 30 with 2370 viewsDarran

Drizzy does make a good point IMO,just because Man United were prepared to pay over £30million it doesn't mean Ben is worth anything near it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:32 - Jun 30 with 2355 viewsDrizzy

Davies to Spurs?.. on 19:52 - Jun 30 by AnotherJohn

Well you have me stumped.! When somebody writes (in their first sentence ( that I allegedly missed): 'Outside of the ridiculously over-inflated market for young British players, £8m is a a fair price for Ben', I assume they do mean outside and not inside that market. Of course, Ben is most definitely inside that market because he qualifies as a home-grown player. That seems a very simple and straightforward point. No doubt Spurs would like to think that market prices for British players don't apply to a club 'in our situation', meaning a club they believe that can raid on the cheap because a nod and a wink from them will unsettle a player and force a move. To them 10 million is a fair price for Gylfi even though he can't manage more than 15 starts in a season. Wonder how much they would ask for Rose.

There's nowhere near enough hype around Ben. There's enough to warrant a small inflation in his value but it's not close to Luke Shaw level delirium. £8m is excessive as it is. If he'd pushed on from his first season we could probably ask for £10m but his value suffered as the team did.

I'm not suggesting we sell for the sake of it but if a reasonable offer comes in (£8m plus) then I'd have no problem selling him. He's clearly ambitious and Tottenham have had a dearth of quality at left-back for years. If anything I'd say Taylor is stiffer competition than Danny Rose. We're well equipped with Neil and it's an extra lump sum that can be put towards a better cause and our team doesn't suffer that much.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:45 - Jun 30 with 2320 viewsAngelRangelQS

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:32 - Jun 30 by Drizzy

There's nowhere near enough hype around Ben. There's enough to warrant a small inflation in his value but it's not close to Luke Shaw level delirium. £8m is excessive as it is. If he'd pushed on from his first season we could probably ask for £10m but his value suffered as the team did.

I'm not suggesting we sell for the sake of it but if a reasonable offer comes in (£8m plus) then I'd have no problem selling him. He's clearly ambitious and Tottenham have had a dearth of quality at left-back for years. If anything I'd say Taylor is stiffer competition than Danny Rose. We're well equipped with Neil and it's an extra lump sum that can be put towards a better cause and our team doesn't suffer that much.

Agree with this
Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:12 - Jun 30 with 2230 viewsDarran

Davies to Spurs?.. on 20:45 - Jun 30 by AngelRangelQS

Agree with this

He can actually talk a bit of sense when he's not acting the tw*t.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:13 - Jun 30 with 2226 viewsNeath_Jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:12 - Jun 30 by Darran

He can actually talk a bit of sense when he's not acting the tw*t.

One of the best posters on here when it comes to football to be fair.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:15 - Jun 30 with 2216 viewsDarran

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:13 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

One of the best posters on here when it comes to football to be fair.

Yes when he's not being a knob.

Login to get fewer ads

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:18 - Jun 30 with 2195 viewsNeath_Jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:15 - Jun 30 by Darran

Yes when he's not being a knob.

We can all be knobs on here Dar when we want to, you are a perfect example of that phenomenon yourself. Being a knob i mean, not a good poster

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:19 - Jun 30 with 2182 viewsDarran

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:18 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

We can all be knobs on here Dar when we want to, you are a perfect example of that phenomenon yourself. Being a knob i mean, not a good poster

Arse.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:34 - Jun 30 with 2126 viewsUxbridge

Well, in the last week Shaw went to Man Utd for £30m and Livermore went to Hull for £8m.

I know which one my valuation for Davies would be nearer.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:51 - Jun 30 with 2059 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:34 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Well, in the last week Shaw went to Man Utd for £30m and Livermore went to Hull for £8m.

I know which one my valuation for Davies would be nearer.

You aren't saying Davies is worth £19m+, Shirley?
Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:54 - Jun 30 with 2045 viewsDarran

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:51 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

He's Shakys apprentice mun.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:55 - Jun 30 with 1943 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 21:51 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

I'd certainly be valuing him at that level as a starting level for sure. Allen's set the benchmark. If squad fodder is going for 8m these days then you're way undervaluing him by thinking he's only worth a few million due to a dodgy second half of a season he was IMO mismanaged over.

Methinks your valuation is skewed based on your view of his form last year. It's a factor of course but one of many.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:58 - Jun 30 with 1924 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:55 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

I'd certainly be valuing him at that level as a starting level for sure. Allen's set the benchmark. If squad fodder is going for 8m these days then you're way undervaluing him by thinking he's only worth a few million due to a dodgy second half of a season he was IMO mismanaged over.

Methinks your valuation is skewed based on your view of his form last year. It's a factor of course but one of many.

Methinks your valuation is skewed by psychotropic drugs...
Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:00 - Jun 30 with 1916 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 22:58 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

Methinks your valuation is skewed by psychotropic drugs...

Oh dear. You're not going to get all menopausal like the Froch thread just because I disagree are you?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:08 - Jun 30 with 1869 viewstylagarwjack

The fact is we are financially sound and therefore don't have to sell, when you also add in the fact that we probably don't want to sell either then those two factors will drive the price up considerably. Ben is not as good a prospect as Shaw but if he is close to 30m then why should we have any interest in selling at 10m, got to be 15m at least in today's market and whether he's worth that is a different debate. If Spurs want him them that's (hopefully) what they'll have to pay, tough negotiator or not (Levy).
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 23:10]
Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:12 - Jun 30 with 1847 viewsDr_Winston

This.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:15 - Jun 30 with 1825 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:00 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Oh dear. You're not going to get all menopausal like the Froch thread just because I disagree are you?

Not me, old fruit.

If he does go, we'll be lucky to get £10m and we'd be crazy not to take it.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:15 - Jun 30 with 1824 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:08 - Jun 30 by tylagarwjack

The fact is we are financially sound and therefore don't have to sell, when you also add in the fact that we probably don't want to sell either then those two factors will drive the price up considerably. Ben is not as good a prospect as Shaw but if he is close to 30m then why should we have any interest in selling at 10m, got to be 15m at least in today's market and whether he's worth that is a different debate. If Spurs want him them that's (hopefully) what they'll have to pay, tough negotiator or not (Levy).
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 23:10]

Exactly.

We don't need to sell, hell we don't want to sell. The player isn't agitating for a move, he isn't out of contract, he's younger than half my shoes and it'd cost a fair chunk to buy some one to fill the squad place anyway. Utterly pointless at 8m.

Levy might come in at 6. We should come in at several times that. I'd be very disappointed if we settled for less than we got for Joey who, IMO at least, was an inferior prospect, and very disappointed if we settled for half his fee.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:16 - Jun 30 with 1818 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:15 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

Not me, old fruit.

If he does go, we'll be lucky to get £10m and we'd be crazy not to take it.

Why do we want go sell? We don't need to or want to. That adds a substantial premium.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:22 - Jun 30 with 1782 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:16 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Why do we want go sell? We don't need to or want to. That adds a substantial premium.

Agree there. Fee based on Davies and/or Taylor wanting to go.

Mind you, if he carries his form through to next season we're going to look spectacularly f*ckig stoopid turning that amount down...
Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:26 - Jun 30 with 1763 viewsC_jack

Far too much logic trying to be applied to the conundrum that is the football transfer market.

£10m is a pittance to us now, if we're ever accepting that kind of fee for one of our players it's to get them off the books ASAP, which I don't think is the plan for Ben.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:26 - Jun 30 with 1759 viewsStarsky

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:22 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

Mind you, if he carries his form through to next season we're going to look spectacularly f*ckig stoopid turning that amount down...

And then, if he has another season with us like his first season then we can increase his value.
Daillew sends his regards

It's just the internet, init.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:29 - Jun 30 with 1744 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:22 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

Form goes up and down, as does value. It'll hardly be a Michu drop in value even if he turns into Leigh effin Devulgt. Plus we'll need two LBs anyway.

I just don't see the point of selling unless it's an offer too good to turn down, and £8m just ain't that. There's too much upside for that. It might well be a fair market value if we were looking to sell, and even that's arguable IMO, but we're not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024