Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies to Spurs?.. 15:47 - Jun 29 with 35883 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

No idea how reliable this report is but apparently Spurs have "in principle" agreed terms with Ben Davies.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/mobile//Premier-League/Tottenham-Hotspur/Spurs-agre
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 15:54]

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:33 - Jun 30 with 2505 viewsStarsky

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:29 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Form goes up and down, as does value. It'll hardly be a Michu drop in value even if he turns into Leigh effin Devulgt. Plus we'll need two LBs anyway.

I just don't see the point of selling unless it's an offer too good to turn down, and £8m just ain't that. There's too much upside for that. It might well be a fair market value if we were looking to sell, and even that's arguable IMO, but we're not.

Agreed. Warwick's having a Darran

It's just the internet, init.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:33 - Jun 30 with 2505 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:26 - Jun 30 by Starsky

And then, if he has another season with us like his first season then we can increase his value.
Daillew sends his regards

Pretty much what I said in another thread. A bit of a gamble either way...

PM'd you, c*ntpipe.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:33 - Jun 30 with 2505 viewsllareggub

agreed we dont need to sell neither do we want to sell however we have a very good replacement in neil taylor along with a young prospect with league experience in the new lad we have just signed ...........in which case if ben wants to go , providing spurs meet 'our' valuation i think it may be worth selling him after all how long can we put neil taylors career on hold that said if this sale does go through i dont expect taylor to be up to speed till about christmas ........make no mistake losing ben an playing taylor will lose us a couple of points this season but long term if taylor can get up to speed things are looking good i hope ........the more i think of it take the money (15 million + ) spurs can carry on warming gylfis arse on the bench we shouldnt pay or negotiate the figures being mentioned for a bench warmer .
Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:36 - Jun 30 with 2487 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:26 - Jun 30 by C_jack

Far too much logic trying to be applied to the conundrum that is the football transfer market.

£10m is a pittance to us now, if we're ever accepting that kind of fee for one of our players it's to get them off the books ASAP, which I don't think is the plan for Ben.

How many of our players would fetch £10m+?
Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:37 - Jun 30 with 2479 viewsDarran

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:33 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

Pretty much what I said in another thread. A bit of a gamble either way...

PM'd you, c*ntpipe.

F*ck you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:41 - Jun 30 with 2454 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:33 - Jun 30 by Starsky

Agreed. Warwick's having a Darran

Bit harsh. At least Warwick adds value to this place. Not on this thread of course, but still ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:45 - Jun 30 with 2431 viewsStarsky

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:41 - Jun 30 by Uxbridge

Bit harsh. At least Warwick adds value to this place. Not on this thread of course, but still ...

My grammar has never been better. I owe him so much for that.

It's just the internet, init.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:48 - Jun 30 with 2413 viewsC_jack

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:36 - Jun 30 by WarwickHunt

How many of our players would fetch £10m+?

Any of them that we would particularly like to keep. £10m isn't a figure that I see us getting particularly googly-eyed about any more.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:13 - Jul 1 with 2232 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 23:48 - Jun 30 by C_jack

Any of them that we would particularly like to keep. £10m isn't a figure that I see us getting particularly googly-eyed about any more.

However, the reality is that if we were offered £10m for anyone other than Wilf ( with the possible exception of Jonjo) they'd be out the door quicker than shit through a goose ...
Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:26 - Jul 1 with 2208 viewsDr_Winston

Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:13 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

However, the reality is that if we were offered £10m for anyone other than Wilf ( with the possible exception of Jonjo) they'd be out the door quicker than shit through a goose ...

Like Joe Allen was?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:45 - Jul 1 with 2161 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:26 - Jul 1 by Dr_Winston

Like Joe Allen was?

I don't remember us trying too hard to stand in his way...
Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:52 - Jul 1 with 2143 viewsDr_Winston

Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:45 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

I don't remember us trying too hard to stand in his way...

I don't remember us accepting a sub £10m offer gleefully. I remember us holding out for every penny Liverpool were obligated to offer if they wanted him.

Sorry, but unless Davies has a similar clause the club would be barking f*cking mad to accept less than a third of the price a similar player has already gone for this summer. That would be bad business sense, never mind football.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:05 - Jul 1 with 2109 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 07:52 - Jul 1 by Dr_Winston

I don't remember us accepting a sub £10m offer gleefully. I remember us holding out for every penny Liverpool were obligated to offer if they wanted him.

Sorry, but unless Davies has a similar clause the club would be barking f*cking mad to accept less than a third of the price a similar player has already gone for this summer. That would be bad business sense, never mind football.

Not sure a sub £10m offer was made for Joe. Also a bit of a one-off as B-Rodge was desperate for his system to work quickly.
Anyway, not really relevant as I was referring to current players...

As for a third for a "similar" player ( highly debateable that he's anywhere near Shaw's level but never mind) that would be... let me see... oooh £10m.

I rest my case.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:18 - Jul 1 with 2082 viewsUxbridge

You might want to reread Jobbie's comment,old chap.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2014 8:19]

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:20 - Jul 1 with 2065 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:18 - Jul 1 by Uxbridge

You might want to reread Jobbie's comment,old chap.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2014 8:19]

?
Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:24 - Jul 1 with 2050 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:20 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

?

He's saying we'd be mad to accept an offer of less than £10m, not that £10m would be OK to accept. Big difference.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:30 - Jul 1 with 2032 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:24 - Jul 1 by Uxbridge

He's saying we'd be mad to accept an offer of less than £10m, not that £10m would be OK to accept. Big difference.

Err...yes, I got that.
I think we'd sell at £10m though. Opinions like...

Care for a small wager that if he does go it'll be closer to £8m than £30m?
Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:36 - Jul 1 with 2009 viewsWarwickHunt

Aye aye - dailew's carer's late this morning.
Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:46 - Jul 1 with 1984 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:30 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

Err...yes, I got that.
I think we'd sell at £10m though. Opinions like...

Care for a small wager that if he does go it'll be closer to £8m than £30m?

If they sell for single figures then I'm going to be very disappointed. If it's less than £15m I can't really see the point either. The fact the offers haven't been dismissed out of hand leads me to believe my views are not necessarily held by the club.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:52 - Jul 1 with 1966 viewswaynekerr55

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:46 - Jul 1 by Uxbridge

If they sell for single figures then I'm going to be very disappointed. If it's less than £15m I can't really see the point either. The fact the offers haven't been dismissed out of hand leads me to believe my views are not necessarily held by the club.

Which in itself seems odd, given that Ben is seen as a good character for the squad and Taylor is seen as a bit of a berty big bollocks

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:56 - Jul 1 with 1951 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:52 - Jul 1 by waynekerr55

Which in itself seems odd, given that Ben is seen as a good character for the squad and Taylor is seen as a bit of a berty big bollocks

Wouldn't know about that, but can only assume it's all part of the whole Gylfi game. While I like Gylfi, I'd want a whole chunk of change as well if we were looking at swapping.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 09:14 - Jul 1 with 1931 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 08:46 - Jul 1 by Uxbridge

So that's a no then...
Davies to Spurs?.. on 09:32 - Jul 1 with 1892 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 09:14 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

So that's a no then...

It's a flawed question. I don't see any point in selling him unless the offer is too big to refuse, which single digits ain't.

Davies to Spurs?.. on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 1872 viewsWarwickHunt

Davies to Spurs?.. on 09:32 - Jul 1 by Uxbridge

It's a flawed question. I don't see any point in selling him unless the offer is too big to refuse, which single digits ain't.

Well, if Spurs offer 8 or 9 and we're in any sort of discussion with them I'm sure another club will step in with much bigger offer if he's such an obvious bargain...
Davies to Spurs?.. on 09:42 - Jul 1 with 1865 viewsUxbridge

Davies to Spurs?.. on 09:39 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

Well, if Spurs offer 8 or 9 and we're in any sort of discussion with them I'm sure another club will step in with much bigger offer if he's such an obvious bargain...

Because if someone offers market value for a player we should sell them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024