Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Who 21:43 - Jul 11 with 2571 viewsW12SG2

Just got tickets for me & my son, 18 December. Anyone else going? A bit steep, pushing the boat out, but I just love Shepherds Bush, Mods, QPR & all that.
The Who on 00:25 - Jul 12 with 2514 viewsbob566

Not going as I live in Dublin. Saw them here a few years ago. Great gig. Enjoy. I'm jealous.
The Who on 03:47 - Jul 12 with 2481 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was working on the Jools they played on last.

They still have it, even with two gone.

It will be a great evening.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Who on 07:36 - Jul 12 with 2442 viewscollegeranger

Seen them loads over the years and managed to see them at Madison Square Gardens In New York on the last tour when I was on business over there! I doubt I will go this time as I hate the O2 ... soulless aircraft hanger!
The Who on 08:08 - Jul 12 with 2429 viewsFearless

Yep, 2 of us going from HU

Agree about the O2 though - went to the quadrophenia tour there a year or so ago and the sound was very poor - better seats this time so hoping for a better result

Seen them at the RAH a few times - never a problem with the sound there
The Who on 09:53 - Jul 12 with 2385 viewsDiscodroid

The Who on 08:08 - Jul 12 by Fearless

Yep, 2 of us going from HU

Agree about the O2 though - went to the quadrophenia tour there a year or so ago and the sound was very poor - better seats this time so hoping for a better result

Seen them at the RAH a few times - never a problem with the sound there

i went to that as well on the sunday night, left before the end...£75 tickets to sit at the back , i think i was watching the who, it could have been the light house family im still not sure.

it was like watching the cast of micheal bentines 'potty time'. like you say the sound was hopeless.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Who on 10:02 - Jul 12 with 2375 viewsSomersetHoops

If we are talking about venues for music I saw Muse and Green Day at the Emirates great gigs and a great venue for music, although I've not yet been there to watch football.

Who's Next?

The Who on 12:41 - Jul 12 with 2337 viewsqpr1976

I'm there Wed 17th.

Saw the Quadrophenia tour there and it was very good. I thought the sounds was OK.
But then I've been to the RAH a few times and found the sound rather poor !?

Perhaps my hearing is going the same way as White City's very own - Townsend.
The Who on 13:40 - Jul 12 with 2312 viewsMonahoop

The Who on 00:25 - Jul 12 by bob566

Not going as I live in Dublin. Saw them here a few years ago. Great gig. Enjoy. I'm jealous.

They're playing in Dublin in November.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Login to get fewer ads

The Who on 16:22 - Jul 12 with 2254 viewsJuzzie

I'm already working on the "who Hits 50" album coming out in November. Just hope I can get tickets through work (paid for of course).
The Who on 18:28 - Jul 12 with 2233 viewsbob566

The Who on 13:40 - Jul 12 by Monahoop

They're playing in Dublin in November.

Didn't know that. Thanks
The Who on 18:52 - Jul 12 with 2218 viewsizlingtonhoop

Somehow I've missed the Who til now. Idiot!
Anyhow I got a pair; for me and Junior Iz. Pretty excited. Even without the two absent friends.
Was just thinking, if I had gone to see a 50 year old band when I was 14 they would have been from 1927.
Things are different now I guess...
The Who on 18:58 - Jul 12 with 2216 viewsMonahoop

The Who on 18:28 - Jul 12 by bob566

Didn't know that. Thanks

Nov 26th to be precise bob at the O2. Wouldn't mind going myself, but I'm going to a few more gigs around then so have to watch the pennies, but you never know.

Would love to have been at the Daltry/Wilko Johnson gig at Shepherds Bush back in March. Anyone on here go? Seen the gig on You Tube. Looked excellent. Daltry still has it in the vocal department where as many at his age should have given up years ago.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

The Who on 19:09 - Jul 12 with 2210 viewsElHoop

I saw them at wembley arena in 1975. Second gig I ever went to. Seems a very long time ago now. They were really fecking loud - the loudest gig I've ever been to I think. Powerhouse stuff. Haven't seen them since. I use to have one of these posters:

The Who on 23:18 - Jul 12 with 2149 viewsFearless

The Who on 18:58 - Jul 12 by Monahoop

Nov 26th to be precise bob at the O2. Wouldn't mind going myself, but I'm going to a few more gigs around then so have to watch the pennies, but you never know.

Would love to have been at the Daltry/Wilko Johnson gig at Shepherds Bush back in March. Anyone on here go? Seen the gig on You Tube. Looked excellent. Daltry still has it in the vocal department where as many at his age should have given up years ago.

Yeah, I was at that (Wilko/Daltrey) and it was brilliant

Bizarrely, a couple if weeks later I was at RAH for Poalo Nutini (ten age cancer trust gig) and Lianne la Havas was the support. That morning they added an extra support - yep, wilko/Daltrey

The place was empty, but luckily I'd checked the website and was there in time
The Who on 11:28 - Jul 14 with 2041 viewssimmo

Saw them quitea few years back, luckily when Entwistle was still slapping the bass. He played a 12min bass solo - it was magnificent.

Not sure I would be that excited these days, a lot of money too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Who on 11:45 - Jul 14 with 2025 viewsrobith

The Who on 12:41 - Jul 12 by qpr1976

I'm there Wed 17th.

Saw the Quadrophenia tour there and it was very good. I thought the sounds was OK.
But then I've been to the RAH a few times and found the sound rather poor !?

Perhaps my hearing is going the same way as White City's very own - Townsend.

I've always found the sound for amplified bands at the RAH pretty poor tbh.

Likewise I saw Arcade fire play in a church years ago. While they were fantastic, the sound was just booming off the marble making an awful echo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024