Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. 22:30 - Jul 17 with 9068 viewsHAYESBOY

Stated on SSN.

Explains the chase for centre halves, but............

Who plays wing back?

Traore is a natural on the left, but Simpson on the right?

Could Phillips play there? Rules out 2 up front?

Be interesting to see first friendly.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 13:40 - Jul 18 with 990 viewsWadR

I agree with all you say there TacticalR. There were a few times we tried wingbacks last year, Watford at home and Charlton away, and it didn't really ever work for us.

What I remember from that Blackpool game was that given that they scored early, they were more than happy to leave our CBs in possession and only close down if the ball came into midfield. It got to the point where Dunne, of all people, ended up having to drive forward just to make space for our midfielders. To play 3-5-2/5-3-2/5-2-3 requires the midfielders to do a lot of work, be always looking for space and comfortable receiving the ball under pressure. It's certainly a formation that'll suit being the underdog and having to be on the backfoot for the majority of games. Steve Bruce used it very well last season at Hull.

I also don't think there's any reason why we couldn't play 5-2-3, with wingers ahead of the wingbacks. Wigan did it regularly in 2011/12, with Moses and Rodallega(?)

What's promising is that Redknapp is talking about playing 3 CBs and wingbacks now rather than trying it out 2/3rds of the way through a long season without much training to implement it. Hopefully means that he'll be signing players for a particular role in that formation.
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 13:52 - Jul 18 with 973 viewsPinnerPaul

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:57 - Jul 18 by Pommyhoop

Your joking?? He's ditched Ned already???

Nope I'm holding it in til it really happens.

Gggrrrrrrrrrr

Usual people looking to put the knife in Harry.

ACTUALLY said " I'm playing 3 at the back. We've got Hill, Dunne, Onuhua and now Rio. So he (Caulker) would be playing with some very good experienced players"
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 00:02 - Jul 19 with 890 viewsvblockranger

3 at the back needs an organized disciplined well drilled team...we havent had one of those since Warnock got booted so bad, bad idea.
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 00:12 - Jul 19 with 886 viewsPommyhoop

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 13:52 - Jul 18 by PinnerPaul

Usual people looking to put the knife in Harry.

ACTUALLY said " I'm playing 3 at the back. We've got Hill, Dunne, Onuhua and now Rio. So he (Caulker) would be playing with some very good experienced players"

ACTUALLY I paid no heed whatsoever to what H says to the media..
Some people think he's clever at the media game .I think he's just a compulsive liar...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024