Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. 22:30 - Jul 17 with 9069 viewsHAYESBOY

Stated on SSN.

Explains the chase for centre halves, but............

Who plays wing back?

Traore is a natural on the left, but Simpson on the right?

Could Phillips play there? Rules out 2 up front?

Be interesting to see first friendly.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 09:48 - Jul 18 with 1376 viewsfacto

in harry we trust!!
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:00 - Jul 18 with 1356 viewspaulparker

I think if we play 4-4-2 with Rio & Another we will be to open
a back 3 will make us hard to beat, HR has been banging on for ages about Rio being a ball playing CB and how England should have played him in a sweeper position,
if played right and we play simpson & Traore as WB's get a 2 more midfielders one a defensive player (Delph) and a ball player( ki or shelvety) to go with Barton , then there is no reason why we cannot finish 15th/16th

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:05 - Jul 18 with 1340 viewsdaveB

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 09:46 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought Hull did it well, and I like it, but I had the feeling, Dave (based on a sketchy memory!) that West Ham and certainly Spurs were more predominantly a flat back four team, no?

I don't think I ever saw Pompey under Redknapp.

At Spurs it was a back 4 but he had 2 excellent wingers so was pointless to play 3 at the back with them. At West Ham he played 3 at the back for a year or 2 when he had De Canio in the side.

He's a pragmatic manager, always has been I don't think he has a set way of playing he tends to change club by club and I wouldn't expect it to be 3 at the back every week either
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:07 - Jul 18 with 1336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:00 - Jul 18 by paulparker

I think if we play 4-4-2 with Rio & Another we will be to open
a back 3 will make us hard to beat, HR has been banging on for ages about Rio being a ball playing CB and how England should have played him in a sweeper position,
if played right and we play simpson & Traore as WB's get a 2 more midfielders one a defensive player (Delph) and a ball player( ki or shelvety) to go with Barton , then there is no reason why we cannot finish 15th/16th

Good analysis, and you've a great point when you mention Ferdinand's susceptability in a back four, especially when you add in the fact that Hill and Dunne lack pace as well.

Your point is definitely one in favour of it happening.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:08 - Jul 18 with 1332 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 22:31 - Jul 17 by rosseeles

Simpson gets forward a fair bit and puts in a good cross, so he'd fit there no problem

I love Danny Simpson. But one thing he absolutely cannot do (apart from once, to Charlie I think) is put in a decent cross. He's not a wing back in a million years.

Bare bones.

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:08 - Jul 18 with 1332 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:05 - Jul 18 by daveB

At Spurs it was a back 4 but he had 2 excellent wingers so was pointless to play 3 at the back with them. At West Ham he played 3 at the back for a year or 2 when he had De Canio in the side.

He's a pragmatic manager, always has been I don't think he has a set way of playing he tends to change club by club and I wouldn't expect it to be 3 at the back every week either

Ok, thanks for the info about the Happy Hammers (no-one calls them that anymore, do they?).

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:23 - Jul 18 with 1286 viewsPommyhoop

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:05 - Jul 18 by daveB

Very polite way of saying he wings it and is a bit clueless...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:25 - Jul 18 with 1286 viewspaulparker

we played the same system in the 87/88 season , but with fenwick playing the sweeper macca & parker as the CB's , we had a great start that year and went top for a bit when we beat Everton 1-0 (martin allen screamer after he handballed it)
point is , that season we were the only team to play that system and teams couldn't figure how to play against us , likewise if we play it this year we could be a surprise package as many teams still play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

also it could well be we play matt Phillips on the right as wing back, get Remy up top and I reckon we could surprise a few

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:34 - Jul 18 with 1277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:25 - Jul 18 by paulparker

we played the same system in the 87/88 season , but with fenwick playing the sweeper macca & parker as the CB's , we had a great start that year and went top for a bit when we beat Everton 1-0 (martin allen screamer after he handballed it)
point is , that season we were the only team to play that system and teams couldn't figure how to play against us , likewise if we play it this year we could be a surprise package as many teams still play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

also it could well be we play matt Phillips on the right as wing back, get Remy up top and I reckon we could surprise a few

We were top or a good few weeks weren't we, PP? Came undone at Anfield when we were missing wing-backs Fereday and Dawes, looked fazed, and lost 4-0.

Great season, though.

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:44 - Jul 18 with 1256 viewsdaveB

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:23 - Jul 18 by Pommyhoop

Very polite way of saying he wings it and is a bit clueless...

I don't think you can have the career he's had if you are clueless
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:48 - Jul 18 with 1252 viewspaulparker

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:34 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

We were top or a good few weeks weren't we, PP? Came undone at Anfield when we were missing wing-backs Fereday and Dawes, looked fazed, and lost 4-0.

Great season, though.

that's the one Brian, mind you Liverpool had an awesome team that year and ripped the division a new one , I think that game was featured in the programme where the team were hypnotised or something like that

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:10 - Jul 18 with 1231 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:48 - Jul 18 by paulparker

that's the one Brian, mind you Liverpool had an awesome team that year and ripped the division a new one , I think that game was featured in the programme where the team were hypnotised or something like that

I haven't watched that QED programme since it aired. I know it's on Youtube but I just can't. I remember it being cringeworthy.

That Liverpool game was the one and only time I heard QPR fans do monkey chants, by the way. Only two knuckleheads, and they got an unmerciful kicking for it.

Ya, that Liverpool team were class. Being honest, as well as we started, we wouldn't have been top so long only they had games in hand on us as couldn't use Anfield for a while (collapsed sewers, was it?). Christ, they were good.

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:28 - Jul 18 with 1218 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we play with a back 3 though, where do Phillips and Hoillett fit in? I can't see any 3 man defensive formations where the wingers have a role to play, and they are basically our only young pacy players!

Plus do we really think we can rely on Traore as a left wing back?
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:30 - Jul 18 with 1214 viewspaulparker

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:10 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I haven't watched that QED programme since it aired. I know it's on Youtube but I just can't. I remember it being cringeworthy.

That Liverpool game was the one and only time I heard QPR fans do monkey chants, by the way. Only two knuckleheads, and they got an unmerciful kicking for it.

Ya, that Liverpool team were class. Being honest, as well as we started, we wouldn't have been top so long only they had games in hand on us as couldn't use Anfield for a while (collapsed sewers, was it?). Christ, they were good.

Yeah That was a bad programme Brian but those were the days when anything QPR on the box was as rare as rocking horse sh it , bar the odd goal clip on saint & greavsie

we took quite a big following for that game & started well until Barnes ran the show , if memory serves me right I think they reclaimed top spot that day , don't remember the monkey chants TBH

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:38 - Jul 18 with 1203 viewsPommyhoop

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 10:44 - Jul 18 by daveB

I don't think you can have the career he's had if you are clueless

You can always tail off in a career( even a non descript one, One FA cup..wooohoooo). Loose focus ,mind not quite where it should be.Maybe regret missed oppurtunities .Even if they were not realistic and reinforced by well meaning friends.

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:42 - Jul 18 with 1147 viewsMedwayR

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:28 - Jul 18 by adhoc_qpr

If we play with a back 3 though, where do Phillips and Hoillett fit in? I can't see any 3 man defensive formations where the wingers have a role to play, and they are basically our only young pacy players!

Plus do we really think we can rely on Traore as a left wing back?

I think it'll be a 5-4-1 with a midfield of Phillips-Barton-?-Hoilett with Remy or Austin up top. If we use the system I'm expecting it will be vital that the wide men get forward to support the lone striker, we'll also need to make the most of set-pieces as I expect we'll be solid but lacking in attack, similar to last season I guess.

Poll: Who’s better?

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:47 - Jul 18 with 1136 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:30 - Jul 18 by paulparker

Yeah That was a bad programme Brian but those were the days when anything QPR on the box was as rare as rocking horse sh it , bar the odd goal clip on saint & greavsie

we took quite a big following for that game & started well until Barnes ran the show , if memory serves me right I think they reclaimed top spot that day , don't remember the monkey chants TBH

Ya, they went top alright, and we never saw them for dust. We won our next game against Pompey at home, I'm pretty sure we played averagely but Fenwick nicked it with a late free kick. After that we drew a load and lost a few and started to slide.

As for the monkey chants there was only two of them - dressed identically - black leather jackets, orange-tinted shades, the whole Nazi Nine Yards. They were right behind me for a while. Never saw them before or since. Fugg 'em.

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:49 - Jul 18 with 1125 viewsPommyhoop

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:47 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, they went top alright, and we never saw them for dust. We won our next game against Pompey at home, I'm pretty sure we played averagely but Fenwick nicked it with a late free kick. After that we drew a load and lost a few and started to slide.

As for the monkey chants there was only two of them - dressed identically - black leather jackets, orange-tinted shades, the whole Nazi Nine Yards. They were right behind me for a while. Never saw them before or since. Fugg 'em.

F'cking wierdo's..

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:50 - Jul 18 with 1125 viewseghamranger

Harry has mentioned Ferdinand caulker and Dunne at the back. Surely Ned for Dunne or we will lack pace at the back, caulker (if we do get him) will be knackered every week.
Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:57 - Jul 18 with 1108 viewsPommyhoop

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:50 - Jul 18 by eghamranger

Harry has mentioned Ferdinand caulker and Dunne at the back. Surely Ned for Dunne or we will lack pace at the back, caulker (if we do get him) will be knackered every week.

Your joking?? He's ditched Ned already???

Nope I'm holding it in til it really happens.

Gggrrrrrrrrrr

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 12:15 - Jul 18 with 1088 viewspaulparker

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 11:47 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I was at the Pompey game with the Fenwick free kick , remember the shouts of Bruno, Bruno in the SAR as Frank was fighting Joe Bugner that night,
god where do the years go ??

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 12:16 - Jul 18 with 1084 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 12:15 - Jul 18 by paulparker

I was at the Pompey game with the Fenwick free kick , remember the shouts of Bruno, Bruno in the SAR as Frank was fighting Joe Bugner that night,
god where do the years go ??

Just googled Bugner - He's 64!!!

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 12:22 - Jul 18 with 1078 viewsPommyhoop

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 12:16 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Just googled Bugner - He's 64!!!

LOL ..
He was Aussie Joe back then.
Good Man!!
Remember Harry Carpenter losing his BBC impartiality in the Bruno .Tyson fight??
Get in there Frank...

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 12:24 - Jul 18 with 1070 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 12:22 - Jul 18 by Pommyhoop

LOL ..
He was Aussie Joe back then.
Good Man!!
Remember Harry Carpenter losing his BBC impartiality in the Bruno .Tyson fight??
Get in there Frank...

Redknapp-3 at the back-87/88-Liverpool away-Pompey at home-Fenwick free kick-Bruno-Bugner...

Anyone think we've gone far enough off-topic? No? Fine so, let's plough on...

Harry looking to play a back 3 this season. on 13:05 - Jul 18 with 1035 viewsTacticalR

3 at the back - all the cool kids are doing it. And that Roberto Martínez, what a fine fellow.

I will try to keep an open mind, but the last time we tried it (end of March at home to Blackpool) it was a mess, for a number of reasons:

'Whatever it was supposed to be, in practice it was 5 at the back. If the idea was to get the backs forward it didn't work because Hughes can't cross and BAE looked very rusty even though he's only been out for a few games. At one point I saw Hill and BAE almost treading on each other's toes.'

I tried to keep an eye out for how Wigan did it at HQ in the play-offs, and it seemed to work for them, although it requires the 3 at the back to be comfortable on the ball and comfortable with having considerable space between them. It put quite a lot of pressure on the bloke on their right as even though he was looking to pass from the back he didn't always have someone to pass to so ended up hoofing it forwards every now and then.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024