Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin 16:52 - Aug 12 with 3439 viewsThe_Mole

Apologies chaps if this has been discussed to death before, but I was just wondering how Ali is looking since his second ACL? I haven't been able to attend any of the friendlies and was curious if he looks any where near what he was getting towards before the Derby home game last year?

Will he start alongside Barton on Saturday?

Many thanks
Faurlin on 20:59 - Aug 12 with 3158 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd be interested in this too - obviously you can't tell much from friendlies but is he looking fit?

I've got very low expectations of Ale this season, as not many players seem to come back from two consecutive knee ligament injuries - i'd be delighted to be proved wrong in this case.
Faurlin on 21:02 - Aug 12 with 3147 viewswombat

Faurlin on 20:59 - Aug 12 by adhoc_qpr

I'd be interested in this too - obviously you can't tell much from friendlies but is he looking fit?

I've got very low expectations of Ale this season, as not many players seem to come back from two consecutive knee ligament injuries - i'd be delighted to be proved wrong in this case.

Looked ok to me so far , chucking himself about in the middle , little off the pace on sat but that will come him and Barton gives us a solid platform for mutch to link with the attack and us not getting Caught out to much

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Faurlin on 21:09 - Aug 12 with 3113 viewsadhoc_qpr

Faurlin on 21:02 - Aug 12 by wombat

Looked ok to me so far , chucking himself about in the middle , little off the pace on sat but that will come him and Barton gives us a solid platform for mutch to link with the attack and us not getting Caught out to much

Good to hear, hope he can catch a well deserved break (plus i wasn't looking forward to a Barton/Henry axis...).

He deserves a a real crack at the prem.
Faurlin on 21:10 - Aug 12 with 3108 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Faurlin on 21:02 - Aug 12 by wombat

I agree with Master Wombat, but would add that I thought he looked keen and eager too, not shying away from things. Rusty yes but still something to offer I reckon, and maybe just maybe an injury free season with plenty of games and he will be as near to his best as he can be.

One of those time will tell things, but didn't look at all out of place from what I've seen.
Faurlin on 21:36 - Aug 12 with 3028 viewsWadR

Clive tweeted this on Saturday-
"Ale Faurlin is the best player on the pitch IMO. Importantly he's going up and winning headers, big mental problem on his last return."

That 2nd sentence is key, he was really tentative when going for headers (a real strength of his) and some tackles when he came back from his last ACL. If he's got the confidence to go in for those midfield scraps and 2nd balls, IMO, that's far more important than a possible loss of pace.

From what I've seen of him in pre-season (not that much), he was great against a rubbish Shamrock Rovers and alright in the half I watched of us against PAOK. I'd expect him to start on Saturday, there's not much of an alternative, but would b surprised if he's Redknapp starting centre-mid by the end of the August.
Faurlin on 12:40 - Aug 13 with 2781 viewsTacticalR

ACL is not a contact injury, so tackling is not a problem. It's caused by turning with one foot planted on the ground or by landing after a header. There must be some standard approach that players who have had an ACL can use to deal with headers (I don't know what it is).

I wonder if Faurlin and Hoddle will be kindred spirits?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 12:49]

Air hostess clique

Faurlin on 12:41 - Aug 13 with 2773 viewsBasingstokeR

from the official feeds I watched; Faurlin was making the balls that Barton tries and don't really come off.
Faurlin on 12:48 - Aug 13 with 2730 viewsQPunkR

Faurlin on 12:41 - Aug 13 by BasingstokeR

from the official feeds I watched; Faurlin was making the balls that Barton tries and don't really come off.

Because he's far better, is why

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin on 13:26 - Aug 13 with 2615 viewskensalriser

I liked the look of what he was doing from the little I saw. Always involved and making good forward passes. I don't have anything like as much faith in him as others, two bad injuries plus the amount of time he's been out is going to be hard to come back from, but we've badly missed his particular talents.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Faurlin on 13:39 - Aug 13 with 2565 viewsqueensparker

Great to hear he's winning headers again, that was an outstanding part of his game when we were last in the Prem (and a very under-rated quality in a centre mid).

I really hope having Hoddle around - the guy with the best left-foot I've ever seen - is going to be the making of Faurlin mk3.
Faurlin on 14:26 - Aug 13 with 2473 viewsdaveB

I think he might struggle to get a game if we sign De Guzman as well but looks like he'll probably start this weekend
Faurlin on 15:04 - Aug 13 with 2420 viewswhittocksRs

Word has it he looks sharp and ready to go. He won't be scared - not in his DNA, which is why we love him.
Faurlin on 17:06 - Aug 13 with 2311 viewsjamois

I've always felt that ACLs rob players of pace. Just that first 2 yards off a standing leg - without those in the premier league you're just not at the races regardless of your eye for a pass or whether you're still prepared to get stuck in. I haven't seen Ale - but has he got that instant fuel injection? I know he was never the fastest...

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Faurlin on 17:50 - Aug 13 with 2252 viewsLoft1979

Faurlin on 12:41 - Aug 13 by BasingstokeR

I will stick my neck and say that if the players we are linked to come in , Joey himself could see some time on the bench...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024