Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What 6 Games are we gonna win? 11:30 - Jan 2 with 6229 viewslave16

At home we will be lucky to win 2 or 3 games as we are gonna be playing all the teams that beat us away and away we play so defensive we will be lucky to win 1 or 2 games...
So given that has anyone any ideas what ones we are gonna win...

Plus I though if we had beat palace and swansea we would have been set... we didn't doh

Also I believe Pardew will save Palace and Pulis will save the Baggies so who else is gonna drop.. Leicester and WBA ?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 18:32 - Jan 2 with 1608 viewskysersosaqpr

I reckon either Pardew or Pullis will choke and one of them will go down. The past few games we've done ok in terms of fighting spirit (tad more skill throughout would be welcome though) and just hope we can stay up.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 19:09 - Jan 2 with 1587 viewskropotkin41

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 18:00 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Harry needs to shut up about our thin squad. He's had two years, four transfer windows and a fck load of money to sort it out.

I couldn't agree more that he needs to shut up about it.......... the question is whether (and it's clearly his fault) we do have a fragile, unfit and thin squad.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 19:29 - Jan 2 with 1575 viewsterryb

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 18:28 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Everton don't tend to get a result at Loftus Road, even when they're playing well and we're fcking awful. We even got a draw in the 2012/13 season, and beaten them 3-0 when we were relegated in the 1990s.

Yes, but I remember them scoring four in the first game of the season in 1976!

I certainly wouldn't rule out beating them & it would be good to see them right in the mire.

Villa, Everton & a free falling Newcastle to finish in the bottom three. That would be very nice!
What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 19:57 - Jan 2 with 1554 viewspaulparker

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 19:29 - Jan 2 by terryb

Yes, but I remember them scoring four in the first game of the season in 1976!

I certainly wouldn't rule out beating them & it would be good to see them right in the mire.

Villa, Everton & a free falling Newcastle to finish in the bottom three. That would be very nice!

If villa, Everton & Newcastle go down I would vvank myself to death
All of them "sleeping Giants" to be replaced by Bournemouth , Ipswich and Watford
That would be funny

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 20:50 - Jan 2 with 1529 viewsqprewan

As some of you have pointed out it is more than do able but it does depend on us sorting out our diabolical away form. What worries me and I say this as someone who has been to most of these games, is that this dreadful away record has lasted for quite some time, since Mark Hughes in fact, and I fear that it has now become more than just poor tactics from the manager; it seems to have become an ingrained habit and that could be hard to overturn. Consider last year even in the Championship; we lost at Leicester, Burnley, Derby, Blackburn, Brighton, Bournemouth, Charlton,Doncaster, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest to name the ones I remember. The pattern; at nearly all these games which has Continued this season is that we set up to deny the opposing team, create very few chances per game and score rarely. Hardly ever do we score first.
I am currently agonising as to whether to go to Burnley but I just cannot see us getting anything up there;to win games such as these we will need to not only play more attacking formations but just as importantly change our attitude to one of going all out for the win; unfortunately though this no longer appears to be in our team's dna; we rather follow the philosophy of being too scared of losing. The fact that this has become so blatantly ridiculous as we lose every time anyway doesn't seem to have mentally registered with the management or players.

In short, we are in a rut that has now persisted for around three and half seasons and has Imo now become as much a mental thing as a tactical one.I really hope that I am wrong and we can address this but I have to say that the signs are not good. This by the way is why it would be so good to have a manager such as Eddie Howe at the club...
What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 17:11 - Jan 3 with 1428 viewsGermanranger

What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 20:50 - Jan 2 by qprewan

As some of you have pointed out it is more than do able but it does depend on us sorting out our diabolical away form. What worries me and I say this as someone who has been to most of these games, is that this dreadful away record has lasted for quite some time, since Mark Hughes in fact, and I fear that it has now become more than just poor tactics from the manager; it seems to have become an ingrained habit and that could be hard to overturn. Consider last year even in the Championship; we lost at Leicester, Burnley, Derby, Blackburn, Brighton, Bournemouth, Charlton,Doncaster, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest to name the ones I remember. The pattern; at nearly all these games which has Continued this season is that we set up to deny the opposing team, create very few chances per game and score rarely. Hardly ever do we score first.
I am currently agonising as to whether to go to Burnley but I just cannot see us getting anything up there;to win games such as these we will need to not only play more attacking formations but just as importantly change our attitude to one of going all out for the win; unfortunately though this no longer appears to be in our team's dna; we rather follow the philosophy of being too scared of losing. The fact that this has become so blatantly ridiculous as we lose every time anyway doesn't seem to have mentally registered with the management or players.

In short, we are in a rut that has now persisted for around three and half seasons and has Imo now become as much a mental thing as a tactical one.I really hope that I am wrong and we can address this but I have to say that the signs are not good. This by the way is why it would be so good to have a manager such as Eddie Howe at the club...

I couldn't more agree to this. In every away game I saw,we sad back in hope not to conceed a goal and get a goalless draw. But in 95% this will never happen. We lose the ball far to quick if we just had won it back,had some bad decision making which cost us. If you as a team always chase the ball you can't create some chances your own. But I think,should we soon get something from an away game this can change.
So I'm confident we get enough points to stay up.

My prediction:
Burnley A ................Draw
Man Utd H ..............Lose
Stoke A ....................Draw
Southampton H........Win
Sunderland A............Draw
Hull City A ...............Draw
Tottenham H............Win
Arsenal H ................Lose
Crystal Palace A ......Draw
Everton H .................Win
Albion A ...................Lose
Chelsea H ................Draw
Aston Villa A ............Lose
West Ham H..............Draw
Man City A ...............Lose
Newcastle H .............Win
Leicester A................Draw

This makes 20 Pts and I think would get us save.
What 6 Games are we gonna win? on 17:38 - Jan 3 with 1394 viewsderbyhoop

I said , before the season started, that we would need 10 wins. We've won 5 so far. Given the quality of the sides we have to play in our 8 remaining home games, I struggle to see us winning more than 3 of them. This means we are going to have to win twice away from home.

Frankly, it's a fools game to think you can predict the outcome of 18 games, so I'm not going to even try to predict which games we might win. What I will say is that we won 5 PL Home games on the bounce, including Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs, to stay up by the skin of our teeth. It's doable but, think back to the Summer, how many thought we'd stay up easily.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024