Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red Cards Today 15:03 - Jan 24 with 5541 viewsHuw57

Go on then, which, in your opinion, were right or wrong.

Kyle Bartley's - Not a red.

Gylfi Sigurdsson's - Not a red.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 15:04]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Red Cards Today on 15:06 - Jan 24 with 3384 viewsmagicdaps10

Bartley in my eyes was sent off harshly.

Siggy should have gone, intent was there. The Sigguy sending off is very much a worry, not that type of player and the bod language he showed when given the red was quite worrying.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Red Cards Today on 15:06 - Jan 24 with 3380 viewsChrisSCFC

Bartley's was fair enough he completely misjudged the bounce and impeded King. Hope Siggy's gets rescinded.
Red Cards Today on 15:07 - Jan 24 with 3374 viewsLeonisGod

both right. Both avoidable, siggy's the worse
Red Cards Today on 15:07 - Jan 24 with 3371 viewsAngelRangelQS

Both within the bands of red card offences I think.

Put it this way, neither will be rescinded
Red Cards Today on 15:08 - Jan 24 with 3358 viewsPegojack

Hate to say it, but both were justified.

Siggy's was a 'spite' foul, maybe the guy clipped him a split second before, but the red mist descended. He was off his feet, out of control and studs up, going for the man, not the ball. I wouldn't even bother appealing.
Red Cards Today on 15:13 - Jan 24 with 3308 viewsswansealad69

Both red and have no complaints.
Bartley last man and had his arm across him.
Siggy intent and from behind again right choice.
But in siggys case I think its frustration at our plsy.
With Bartley more lack off finding out about players and adapting to eho they are marking.
Red Cards Today on 15:30 - Jan 24 with 3256 viewsfootball2301

Red Cards Today on 15:13 - Jan 24 by swansealad69

With Bartley more lack off finding out about players and adapting to eho they are marking.

So he's frustrated that means it's ok to get sent off people were slating shelvey when he did a lot less and got sent off
Red Cards Today on 15:30 - Jan 24 with 3248 viewsbuilthjack

Bartley raised his arm, obstructed his opponent. If he had just ran and attacked the ball he would have got it. Poor defending. Red or yellow, could have been either.
Siggy was a silly tackle, in injury time, 3-1 down. No need. Straight red.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Red Cards Today on 15:32 - Jan 24 with 3236 views3swan

Bartley - no should have been a yellow

Sigurdsson - yes, look at the intent on his face as he dived in
Red Cards Today on 15:32 - Jan 24 with 3236 viewsmonkeymike

What I seen of the bartley one - NO
Sigurdsson- YES.
Red Cards Today on 15:32 - Jan 24 with 3235 viewsjackonicko

Both probably red under the laws of the game. Bartley's was unarguable. Siggy harsh - seen many a ref give a yellow for that. But not sure an appeal would be successful having watched it again.
Red Cards Today on 15:33 - Jan 24 with 3224 viewsTrundle10

If Bartley was playing for Man UTD at OT then no way would that have been even a caution
Red Cards Today on 15:43 - Jan 24 with 3184 viewsswansealad69

Red Cards Today on 15:30 - Jan 24 by football2301

So he's frustrated that means it's ok to get sent off people were slating shelvey when he did a lot less and got sent off

Did I say it was ok to get sent off.
What I said it was a red card and he deserved it.
Clearly frustrated and saw red.
What point u are making im not sure.
Red Cards Today on 15:47 - Jan 24 with 3156 viewsskippyjack

They were the correct calls.. the ref was fairly good.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Red Cards Today on 15:55 - Jan 24 with 3118 viewsdobjack2

Red Cards Today on 15:13 - Jan 24 by swansealad69

Both of them stupid and needless and in siggy's case hurting us at a time when we really need him. With Bartley once the ref blew up it should have been res, with siggy it was a tackle from behind seen lots of yellows for those. Could argue both were a little harsh but IMHO fall within red cards.

Sunderland must be pi$$ing themselves laughing.
Red Cards Today on 15:56 - Jan 24 with 3117 viewsunion_jack

Red Cards Today on 15:32 - Jan 24 by monkeymike

What I seen of the bartley one - NO
Sigurdsson- YES.

The ref has no option with Bartley. He could only have escaped the red by a foul not being given. To me, it was a foul so right call. Unfortunately.
Siggy went in from behind with aggression, look at his face. Yes, the ref could have given a yellow but he didn't and as a result no appeals panel us going to overturn it. Unfortunately.

Very happy to be proved wrong though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Red Cards Today on 15:56 - Jan 24 with 3117 viewsgrabsplatter

Red Cards Today on 15:30 - Jan 24 by football2301

No, Gylfi was stupid & got what he deserved - just as jjs has been equally stupid previously.
The only thing I'd say in Gylfis defence is that he hasn't done it before - I'd still fine him for a lack of discipline though.
JJS has previous & could have seen a red for a stray arm a couple of times last season but got away with it
Red Cards Today on 16:20 - Jan 24 with 3041 viewsmonkeymike

gutting, I didnt see his arm going up either I just thought it was shoulder to shoulder.
Would say hopefully see it again after, but feck that
Red Cards Today on 16:31 - Jan 24 with 3013 viewsApeShit

Red Cards Today on 15:32 - Jan 24 by 3swan

Bartley - no should have been a yellow

Sigurdsson - yes, look at the intent on his face as he dived in

How can the ref give a yellow? He's last man on the edge of the box.
Red Cards Today on 16:46 - Jan 24 with 2980 viewsgrabsplatter

Red Cards Today on 16:31 - Jan 24 by ApeShit

How can the ref give a yellow? He's last man on the edge of the box.

Exactly, if it's a foul it has to be a red -
Red Cards Today on 17:43 - Jan 24 with 2915 viewsSheffieldjack

Red Cards Today on 16:46 - Jan 24 by grabsplatter

Exactly, if it's a foul it has to be a red -

Siggy's was definitely a red.

Bartley was unlucky. On another day another ref might have seen it as two players coming together and no foul at all.
Red Cards Today on 17:53 - Jan 24 with 2872 viewscurleigh

Red Cards Today on 15:56 - Jan 24 by union_jack

The ref has no option with Bartley. He could only have escaped the red by a foul not being given. To me, it was a foul so right call. Unfortunately.
Siggy went in from behind with aggression, look at his face. Yes, the ref could have given a yellow but he didn't and as a result no appeals panel us going to overturn it. Unfortunately.

Very happy to be proved wrong though.

To me it looked like King fell into Bartley,he didn't foul him IMO, how many times have you seen bony use his arm to hold defenders off, i thought that was really harsh, Siggy's unfortunately had intent.
Red Cards Today on 17:57 - Jan 24 with 2862 viewsLeonisGod

Red Cards Today on 17:53 - Jan 24 by curleigh

To me it looked like King fell into Bartley,he didn't foul him IMO, how many times have you seen bony use his arm to hold defenders off, i thought that was really harsh, Siggy's unfortunately had intent.

King made the most of it, but as soon as he got in front of Bartley there was only one outcome. Shocking defending as Bartley should never have allowed King in. But that's Bartley all over. He's good attacking the ball (except against And Carroll) , but positionally has always been suspect. Which is why Laudrup shipped him out in the cold.
Red Cards Today on 18:13 - Jan 24 with 2830 viewsjack247

Bartleys - definite red. Last man.
Siggys - harsh, probably a yellow but not a clear cut wrong decision. Probably won't be rescinded if appealed.
Red Cards Today on 18:34 - Jan 24 with 2798 viewsskippyjack

King was going beyond Bartley.. Bartley stuck his arm out impeding him.. he was the last man.. red card.

Gylfi came in from behind.. refs have been urged to show reds for these challenges..

Both errors from our players.. Monk talks about 'they're adapting to my ethos'.. by that he means naive, inexperienced and rash.. he's clearly correct.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024