Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Done move confirmed 22:01 - Feb 2 with 24653 viewsCockneyDale

Confirmed by club on Twitter - Matty Done has gone to Sheff United
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 22:02]
Done move confirmed on 22:19 - Feb 2 with 3428 viewsColDale

Will miss Done, but Hill's track record suggests we'll continue to improve.

Looking back:
We sell Alfie, we get Cog
We sell Hogan, we get Hendo/Done.

There's other examples too, but its getting late.
Done move confirmed on 22:20 - Feb 2 with 3418 viewsdownunder

Can we see what the financial gain is before criticism? Please.
Done move confirmed on 22:20 - Feb 2 with 3409 views1907

What message does this given to the fans? Never been more disappointed in the club than I am right now
Done move confirmed on 22:21 - Feb 2 with 3382 viewsDaley_Lama

Done move confirmed on 22:20 - Feb 2 by downunder

Can we see what the financial gain is before criticism? Please.

Indeed, it will all go to buying the whole ground.

Poll: DF in or out

Done move confirmed on 22:21 - Feb 2 with 3380 viewsD_Alien

Done move confirmed on 22:13 - Feb 2 by dale1968

How can we build a solid foundation when we sell our best players.

Look where we are. After selling Murray, Dagnall, Le Fondre, Dawson, Hogan... and others.

Look at our finances, and the chance that gives us to plan for the future.

A superb piece of business IMO

And then there's Matty Done himself - you're doing the club a huge disservice in thinking they can keep hold of a player who can see a chance to earn much more money from the game.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Done move confirmed on 22:22 - Feb 2 with 3343 views442Dale

Done move confirmed on 22:21 - Feb 2 by Daley_Lama

Indeed, it will all go to buying the whole ground.

Where's that up to? Another month down the line after the EGM was postponed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Done move confirmed on 22:22 - Feb 2 with 3318 viewsD_Alien

Done move confirmed on 22:20 - Feb 2 by 1907

What message does this given to the fans? Never been more disappointed in the club than I am right now

How odd.

I've never been more pleased!

Done move confirmed on 22:23 - Feb 2 with 3283 viewsColDale

Two and a half year deal would suggest the fee may not be as big as we thought. Cant see them shelling out a million for a player who could go on a free in the Summer after next.
Login to get fewer ads

Done move confirmed on 22:24 - Feb 2 with 3240 viewsdalenumber2

Done move confirmed on 22:22 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

How odd.

I've never been more pleased!

How odd - why pleased?
Done move confirmed on 22:25 - Feb 2 with 3197 viewsBrighouseDale

Statement from Hilly- http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/keith-hill-on-matty-dones-departure-22

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Done move confirmed on 22:25 - Feb 2 with 3190 viewsRotherhamDale

We've played this terrifically well. Selling our best player of the season with an hour to go to find a replacement.

Oh no, that would mean spending some money and BUSTING the club completely... Hang on, we're not skint this time. Maybe buying somebody could improve our results on the pitch and push us into the play offs.

But then again, I don't actually fancy it. As long as the club has a decent bank balance.
We're so unambitious it's embarrassing.

Possession with progression.

Done move confirmed on 22:26 - Feb 2 with 3168 viewsrichfoad32

Done move confirmed on 22:23 - Feb 2 by ColDale

Two and a half year deal would suggest the fee may not be as big as we thought. Cant see them shelling out a million for a player who could go on a free in the Summer after next.

Isn't that 2 summers after next?
Done move confirmed on 22:27 - Feb 2 with 3120 viewsmikehunt

Surely we could have held on to him until the end of the season. It's like we've declared.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Done move confirmed on 22:29 - Feb 2 with 3050 viewsD_Alien

Done move confirmed on 22:24 - Feb 2 by dalenumber2

How odd - why pleased?

Because the future of Rochdale AFC - after 5 decades of supporting them - has never looked brighter.

Done move confirmed on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 3028 viewsR17ALE

Done move confirmed on 22:21 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

Look where we are. After selling Murray, Dagnall, Le Fondre, Dawson, Hogan... and others.

Look at our finances, and the chance that gives us to plan for the future.

A superb piece of business IMO

And then there's Matty Done himself - you're doing the club a huge disservice in thinking they can keep hold of a player who can see a chance to earn much more money from the game.

Agree. We've got so much saleable assets, it would be naïve to think today would go without a sale.

We are a selling club, but the gripe has always been for how much. I trust the Board to have got at least £500,000 for Done, who I thank and wish well.

It's the second time we've sold him and added together, he might eclipse Lambert!

To me, it's another step in the direction that all our kids will have a Rochdale to support.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Done move confirmed on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 2920 viewsmacro

Done move confirmed on 22:27 - Feb 2 by mikehunt

Surely we could have held on to him until the end of the season. It's like we've declared.

End of the day if the player wants out as is suggested then the moves going to happen
Done move confirmed on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 2916 viewsSussexdale

Gutted. I know we probably had little say in it and I know Hilly rarely lets us down, but who is our replacement? We need a forward and need another centre back. I don't want to be the team who always sells, we have to spend occasionally! Another thing, I don't wish Matty well, why would I? We gave him another chance and he bins us 18 months later.
Done move confirmed on 22:31 - Feb 2 with 2896 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Done move confirmed on 22:26 - Feb 2 by richfoad32

Isn't that 2 summers after next?

Yes :)

Think we are being unfair to the club tbh - We signed Paul Connor and Clive Platt and look at the backing for the Flounders deal!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Done move confirmed on 22:32 - Feb 2 with 2879 viewsTomRAFC

EDIT: Just seen Hilly's statement.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 22:36]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Done move confirmed on 22:32 - Feb 2 with 2857 viewsboromat

Done move confirmed on 22:25 - Feb 2 by BrighouseDale

Statement from Hilly- http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/keith-hill-on-matty-dones-departure-22

Sounds like the move was more for Matty than it was for us. Probably got 200k plus add ons :-(.

Be good to see who can step up now. Bunney, Calvin, Camps, Lazarus, Brandy, Bell.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Done move confirmed on 22:34 - Feb 2 with 2794 viewsMasher

I reckon Hilly has been expecting this. We already have signed 2 other players so the likelyhood of Done being replaced is unlikely as we have Brandy and also Lazarus signed. No need to panic as i really cant see this affecting us that much. Hillys not an idiot and says that we have already turned down other bids in this window from Sheffield United

Up The Dale!!

Done move confirmed on 22:35 - Feb 2 with 2761 viewsYouTubeDale

Gutted. A Yorkshire rival has our star player. We could have held on to him, so I am sure we have a good price for him, £700k plus. Would love it if we still finish above them. With money in the bank all is not lost but I would rather take a chance by keeping Done and pushing on,selling him in the summer.

Hill owes it to the fans to reveal the sums involved.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Done move confirmed on 22:35 - Feb 2 with 2764 viewsboffley

So he's gone. Good. I'm really pleased with the fact that he has probably doubled or trebled his wages. (well deserved). That the club has put probably the thick end of a million in the bank and that Hilly will now come up with some new plan for the rest of the season. That to me is a trio of positives.

We can't have it both ways. We have developed a plan to bring youngsters through the ranks, mend broken toys and keep the club healthily afloat by selling those youngsters and "mended toys". To start protesting when someone moves on is negative in the extreme .

We should not view Matty Done's move as a setback . How many times in the last 25 years has it been said that because "so n so" has moved that's the end of the world as far as RAFC is concerned. This move is not a setback it's an opportunity.

An opportunity for Hilly to put some new plan into action. I for one look forwards to seeing what that plan will be and to the rest of a successful season.

Provided the price is right I look forwards to future moves away from the club and to the continued development and shape shifting of the squad.

UTD
Done move confirmed on 22:36 - Feb 2 with 2704 viewsDaley_Lama

Where would Done feature in a Dale 18 of the last 10 years?

Before anybody says left back, i was there first.

Poll: DF in or out

Done move confirmed on 22:37 - Feb 2 with 2681 viewscupardale

Jeez, I'm certainly in the optimistic camp. Yes it's disappointing, surely lots of factors involved in the sale but we will be a selling club whichever division we are in. The timing is poor but surely the signings of RNL and brandy were made in light of interest being shown in our players. Matty Done will have been offered a mega deal compared to what he is on at, let's face it a premiership size club. If my boss stood in my way of an offer like that I'd be peeved. Hilly probably knew if Matty performed the way he knew he could then this scenario was likely. The transfer window has a lot to answer for but I still see us being competitive.

Still rather us conduct our business this way as opposed to our friends on the other side of Heywood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024