Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? 10:11 - Feb 19 with 6748 viewsrbsranger

Isla injured
Ned injured
Simpson in the Leicester reserves
I guess that leaves us with a choice of...
SWP (cue forum going into meltdown)
or one of the kids

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 2289 viewsJonDoeman

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:15 - Feb 19 by Hunterhoop

After reading and considering the above....

F*ck it. Let's play Darnell Furlong and keep Karl "The Maestro" Henry in the middle where he's been bossing it. Let's not weaken two areas trying to solve one gap.

It's only 11 blokes against 11 blokes. Furlong is a RB, is a tall chap, he'll be so excited and give absolutely everything he has. And his dad is Paul Furlong so if he's gained any of the Furlong grit, strength and professionalism in the genes, he'll do himself justice.

Just play the lad and be done with it.

He's a good little player.

It Is What It Is !!

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:17 - Feb 19 with 2287 viewspaulparker

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:09 - Feb 19 by Marc

"No way would I play Henry at RB"

Why exactly? he has more experience of playing that position than Furlong and a left footed Yun. Or did you mean from a POV of losing his bite in midfield?

For me he Marc he isn't a RB, he has no pace for one thing ,
RB's now need to be up and down the pitch helping the midfield and helping attacks
look at our last game against Sunderland both Yun & Isla in the 1st half were pushing Sunderland back by getting forward,
Karl Henry wont do that, if anything with him and Rio at the back we will be inviting pressure on us as we wont be pushing up

oh and the fact we have no one to cover the Midfield as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:25 - Feb 19 with 2264 viewsadhoc_qpr

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:06 - Feb 19 by paulparker

Well done Harry you useless Gimp , what a great squad you amassed
no adequate full back cover, a 6 million pound midfielder with knees as good as douglas bader , no striker cover for Austin, and selling a young midfielder (mutch) without a replacement
triffic

no way would I play Henry or SWP at RB , I would have to go with yun or the lad Furlong

Is Mutch actually younger than Doughty?

Selling Simpson and Mutch without replacing them seems pretty needless and can't have made much of a financial saving.

I think it makes sense not to rush Sandro back and see him break down again. That's exactly what Harry did to Mutch which basically ended his QPR career...

We might as well give Sandro as long to rehab as he needs and know once and for all whether he will ever be fit enough to play semi-regularly or is a complete write off!
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:26 - Feb 19 with 2259 viewsdaveB

be good to see Furlong play so we can sing There's only two Furlongs
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:27 - Feb 19 with 2257 viewsYorkRanger

Slot Jamie Mackie in there perhaps?
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 12:50 - Feb 19 with 2225 viewsdannyblue

Well when Isla was off injured against Sunderland he put Sweep at right back and Doughty in midfield. And, to be fair, the growing threat from Johnson did seem to dissipate as a result.

I honestly think SWP would be ok at right back against a team that doesn't play diagonal balls, or have someone from the left attacking the far post. Problem is Hull do on both counts.

Since we need Karlinho in the middle, I personally would stick YSY at right back. He's got plenty of right foot and might even be right-footed.

Other option as suggested is three at the back, and that would allow you to have SWP at right wing back. For all his faults going forward he works quite hard and covers well. But I think it would be a bit unfair on our Clint to expose him on the left of a back three like that.
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 13:25 - Feb 19 with 2182 viewsderbyhoop

Did Isla get injured when Shite Phillips whacked the ball onto the back of his head?

Options already discussed. Suspect it will be SWP at RB. Darnell Furlong appears to be a decent prospect but he hasn't even had a Football League loan appearance yet, so it would be a big ask.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 13:46 - Feb 19 with 2149 viewsJonDoeman

Darnell not in the EDS squad at Colchester today.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 13:48 - Feb 19 with 2146 viewsbosh67

Doughty first choice
Karl Henry second choice back up
Furlong jnr step up if needed

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 13:49 - Feb 19 with 2145 viewsMatch82

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 11:08 - Feb 19 by adhoc_qpr

Not many good options really (thanks Harry...).

I'd personally go with Henry at right back and Doughty in midfield initially. Big pressure on the kid though!

SWP is too small and (if i'm being generous) too rusty to trust to start out of position.

I don't know anything about Darnell Furlong, but it's a pretty big ask to come in a make your debut away in a crunch match like this.

At least Doughty is older and much more seasoned having played lots of games in league one and two.

Can Phillips defend? I've never really noticed him doing so? That might be another option.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 11:09]

This. Pretty much word for word.

Not sure about Phillips at right back though, after the way he played last week I think we need him right wing
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:29 - Feb 19 with 2044 viewsonlyrinmoray

For me its a no brainer Put Doughty in there We all go on about giving youth a chance and the first sign of injuries we suggest playing first teamers out of position. Henry, Yun and ... Traore...He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team
Doughty looked the part in the last game when he came on
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:33 - Feb 19 with 2038 viewsdaveB

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:29 - Feb 19 by onlyrinmoray

For me its a no brainer Put Doughty in there We all go on about giving youth a chance and the first sign of injuries we suggest playing first teamers out of position. Henry, Yun and ... Traore...He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team
Doughty looked the part in the last game when he came on

He's not a right back though, he went into midfield when he came on with SWP going to right back
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:53 - Feb 19 with 2011 viewsjohncharles

I have a lot of confidence in Ramsey. I'm pretty sure he will have looked at the situation with an open mind and won't be afraid to bring in younger players. I reckon he will have decided on a team and a system earlyon and will have had them practicing all week.
Calm and logical.

Strong and stable my arse.

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:54 - Feb 19 with 2009 viewsstrikerace

What happened to Isla? I guess I missed it.
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:59 - Feb 19 with 1999 viewsJonDoeman

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:54 - Feb 19 by strikerace

Got subbed off at Sunderland with some sort of injury.

It Is What It Is !!

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 17:00 - Feb 19 with 1946 viewsdaveB

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:54 - Feb 19 by strikerace

Knee injury

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-injury-worry-for-qpr-ahead-of-vi
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 1917 viewsonlyrinmoray

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 16:33 - Feb 19 by daveB

He's not a right back though, he went into midfield when he came on with SWP going to right back

Dave... Neither are the other 3 that have been mentioned. I'd settle for Darnell but he would be a bigger risk Just think Doughty deserves a go especially as theres a lot of comments from the Club re giving youth a chance
So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 19:05 - Feb 19 with 1850 viewsHollowayRanger

I would not play a kid at rightback anyone remember danny murphy v tranmere
he made a terrible mistake cost us a goal and it totally destroyed him

henry is a seasoned pro he knows the job and wll be ok there put barton and sandro in middle

green
henry caulker ferdinad yun
barton sandro
phillips ziatate hoilett
zamorra

got a feeling Austin isn't 100% yet so 2nd half sub at best

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 21:45 - Feb 19 with 1790 viewsOakR

I think he will pick the formation to fit the tactics he wants to employ. He will then select the best people for each position he has, and those positions where there is no natural fit he will select from what is left.

Any by this I mean he won't disrupt the or move someone like Henry if he wanted to play him in midfield.

I think it will SWP at right back, and I think he will do ok there.

Poll: Will we stay up?

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 21:51 - Feb 19 with 1784 viewsMatch82

So who is playing Right-back on Sat? on 21:45 - Feb 19 by OakR

I think he will pick the formation to fit the tactics he wants to employ. He will then select the best people for each position he has, and those positions where there is no natural fit he will select from what is left.

Any by this I mean he won't disrupt the or move someone like Henry if he wanted to play him in midfield.

I think it will SWP at right back, and I think he will do ok there.

Sorry, I'm confused.

I assume what you mean is: I'll pick whatever formation happens to be in vogue, probably 442 with a big fella and little fella up front, then tell 'em all to "run around a bit".

No?

Your approach sounds far too much like sensible modern thinking to me. Can't be having with that, it makes my knees hurt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024