Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand on Ramsey 09:38 - Mar 25 with 5894 viewsdaveB

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9775116/appointing-chris-ramsey-as
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 10:08 - Mar 25 with 3133 viewsfakekerby

Whilst I agree is using somebody else's team that still doesn't escape several worrying trends:-

- use of SWP
- no using Adel or Vargas
- constant use of Zamora except Palace when he refused to put him on at all
- Furlong vs a team who thrive on wing play
- awful substitutions
- losing every game except Sunderland - results speak for themselves

And believe me, I love what Chris has to say and his attitude but sometimes somebody just isn't actually good enough.
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 10:25 - Mar 25 with 3075 viewsDiscodroids

its been said many times on here that Ramsey has had to deal with a lot , least of all a squad unfit for purpose .this is true.

captain quicknut fernandes , chucked his muck after the XXX action of the sunderland game quicker than gerald sinsdat in the adult trojan picture house .

appointed this humble ball of confusion and has facked off into the wild west like clint eastwood in' the beguiled' to lick his wounds.

all were doing is damaging this poor chap. mentally and humiliating him as well.

pack the poor sod off somewhere to watch countdown ,press flowers and read sigfried sasson poems in the country somewhere and bring him back , reinvigorated as a coach with the youth for next season.

les , take over for the remaining few games as a last roll of the dice. this death by a thousand cuts is going to end up with a points total commensurate with our last campaign.And even us, the fans, dont deserve that again.

then use all your powers to get kenny jacket and joe gallen in , and their forward line as well in the summer.

dont let this M.O.R. band play on any longer, Les.

your bound by duty to act in the best interests of this fine old club, and while survival is statistically possible , you need to act.Now.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2015 10:45]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 10:31 - Mar 25 with 3048 viewsCHUBBS

Pullis and Pardew are going great guns with someone else's team.
As much as I like Chris as a bloke he continually makes elementary errors resulting in predictable outcomes we can prophes.
He has had big problems with injuries and the immature stupidity of his captain however he's making glaring avoidable errors.
He may make a decent manager but feel the situation we're in required a man with previous experience in this situation.
It's out of frustration I've criticised him because he's the one calling the shots,I do hope he stays in some capacity but feel this terrible experience could leave a scar that may take a long time to fade.
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 10:41 - Mar 25 with 3009 viewsdaveB

Pardew and Pullis doing well with better teams, they'd both struggle with us.

I get all the moans about Zamora but he didn't play at Palace where we started with Adel and Austin up front and created absolutely nothing so the alternative isn't exactly a great deal better.
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:15 - Mar 25 with 2938 viewsRangersw12

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 10:41 - Mar 25 by daveB

I get all the moans about Zamora but he didn't play at Palace where we started with Adel and Austin up front and created absolutely nothing so the alternative isn't exactly a great deal better.

No apparently we have all these great players in the squad but CR just isn't picking them

I would imagine people will get their wish at West Brom and see Vargas starting up front and then when we get beat will moan about something else
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:34 - Mar 25 with 2892 viewskensalriser

True enough that we haven't been good enough all season whatever the team, whatever the formation and whoever the opposition. We've managed to scrape a few wins against the weaker teams but have gained just two points from teams in the top half. I'll say that again.

We've gained just two points all season from teams in the top half.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:34 - Mar 25 with 2892 viewsDejR_vu

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:15 - Mar 25 by Rangersw12

No apparently we have all these great players in the squad but CR just isn't picking them

I would imagine people will get their wish at West Brom and see Vargas starting up front and then when we get beat will moan about something else

Doesn't exactly cover himself in glory there.

"Chris was on-site at the time" - speaks volumes.
"He's doing us a favour" - really? He's been given a job that by his own admission is one that he's always craved,and one that doesn't present itself unless there are problems at a club; he's not been asked to clean the toilets.
"I know what a great coach he is" - Not arguing with that but that in itself doesn't mean he will be a good manager.

Whichever way you cut it, 6 wins in 7 is atrocious. Part of it is down to squad quality and fitness, but not all. HR was criticised for saying it had nothing to do with formations etc., it was all about the players. Now fans are effectively using the same excuse. I think Pardew, for example, would have made a better fist of it.

As far as I can see LF has no experience as a DoF. Appointing a DoF was a good idea, but I can't see why LF was given the job, other than that TF knew it would appease the fans and might deflect criticism. He's TF's human shield.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:37 - Mar 25 with 2880 viewsdaveB

How do you get experience for a director of football job if you don't get a chance to do it?
Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:41 - Mar 25 with 2862 viewsTacticalR

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:37 - Mar 25 by daveB

How do you get experience for a director of football job if you don't get a chance to do it?

DoF internship?

Air hostess clique

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:41 - Mar 25 with 2863 viewsDejR_vu

by working alongside an experienced DoF before being appointed to the top job.

I don't think QPR should exist to give anyone work experience.

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:41 - Mar 25 with 2857 viewsDiscodroids

and if we can stop signing ' ohhh bobby zamora ', poor old chauncey garndner might stop playing the useless crash test dummy .

ta.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:43 - Mar 25 with 2850 viewskropotkin41

That's two posts in one thread of yours that I agree with Dave........... just off for a lie down.

No-one knows how we would have done with a different managerial team in place, but my feeling is that we'd still be proper deep in the sh*t. I feel very sorry for CR that he's been put in charge of a train wreck in progress.

Redknapp jumped ship because he knew where he'd put us and how unlikely escape was. In that at least he showed sound judgement.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:47 - Mar 25 with 2834 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:41 - Mar 25 by DejR_vu

by working alongside an experienced DoF before being appointed to the top job.

I don't think QPR should exist to give anyone work experience.

So who should this experienced director of football be? I'm not sure any club has a trainee alongside a DOF to eventually take over.

Ferdinand has been in the game for over 30 years, he knows the club well, he's worked as a coach and done the courses required for the role so why not give him the chance. He's only been in the new role for just over a month.

It's sadly typical of QPR that we cry out for long term thinking, giving youth a chance etc and when we do that we instantly want to go back to experienced people again.
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:55 - Mar 25 with 2802 viewsTheBlob

So my fooball club is being reduced to that of sunday football where if you're mates with the manager/manager's mates you get in.
And I never thought it would turn into a pc pulpit.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:09 - Mar 25 with 2762 viewsDejR_vu

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 11:47 - Mar 25 by daveB

So who should this experienced director of football be? I'm not sure any club has a trainee alongside a DOF to eventually take over.

Ferdinand has been in the game for over 30 years, he knows the club well, he's worked as a coach and done the courses required for the role so why not give him the chance. He's only been in the new role for just over a month.

It's sadly typical of QPR that we cry out for long term thinking, giving youth a chance etc and when we do that we instantly want to go back to experienced people again.

I'm didn't say trainee, I said working alongside. I'm not an expert on DoF's, but then there's no need for me to be one as I'm not looking to appoint one. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect those that are making the appointments to do a little bit of due diligence. Do you think it's just a coincidence that of all of the people who work in football LF is identified as the person best qualified to do the job? Or that it's a coincidence that from all the people who work in football, we appoint someone who's already on-site to manage? These smack of decisions made by people who don't know what they're doing.

Just being in the game for 30 years doesn't mean he's qualified to be DoF. I've managed to stay alive for a lot longer than that but I don't think that qualifies me to be a doctor.

I'm all for stability, I was one that was crying out for it. But you need to appoint the right people.

And to be clear, I'm not digging out LF; I'm sure he's doing his best. I'm questioning why he was appointed.

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:25 - Mar 25 with 2712 viewsbob566

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 10:41 - Mar 25 by daveB

thats a team with danny gabbidon and delaney in it too Dave. A guy in zaha who hadn't played the sport for over a year. They're not all that. What he has done is got them running their socks off for the cause.
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:29 - Mar 25 with 2697 viewsdaveB

I think he got the job as he impressed the owners with the work he did when he initially came in to look after the youth development side and once they heard his ideas about how he wanted things done they gave him the chance.

I've no doubt the initial appointment was done because of his name rather than his knowledge and I'd agree those above him have no idea what they are doing but I think he's doing a decent job so far and would rather see him in the role than someone who has no connection to the club but has done alright in different circumstances somewhere else.

At some stage you have to give someone a chance to get experience and succeed or fail rather than the same old tired names all the time.
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:35 - Mar 25 with 2679 viewsTheBlob

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:29 - Mar 25 by daveB

I think he got the job as he impressed the owners with the work he did when he initially came in to look after the youth development side and once they heard his ideas about how he wanted things done they gave him the chance.

I've no doubt the initial appointment was done because of his name rather than his knowledge and I'd agree those above him have no idea what they are doing but I think he's doing a decent job so far and would rather see him in the role than someone who has no connection to the club but has done alright in different circumstances somewhere else.

At some stage you have to give someone a chance to get experience and succeed or fail rather than the same old tired names all the time.

It's like getting someone out of Wonga as the new boss of the Bank of England on the pretext of work experience.

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:55 - Mar 25 with 2615 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:25 - Mar 25 by bob566

thats a team with danny gabbidon and delaney in it too Dave. A guy in zaha who hadn't played the sport for over a year. They're not all that. What he has done is got them running their socks off for the cause.

they had a better base to work with and haven't lost key players to injury plus Pardew is a very good manager. I think our team have been trying hard and running hard every week, they're just not as good as Palace or other sides
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:57 - Mar 25 with 2606 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:35 - Mar 25 by TheBlob

It's like getting someone out of Wonga as the new boss of the Bank of England on the pretext of work experience.

nothing like that at all, it's hiring someone with 30 years of experience in football as a player and a coach with a strong affiliation with the club being given an opportunity. Not sure why we're so frightened of giving someone a chance
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 13:12 - Mar 25 with 2547 viewsTheBlob

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 12:57 - Mar 25 by daveB

nothing like that at all, it's hiring someone with 30 years of experience in football as a player and a coach with a strong affiliation with the club being given an opportunity. Not sure why we're so frightened of giving someone a chance

It's the wrong time and the wrong place.
But the decision has been taken and there's nothing you or I can do about it.It seems like it's a fad we've got to go through,but I hope once all the excuses have been offered for the inevitable f*ck ups we end up with new owners and new personnel in a saner environment.

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 13:25 - Mar 25 with 2503 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 13:12 - Mar 25 by TheBlob

It's the wrong time and the wrong place.
But the decision has been taken and there's nothing you or I can do about it.It seems like it's a fad we've got to go through,but I hope once all the excuses have been offered for the inevitable f*ck ups we end up with new owners and new personnel in a saner environment.

When is the right time then?
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 13:32 - Mar 25 with 2470 viewsRangersw12

The Ferdinand appointment is the only thing that gives me hope for the future
Ferdinand on Ramsey on 13:36 - Mar 25 with 2459 viewsTheBlob

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 13:25 - Mar 25 by daveB

When is the right time then?

The inevitable question.
When your club is in a stable environment and the experimentation does not have such a deep impact.Now was the time for hanging onto the precipice with as many fingers as possible.The chasm looms below and the grip is loosening,there's not a mountain guide in sight.

Ferdinand on Ramsey on 13:37 - Mar 25 with 2449 viewsDiscodroids

i demand the finest manager known to humanity.

i want him here and i want him now.

#discodroid and I

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024