Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. 12:05 - May 9 with 7846 viewsJackfath

She added: "The people of Scotland have spoken. They have placed their trust in the SNP to represent them in Westminster as well as Holyrood.

"These 56 SNP MPs will represent the interests of all in Scotland."

She called the SNP's victory in Scotland "unprecedented" in UK politics and added: "People voted for an SNP manifesto that had ending austerity as its number one priority. That is the priority these men and women will now take to the very heart of the Westminster agenda.

"It cannot and will not be business as usual when it comes to Westminster's dealing with Scotland.

"My message today to Westminster is this - Scotland's voice will be heard in Westminster now more loudly than it has ever been before."

Wales - soon to be a marginalised third world country. Why oh why are the Welsh so slow to wake up to what is going on.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 15:26 - May 11 with 753 viewsperchrockjack

"rich" people from inherited wealth are often far more naïve than those in a low paid job.
Many low paid jobs take a lot of resilience to perform which many of the so called wealthy elite don't have.
Many wealthy families send their kids to private school because they re thick and would be eaten alive at a state school.
I once had an ex army Lieutentant, former public school boy, affluent family under my supervision and frankly he was so thick, so shallow, so tw@ttish he was lethal. I tried to sack him before his probation finished and was knocked back.

After I retired I discovered he d made Chief Inspector and a kind of aide de camp for the Police Commissioner.

Strange things are happening every day

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 16:31 - May 11 with 723 viewsCopperJack

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 14:55 - May 11 by libertine

the question is why?

why do we continually make the same mistake?

during a heated debate last night I was once more arguing with a close relative about the labour parties top leaders all coming from affluent beginnings, his argument was we need people like that because they are intelligent.

is that the view of others on here?

We make the same mistakes because a Prime Minister closed the mines which employed a small percentage of the Welsh population.

People need to look at what they have done to Wales, and, closer to home, Swansea. Everything built in Swansea comes from EU grants with a small contribution from the WAG. To call the current Welsh Labour Party the party of the working class is laughable, when they're enacting many of the Tories policies of centralising wealth and narrowing the scope of investment

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 16:34 - May 11 with 721 viewswaynekerr55

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 16:31 - May 11 by CopperJack

We make the same mistakes because a Prime Minister closed the mines which employed a small percentage of the Welsh population.

People need to look at what they have done to Wales, and, closer to home, Swansea. Everything built in Swansea comes from EU grants with a small contribution from the WAG. To call the current Welsh Labour Party the party of the working class is laughable, when they're enacting many of the Tories policies of centralising wealth and narrowing the scope of investment

A bit of trivia. Who closed more mines whilst in power?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 16:39 - May 11 with 716 viewsLeonisGod

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 13:36 - May 9 by Lord_Bony

The roaring lion of Scotland will now go into action ....the rest of the UK will have to give into its endless demands...to the cost of Wales and N.Ireland.

Like it or not this election will have repercussions for us..we are the runt of the litter and will be given the scraps of the lions share.

Unfortunately,I think we are now in a no win situation...we have to suck that tit of Westminster for as long as we can and take what we can get.

The alternative is we are too weak to stand on our own as we could not fund ourselves and self govern...it just could not be done financially we would end up like Albania in a few short years...

Sadly true. We need to prey we stay in Europe too, because without their money propping up the public sector we'd be truly f*cked. Tories in Westminster and out of Europe is probably the worse scenario for us. There just isn't enough money around (customers) to support a stronger private sector any time soon.
A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 17:53 - May 11 with 682 viewslondonlisa2001

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 16:31 - May 11 by CopperJack

A better description would have been: distribution of Labour seats compared to areas where successive governments have done nothing to replace the jobs that were lost as a result of the de industrialisation of the UK in the 1980s and where voters have yet to realise that the party in power for most of those years of inactivity was Labour.
A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 18:52 - May 11 with 657 viewsperchrockjack

Frankly, I would have closed pits 30 yrs before thatcher as no man or boy should have to crawl in darkness,filth, damp to eke out a living. Yet the kint that was scar Gill wanted our sons to have a job underground. .

Thatcher s crime was that she saw it as a fight with the unions in particular scargill and cronies.

Jobs from London and the South East should have been devolved to mining areas and more efforts made to transfer skills into other work.

It was the last thing a miner wanted to see his lad go down the pit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 19:13 - May 11 with 639 viewsLeonisGod

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 20:56 - May 10 by dgt73

Are you for real....existing power stations will continue to generate power until the next generation of nuclears come online. You have got to be the thickest person to post on here.

Quite a few existing power stations are closing down at the moment because they haven't signed up to or can't meet some directive or other. I can't remember the reasons but there's a lot of power planned to be lost in the next couple of years.
A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 19:16 - May 11 with 634 viewslifelong

A massive kick up the arse for Wales and its people is needed. on 18:52 - May 11 by perchrockjack

Frankly, I would have closed pits 30 yrs before thatcher as no man or boy should have to crawl in darkness,filth, damp to eke out a living. Yet the kint that was scar Gill wanted our sons to have a job underground. .

Thatcher s crime was that she saw it as a fight with the unions in particular scargill and cronies.

Jobs from London and the South East should have been devolved to mining areas and more efforts made to transfer skills into other work.

It was the last thing a miner wanted to see his lad go down the pit

Very true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024