Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Record attempt in W12 on Saturday 21:40 - May 13 with 2497 viewsJames_W12

If you're around the Bush on Saturday morning, QPR Runners are encouraging fans of QPR and Newcastle to have a go at the 5km Wormwood Scrubs parkrun at 9am.

It's a great little weekly community event, is open to all whatever your ability and is free to enter. There are also refreshments in the Thames Valley Harriers clubhouse afterwards.

The record amount of participants is only 91 so if a few of us turn up we could beat it.

As I said it is free but you're encouraged to pre-register so you can get a result and they have an idea how many to expect.

A few of us are going so hope to see you there and wear your colours, I'm sure the Toon fans will.

Info and registration: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/wormwoodscrubs/
Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 07:52 - May 14 with 2353 viewsLblock

Thought it was "attempt at worst ever home games to points for a manager" but then realised I think Benny Ramsey has already squared that one away hasn't he?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 08:26 - May 14 with 2326 viewsMytch_QPR

Good luck, I can't go Sat but I'd like to participate in the future. Maybe we can have a collective run to an away fixture next season!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 14:38 - May 14 with 2198 viewsLewes_r

would've loved to give that a go but can't make it down.. Ted's Son "charlie" is a pretty tasty runner.. get him down there to win it

I expect all the toon fans to take atleast 30 mins + to carry their moobs over the finish line

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 14:43 - May 14 with 2189 viewsJJB

When I read record attempt I thought this was going to be about us trying to win a home game!

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 14:48 - May 14 with 2177 viewsDorse

I can just picture 200 wheezing, shirtless Geordies, staggering round the Scrubs, gasping for breath as they collapse over the line demanding Broon.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 14:55 - May 14 with 2162 viewsrunningman75

Good luck. Have run over 50 park runs , unfortunately not around this weekend as want to try out the scrubs. More of a plodder though.
Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 16:17 - May 14 with 2118 viewsBklynRanger

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 14:38 - May 14 by Lewes_r

would've loved to give that a go but can't make it down.. Ted's Son "charlie" is a pretty tasty runner.. get him down there to win it

I expect all the toon fans to take atleast 30 mins + to carry their moobs over the finish line

If Charlie runs that we'll never hear the end of it. "16.24 - Scrubs record" etc. :)

I'd definitely turn up some day in the future if I'm over. It's getting into 5K season over here now - trundling round the park with heat stroke - character building.
Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 20:25 - May 14 with 2047 viewsJames_W12

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 08:26 - May 14 by Mytch_QPR

Good luck, I can't go Sat but I'd like to participate in the future. Maybe we can have a collective run to an away fixture next season!

Thanks a lot, sounds good. If this goes well, am proposing something similar for as many Saturday home games as possible.

By the way, if you're not a member of QPR Runners already, join us:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/QPR.Runners/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/QPR_Runners

Cheers
Login to get fewer ads

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 08:46 - May 15 with 1966 viewsMytch_QPR

Record attempt in W12 on Saturday on 20:25 - May 14 by James_W12

Thanks a lot, sounds good. If this goes well, am proposing something similar for as many Saturday home games as possible.

By the way, if you're not a member of QPR Runners already, join us:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/QPR.Runners/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/QPR_Runners

Cheers

Sorry, James - don't do Facebook or Twitter. Barely do email / computers!

Maybe a run to Charlton next season (?) - if we're not in the conference. It would be nice to see some of the London Marathon route again. The only problem is changing - we could all be highly unpopular if we arrive in very sweaty shirts!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024