Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seriously, how much would it take? 09:49 - Jul 14 with 4472 viewsdingdangblue

To accept an offer for our best player, top scorer and main goal threat 3 weeks before the season starts? Hogan went to the Championship and we got 750-800k (rumoured) and its turned out an unbelievable deal with his unfortunate injury. Done went to Sheff Utd in Jan - probably trebled his wages and we got an offer we just couldn't refuse 500k +add ons (rumoured). I really cant see Barnsley paying anywhere near those amounts at this current time - surely we wouldn't just sell for any offer they make (say 200-250k)?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:31 - Jul 14 with 1440 viewsdingdangblue

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:19 - Jul 14 by electricblue

Isnt it what players and managers do each season strive to reach that division above either via automatic promotion or via the play offs...
Take that out of the equasion and then is it all worth it!
Dale where once a club for the player reaching the end of his career and thats all changed..
I think we need some reasoning from the chairman upon the reasons why and then perhaps it can put this to bed as they say..

All he said on GMR about getting promoted to the Championship was "look what's happened to Yeovil" in his eyes thats the only reason he needs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:42 - Jul 14 with 1395 viewsColDale

Can I just say that one tweet from Barnsley, already described as being not the most reliable by our Barnsley correspondent, and we have got the white flags out and pillorying the club for a lack of ambition and operating a Blue Peter being and buy sale?

If it ends up being true, then no worries. But it's a solitary tweet from a less than trustworthy source.

Hendo is our Crown Jewels. Neither Hogan or Done were our most important Player when we sold them.
Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:47 - Jul 14 with 1362 viewsDaley_Lama

In the same time period there has been 74 UFO sightings reported on twitter.

Poll: DF in or out

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:52 - Jul 14 with 1333 viewsdingdangblue

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:42 - Jul 14 by ColDale

Can I just say that one tweet from Barnsley, already described as being not the most reliable by our Barnsley correspondent, and we have got the white flags out and pillorying the club for a lack of ambition and operating a Blue Peter being and buy sale?

If it ends up being true, then no worries. But it's a solitary tweet from a less than trustworthy source.

Hendo is our Crown Jewels. Neither Hogan or Done were our most important Player when we sold them.

When did Whitey say it wasn't the most reliable?

Seriously, how much would it take? on 14:00 - Jul 14 with 1309 viewsAtThePeake

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:52 - Jul 14 by dingdangblue

When did Whitey say it wasn't the most reliable?

On Twitter.

Tangled up in blue.

Seriously, how much would it take? on 14:03 - Jul 14 with 1288 viewsDaley_Lama

How do we know how reliable the Whitey tweet is?

Poll: DF in or out

Seriously, how much would it take? on 15:00 - Jul 14 with 1200 viewsD_Alien

What I can say, very reliably, is that if Hilly honestly thought our chairman was seeking to avoid promotion to the championship, he wouldn't be managing Rochdale FC right now.

I strongly suspect Dunphy's comments to be taken out of context, i.e. the context of the time, when we were still unsure of our position in L1 and the example of Yeovil going too far too quickly. I also strongly suspect that should CD be asked the same question if we were there or thereabouts at the turn of the year this time round, the answer would be rather diffferent.

The same applies to the opinion of some of the fanbase who thought that back-to-back promotions wouldn't be in our best interests, long term. Again, things will be different if we're again challenging the top six.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2015 15:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Seriously, how much would it take? on 15:31 - Jul 14 with 1120 viewsTalkingSutty

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:42 - Jul 14 by ColDale

It's only your opinion that neither Hogan or Done were our most important players when we sold them, that's not gospel. Sensationalist Comments such as 'White flags' and 'Blue Peter bring and buy sales' or 'pillorying the club' are pathetic. Maybe it's an attempt to silence those who have the audacity to question decisions made by the club. Which is something that any supporter worth their salt will always do

The club can't have it both ways, to achieve promotion you have to keep your best players that's obvious. Supporters are well within their rights to voice their opinions without you turning their views into a 'anti- club' statement. We don't all sit at the same table as those employed by the club , nor do we wish to, so some of us don't feel the need to constantly jump to their tune.
Login to get fewer ads

Seriously, how much would it take? on 17:02 - Jul 14 with 979 viewsColDale

Seriously, how much would it take? on 15:31 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty

It's only your opinion that neither Hogan or Done were our most important players when we sold them, that's not gospel. Sensationalist Comments such as 'White flags' and 'Blue Peter bring and buy sales' or 'pillorying the club' are pathetic. Maybe it's an attempt to silence those who have the audacity to question decisions made by the club. Which is something that any supporter worth their salt will always do

The club can't have it both ways, to achieve promotion you have to keep your best players that's obvious. Supporters are well within their rights to voice their opinions without you turning their views into a 'anti- club' statement. We don't all sit at the same table as those employed by the club , nor do we wish to, so some of us don't feel the need to constantly jump to their tune.

My point was I felt it was an over reaction to an untrustworthy tweet. Like I said, if it happens then fair enough. I'll be feeling exactly the same. For me, Hendo graces any all time Dale side and his loss would be devastating, and especially more than the loss of any player since Reeves.

But it reads on here that many have decided that it must be happening because of the tweet and the club are taking a bit of stick over it on the basis of some kid in a bedroom in Barnsley.

It's not even sky sports pete
Seriously, how much would it take? on 17:51 - Jul 14 with 914 viewsnordenblue

Seriously, how much would it take? on 13:11 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty

Maybe we should be asking what's the downside of promotion to the Championship and try to highlight what damage it will cause to the club.

Why do some supporters not relish reaching the Championship and what are the fears behind their thinking ? Do we have the backroom staff capable of implementing a plan to maximise the financial streams etc ?

The infrastructure of the club itself would worry me more than our ability to survive in the Championship, i wouldn't bet against Hilly getting it right on the pitch.

Some perfectly put points in there ts,and couldn't be any more truth to them either.Together with the increase in admission prices and various conversations ive had/heard im definitely hand picking a select few games ill be attending,the club have made it perfectly clear their aim is just to survive in this league.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024