Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum fans should have received life time bans. 11:56 - Jul 22 with 5073 viewsrunningman75

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/chelsea-fan-banned-from-football-matches-f
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:57 - Jul 22 with 1309 viewsLblock

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 23:49 - Jul 22 with 1239 viewsGetMeRangers

Those saying it should have been a criminal charge may not be aware of what Football banning orders are in place for:

- Banning orders are a civil rather than criminal sanction designed to prevent future trouble rather than penalise past behaviour
- For an order to be issued, it must be proved that the accused person has caused or contributed to football-related violence or disorder
- Banning orders can last for between three and 10 years and were first introduced by the Football (Offences and Disorder) Act 1999
- Individuals can also be banned from using public transport on match days and from visiting other potential violent "hotspots" such as town centres, certain pubs and bars
Breach of an order is a criminal offence and punishable by a maximum sentence of six months in prison

Sources: Gov.co.uk and In Brief

Using comparisons to drinking and owning a car seem odd to me. In the same way I would not blame Sinn Fein supporters for the actions of a few extremists. I may be wrong, but the behaviour of these 'fans' was racist and given that they were doing this under the guise of being football fans, it seems the correct action to ban them.

While I accept that worse incidents occur away from football and treated as harshly, I for one am fully in support of removing racist thugs and racism from grounds and attending them.

Even if they have been treated harshly - which I dont believe they have - it might at least deter other knuckle dragging scum from either attending football matches or at least keeping their stone age views to themselves

The fact that the club of their allegiance was Chelsea comes as no surprise to me at all. having experience Scumbridge and their visits to LR in the 80's and 90's, this is typical behaviour. It is not as if their Captain, leader, racist has set a fine example either
Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 05:07 - Jul 23 with 1215 viewsBushman

Would it have happened if Chelsea weren't in town that day?

No

Then it is football related and the punishment is the correct one.

Football gives tvvats the excuse to go on the lash mob handed and give it the big one.

That's why they usually turn out to city workers from Carshalton when it comes to court.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 05:57 - Jul 23 with 1204 viewsLadbrokeR

It's easy to say that the scum as a club need some decent PR in terms of race relations as prior to this being on national news Terry's words and behaviour have left them with some work to do. I also know that racism existed at the scum long before Terry was there. To be honest they deserved what they got. That said the whole process did make me think about the power of you tube.
Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 10:52 - Jul 23 with 1126 viewsQPR1882

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 23:49 - Jul 22 by GetMeRangers

Those saying it should have been a criminal charge may not be aware of what Football banning orders are in place for:

- Banning orders are a civil rather than criminal sanction designed to prevent future trouble rather than penalise past behaviour
- For an order to be issued, it must be proved that the accused person has caused or contributed to football-related violence or disorder
- Banning orders can last for between three and 10 years and were first introduced by the Football (Offences and Disorder) Act 1999
- Individuals can also be banned from using public transport on match days and from visiting other potential violent "hotspots" such as town centres, certain pubs and bars
Breach of an order is a criminal offence and punishable by a maximum sentence of six months in prison

Sources: Gov.co.uk and In Brief

Using comparisons to drinking and owning a car seem odd to me. In the same way I would not blame Sinn Fein supporters for the actions of a few extremists. I may be wrong, but the behaviour of these 'fans' was racist and given that they were doing this under the guise of being football fans, it seems the correct action to ban them.

While I accept that worse incidents occur away from football and treated as harshly, I for one am fully in support of removing racist thugs and racism from grounds and attending them.

Even if they have been treated harshly - which I dont believe they have - it might at least deter other knuckle dragging scum from either attending football matches or at least keeping their stone age views to themselves

The fact that the club of their allegiance was Chelsea comes as no surprise to me at all. having experience Scumbridge and their visits to LR in the 80's and 90's, this is typical behaviour. It is not as if their Captain, leader, racist has set a fine example either

So they should not have got banning orders then. Unless pushing a Blackman off a train is in someway football related violence. Next we will get banning orders for all football stadium for having a punch up while down the pub whilst watching QPR on sky.Football fans are treated like vermin, I hate the scum as much as any other QPR fan but this is wrong.they should have been arrested and a trial in France where the crime took place.
Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 10:56 - Jul 23 with 1121 viewsQPR1882

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 05:07 - Jul 23 by Bushman

Would it have happened if Chelsea weren't in town that day?

No

Then it is football related and the punishment is the correct one.

Football gives tvvats the excuse to go on the lash mob handed and give it the big one.

That's why they usually turn out to city workers from Carshalton when it comes to court.

So you believe racism does not exists in France unless the scum are playing there ?
Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 11:38 - Jul 23 with 1098 viewsGetMeRangers

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 10:52 - Jul 23 by QPR1882

So they should not have got banning orders then. Unless pushing a Blackman off a train is in someway football related violence. Next we will get banning orders for all football stadium for having a punch up while down the pub whilst watching QPR on sky.Football fans are treated like vermin, I hate the scum as much as any other QPR fan but this is wrong.they should have been arrested and a trial in France where the crime took place.

The French chose not press criminal charges against the five. I do appreciate that you question whether the Met should be allowed to use draconian laws to bring Civil charges against the five back in this country. Given that it is civil rather than criminal, the burden of proof will be far lower. They are in place to prevent further recurrence of the problem rather than penalise.

Why are football fans treated like vermin? I think some are but the vast majority are not. Decent fans get tarred with the same brush when a tiny minority feel that it is acceptable, when acting as a mob, to behave in an unacceptable way.

Those that chose to have punch ups watching QPR either at grounds or in pubs run the risk of football banning orders, but I am fairly safe in saying that the vast majority of football fans of any club do not behave in that way

Conversely, there are self imposed 'banning orders'. My first game was against Bristol City in 1978. Martin Busby in about the 89th minute. There was a lot of fighting afterwards but as a child was not caught up in it. The friends father who took me made it clear that would be the last game he would take his son to. Racism and football violence belong in the past and the sooner they are confined there the better, in my opinion

I take my children to games. I do not want them to witness or experience some of the things i did when I grew up. They do not understand racism, but they certainly understand how vile it is and there is no question in their minds which clubs harbour the worst offenders, even if clubs like Chelscum can not do enough to try and distance themselves from the views of a minority of their followers
Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 11:42 - Jul 23 with 1091 viewsGetMeRangers

On a more light hearted note....
Login to get fewer ads

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 14:29 - Jul 23 with 1057 viewsToast_R

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 10:56 - Jul 23 by QPR1882

So you believe racism does not exists in France unless the scum are playing there ?

Right fair enough, so the offence took place outside a football ground, you clearly believe in that case it has nothing to do with football.

So Marseille 98, English thugs having a merry old standoff with some Tunisians on a Marseille beach, nothing to do with football obviously because it’s not in the football ground where England are playing Tunisia so it should be treated as a coincidental bust up on the beach possibly over a disagreement over a sun lounger I suppose. All those arrested there should be allowed to go to the England games because they pose no threat to anyone…

Charleroi 2000, English thugs smashing the town to pieces, Police unleash water cannon to disperse them. All those arrested nothing to do with football because it’s not happened inside the ground where England are due to play Germany obviously. Perhaps they were getting irate with the way their lunch was served. Let them go to football because they don’t pose a threat to anyone.
Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 00:22 - Jul 24 with 986 viewsFredManRave

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 14:29 - Jul 23 by Toast_R

Right fair enough, so the offence took place outside a football ground, you clearly believe in that case it has nothing to do with football.

So Marseille 98, English thugs having a merry old standoff with some Tunisians on a Marseille beach, nothing to do with football obviously because it’s not in the football ground where England are playing Tunisia so it should be treated as a coincidental bust up on the beach possibly over a disagreement over a sun lounger I suppose. All those arrested there should be allowed to go to the England games because they pose no threat to anyone…

Charleroi 2000, English thugs smashing the town to pieces, Police unleash water cannon to disperse them. All those arrested nothing to do with football because it’s not happened inside the ground where England are due to play Germany obviously. Perhaps they were getting irate with the way their lunch was served. Let them go to football because they don’t pose a threat to anyone.

Double entry...
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 0:22]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Scum fans should have received life time bans. on 00:23 - Jul 24 with 985 viewsFredManRave

Right, I'm just off out to the Mother-In-Laws with the aim of getting wasted and abusing (verbally) somebody on the way home...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024